Will eBay let me return when seller says no returns? Fake bag

@LucyOnLuxury, I’m so sorry about your mom and also about your anxiety, and I hope that the bag situation is cleared up soon. It’s terrible that you have to deal with this. Hugs
Thank you! I’m not probably thinking very clearly and shouldn’t be buying on eBay right now anyway. I put myself in this situation. I won’t make this mistake again and I appreciate all of the advice people have given me to help me.

• Love
Reactions: 880
Thank you! I’m not probably thinking very clearly and shouldn’t be buying on eBay right now anyway. I put myself in this situation. I won’t make this mistake again and I appreciate all of the advice people have given me to help me.
With all you have going on, you deserve a retail pick me up! I sometimes buy on fashionphile for an easy no hassles return policy and authentic stuff (the site also lists some gucci bags) . (I have no affiliation except as a satisfied customer). pls take care of yourself!

Reactions: caannie

Don’t beat yourself up. Of course you wanted to make yourself feel better with a nice pick me up. This isn’t your fault.

if you refuse the delivery it should automatically return to sender, no?
DO NOT REFUSE DELIVERY. If you do, the seller will win the dispute. It voids your buyer protection. This has been posted on this board numerous times. Ebay will supply you with a return address through their dispute process.

Reactions: Gabs007
If it hasn't been shipped, request that the seller cancel.

If it's been shipped, verify authenticity with crisp clear pictures. (It could be that this seller mixes authentic and fake and this could possibly be a genuine item.)

If it's deemed as fake, you can open a SNAD dispute for not authentic. Seller will be required to supply return shipping label at her cost and you can return. (It MUST include signature confirmation.) If seller denies the return or doesn't respond to dispute, escalate and let ebay close the case.

Don't lose sleep stressing over this. As unfair as it sometimes seems to sellers, ebay is considerably pro-buyer and you won't lose money.

Not always, I had an item that was marked as shipped but never showed up, I asked the seller a few times if she could check, she told me to check with the post office, without any tracking, not possible, she claimed tracking wasn't available, which is rubbish, anything you post in the UK, you get it tracked for free (too many things disappeared into nowhere), after explaining that I called the post office and they went "Without a tracking number, we can't help you" she got angry and told me I have it, I told her if I had it, I wouldn't have asked her to check where it is. When she told me to eff off, I opened a case, I don't know how she managed to escalate it, but it was closed as apparently I had confirmed receipt, which I hadn't, took me a good while to get through to eBay chat, requested that they look at the messages, that I had not confirmed receipt, that I have not received the item but would really like it, that every item has a bar code that is scanned when purchasing postage and along the way, and again when delivered, after 3 additional days I got refunded - the dog bed never showed up. With an item that size, there is simply no chance that somebody slaps a stamp on it and puts it into a post box (apart from stamps hardly being used anymore), but sometimes somebody with eBay chat seems to not grasp the language, so I would recommend doing the return, but apparently there are now scams where people do not take returned items (not in, or a premise that doesn't exist) so you can't show you have returned and it gets back to you, eBay chat help doesn't allow you to upload pictures so you can't upload the "Address not known" return. I am not overly paranoid, but everything over 200, I only use the PayPal credit card option.

I got the report from Authenticate4U. The bag is not genuine. What is my next step?
Do I have to contact the seller before eBay will do anything? How do I ask for a return? I can’t find a screen that allows me to file a SNAD dispute.
(Just to add to the story, the sellers return address on the box is Chicago!) listing said New York, tracking said Bulgaria.
What about PayPal?

I got the report from Authenticate4U. The bag is not genuine. What is my next step?
Do I have to contact the seller before eBay will do anything? How do I ask for a return? I can’t find a screen that allows me to file a SNAD dispute.
(Just to add to the story, the sellers return address on the box is Chicago!) listing said New York, tracking said Bulgaria.
What about PayPal?
Go to your ebay page.
  • On upper right, mouse over "my ebay" and in the dropdown, go my "my purchases."
  • Find the item and on the right, click "return this item."
  • It'll send you to a page asking for the reason for the return. The bottom option is "doesn't seem authentic." Choose that one.
  • You can describe that it's counterfeit and that you obtained a professional authentication from Authenticate4U that confirms.
  • You can add an image so for good measure, you can attach the PDF from A4U.

Go to your ebay page.
  • On upper right, mouse over "my ebay" and in the dropdown, go my "my purchases."
  • Find the item and on the right, click "return this item."
  • It'll send you to a page asking for the reason for the return. The bottom option is "doesn't seem authentic." Choose that one.
  • You can describe that it's counterfeit and that you obtained a professional authentication from Authenticate4U that confirms.
  • You can add an image so for good measure, you can attach the PDF from A4U.
This is exactly what I needed. Thank you so much for all of your help through this. I am so grateful.

The bag was $1200 ($1215 with shipping) so s.c. is required.

I don't know whether ebay includes it with the shipping label. (It should be included since they know the selling price and know that s.c. is required for buyer and seller protection.)

Perhaps someone who's return a SNAD item with a prepaid label knows the answer to whether it comes with the required s.c.

If you don't get an answer, call ebay but verify that you get an accurate answer and document what they tell you.

@LucyOnLuxury I just wanted to say that I lost my mom suddenly last year and I know that absolutely everything is overwhelming right now. It all feels too much. I would cry if I burned toast....still do sometimes, tbh.
Put trust in eBay and PayPal, which both side with buyer 98% of the time, and try not to give this your brain/heart space, if you can. You will get your money back, and then you can look for a different mood lifter. This forum can help in so many ways if you are looking for another bag or anything pretty to help you smile. :flowers:

I returned an item with the label the seller issued (he picked the cheapest label possible and didn't insure) the item got lost in transit and despite showing that I returned it, I didn't buy the label, I used the one the seller provided, they argued that he didn't get the item back. I now really rather pay additionally if possible.