Would you buy an authentic Preloved Chanel bag but no card?

Hi All,

I recently saw my holy grail bag for an amazing price, less than 5k. Jumbo, gold hardware. However, Seller mentioned that she does not have the card and the hologram inside is peeling.

She did say the bag had been authenticated.

Would you purchase w/out card and hologram missing? I have no plans to sell the bag.

Thanks!

View attachment 5410015
I would ask for the proof of authentication and make sure it's a reputable one OR require that she obtain a current one from Zeko before you purchase it. What series/year is this? It seems like a great price. Older bags don't sell for as high as current retail, but they also can't sell to Fashionphile or other resellers for more than what she's offering it to you for. So it could be a win-win.

Reactions: mistyknightwin
I saw a 26 series and apparently brand new for 7k range
Is that a good deal for a jumbo
Now that its like 10,000 eeeeeek
Seems like a decent price. Who is the seller? If it's a random person, have it authenticated even if they have the card. Superfakes have been able to produce cards, so having one doesn't necessarily guarantee authenticity.

Reactions: MeBagaholic
Seems like a decent price. Who is the seller? If it's a random person, have it authenticated even if they have the card. Superfakes have been able to produce cards, so having one doesn't necessarily guarantee authenticity.
Its from Fashionphile
I saw on Fashionphile

Reactions: Coach Superfan
Its from Fashionphile

I saw on Fashionphile
They are pretty reliable and they offer a lifelong authenticity guarantee. So if you're fine not having a third party examine it for authenticity, you should be okay. (Though I am not familiar with any situation when authenticity is disputed against Fashionphile after purchase or how legitimately they would honor a 3rd party's assessment. I haven't seen any posts in TPF on this happening.)

To answer your question No I would not purchase the Chanel bag without an authenticity card -- even if it's authenticated.

For me it just wouldn't feel the same. Plus we are all human and change our minds. You might want to sell it one day. You won't get as much and it will be much harder to sell without that card. Wait for another, it will come along... :smile: