Worst regret buying a Cartier Santos 6 years ago...

Thank you and :hugs:too. Actually my heart ache more during the first few years, but now numb already and really dont know what else I can do. Until the problem came back last nite (it was 5 mins slower now and i m testing it again). Then I remember I am a TPFer now! Hey, why not post it here and see i could find any new lights?

I'm so sorry to hear this. It's so frustrating to pay a premium for something that should be very high quality and then have it not work properly. How disappointing that Cartier has not been able to fix the problem!:hugs:

I cannot understand what is BS? Can you please explain?

I agree. The "demagnetizer" thing sounds like BS! If that's the case Cartier should put a disclaimer on their watches.
I remember you mentioning this before, OP. Terrible!!!

After reading your post, this watch is clearly bringing you more trouble than joy. How sad because this was such a generous gift from your husband.
This is what I would do- fully document everything and present the repair history to the highest level Cartier manager you can find. I only wrote once to the VP of Richmond (the distributor) and they had changed the movement for me.
Tell them that this is unacceptable to you.
They should at LEAST issue you a credit.
I m sure they got my history now but to write to Cartier...can I do that?
Then have your husband buy something that you can enjoy....a love bracelet, perhaps???

For automatic watch, it is quite normal for the watch to be a few mins 'slow' or even 'faster' but not more than 5mins and it is very consistent. But for my Santos, i realised it goes slower and slower and by time it went to 20mins slower (that the maximum I had tested my Santos) and I sent it back for repair for the 2nd time in within 6/7 months i bought it. The service centre kept saying it is normal for the an auto watch to be a few mins slower but I told them, it had never happened to my Rolex at all too.
Taneya..i love my Santos too and even this problem still persists but I dont have the heart to sell it. Very painful everytime i look at my Santos.

Ouch, mine is like 15 mins slower :sad: Damn I love this watch. Guess I'm going to continue wearing it till it stop completely lol

While drinking our Mai Tais or Rainbow cocktails:graucho:, let me present you something that looks like X Men's props..the demagnetiser with its assitant, the Compass..
plus all the documentations I got FOC from Cartier.

YES YES YES! And CFH can bring the demagnetiser - it sounds like something out of the X men series! We will wear casios - just to be safe.

Attachments

• DSC00199.JPG
    DSC00199.JPG
    119.9 KB · Views: 573
  • DSC00200.JPG
    DSC00200.JPG
    107.5 KB · Views: 575
  • DSC00196.JPG
    DSC00196.JPG
    50.6 KB · Views: 579
YES YES YES! And CFH can bring the demagnetiser - it sounds like something out of the X men series! We will wear casios - just to be safe.

Woot .. I don't hv a Casios but will wear my G-shocks instead :lol::ghi5::drinkup:

While drinking our Mai Tais or Rainbow cocktails:graucho:, let me present you something that looks like X Men's props..the demagnetiser with its assitant, the Compass..

Cheers !! :drinkup: Does it work ? Those things look sophisticated to me :giggles:

Thank you and :hugs:too. Actually my heart ache more during the first few years, but now numb already and really dont know what else I can do. Until the problem came back last nite (it was 5 mins slower now and i m testing it again). Then I remember I am a TPFer now! Hey, why not post it here and see i could find any new lights?

I cannot understand what is BS? Can you please explain?

Hello,
If this was my watch, I would calmly explain everything to a Cartier manager....how long this has been a problem, etc. I would tell them that I am loyal to the brand but that this solution (the magnetic device) is not a workable solution. I would then ask what my options are.

Oh my goodness, it might be the influence of the Mai Tai but all that equipment (and the compass!!) looks like we are preparing to go camping in the woods. And how often are you expected to perform the demagnetiser ritual to keep the watch going???