Women over 40 with great skin......what's your secret??

For all of you that were asking about a good sunscreen for oily skin, I have found the Holy Grail! It is by Skineceuticals and it is the Sheer Physical UV Defense SPF 50. It is awesome! It gives you a matte finish and it is does not make you oily at all. I forget I'm even wearing it. It is not thick and it has transparent titanium dioxide. I got it from my dermatologist's office and it is only $31! A must-have for oily skin.

Nada2Prada, is Skineceuticals' Sheer Physical UV Defense SPF 50 sunscreen easy to wash off at the end of the day?

The problem I have with sunscreen/sunblock is, I find a lot of them are hard to wash off. I don't like having residuals left on my skin when I go to bed.

I think starting a good skincare routine in your youth must have a lot to do with it. My mother looks young for her age. As far back as I remember, she always had some beauty routine she did every day. I didn't really start on one until I was almost 30 and, unfortunately, it shows.

While my mom tried to encourage me to start taking care of my skin in my teens, the products she suggested were not appropriate for my skin. I have oilier skin than her and I'm very prone to acne so when she gave me her products to try, they made me break out and feel greasy, which frustrated me (you know teens and ace) so I didn't try anything again till much later in life. So I think the other part of the equation is finding the correct products for your skin type.

To oily skin folks looking for a sunscreen, I'd suggest checking out Japanese brands like Shiseido or Kanebo. They tend to have a lighter texture and matter finish than American or European sunscreens.To remove sunscreen, try a cleansing oil.