Why the Love for the Cartier Love?

Thanks everyone for your response, I hope others will chime in as well!

Hermesaholic, that's what I was thinking about the rivet design also. I love the thought of a plain gold cuff, but not crazy about the rivets. Where have you seen copies of it? I'm having a hard time finding a plain gold cuff around the same size as the Love.
I was looking at a James Avery cuff, This one:

http://secure.jamesavery.com/jewelry/search/product/B-255/Hand-Forged-Cuff-Bracelet/

I can get that one in gold, around $3000.00ish.
But again, not sure if I like the hammered look. I'd prefer a smooth shiny finish. I sent for the silver one though, just to see if I like it.

I go back and forth on the Love.....Sigh. Thanks again everyone! Allison

I actually (no offense to anyone) do not like it. I dont like anything that troublesome to remove. The rivet design has been copied extensively (as has VCA so that is hardly a reason not to get one but neverthrless. Lastly, I just dont find it that interesting...I like delicate bracelets or a bolder heavy cuff........it is a little too narrow for me

Same here.
While I prefer the bracelet with the diamonds, not being able to easily take it off would drive me crazy.

Take a peek at the Tiffany and Co. Elsa Peretti Bone cuff. It's gold.
Absolutely gorgeous and very classic, yet interesting. It has more impact than the love bracelet and you can easily take it off.
This bracelet looks great worn casually with jeans and a t-shirt...or with a little black dress.

I am a girl that changes her jewelry frequently. Obviously, I do not change out my Love bracelet; it's locked on!
So whether I like it or not, it is my signature piece. I am never taking it off, at least not willingly.
TPF is a wonderful place that has provided me with a safe zone to learn about high end jewelry and bags without feeling ignorant. It gave me the confidence to ask the questions that so many others before me have asked, like, what size bracelet would work for me? what color gold should I get?
I have learned alot about Cartier and their products on here, and I have a high regard for their jewelry.
It was such a great feeling to walk into Cartier and buy my SO's bracelet and understand the value of what I was buying. My SO bought mine off of a reputable seller off of Eby,and if it wasn't for TPF, we would have never had the confidence to do so!
We decided to exchange Love bracelets as a symbol of our commitment to each other.
I love the simplicity of the Love bracelet. I love that it is a unisex piece that anyone can wear.
It is on my left wrist, and it is going to get scratched, and that is okay with me. Everytime I look at it I think of how hard he worked to get me this bracelet, and that it truly is a representation of our love for each other.

No offense taken! It's definitely not for everyone, especially for those who need to remove their jewelry.

My guy didn't like it at first because it reminded him of a handcuff (a fancy one haha) and I didn't like it that much at first either. But it really grew on me, thanks to tpf. Other things have started to grow on me since: H everything, the goyard shopping tote, etc. As Lana says, tpf is great at creating obsessions, to the detriment of my and my guy's wallet!! So I've been trying to stay away; for my own good!!

ITA. tPF has been hugely responsible for all the holes in my wallet! :graucho: And on the flip side, also responsible for enabling me to buy the 100 backup wallets I have for the previously stated holes! :P

Take a peek at the Tiffany and Co. Elsa Peretti Bone cuff. It's gold.
Absolutely gorgeous and very classic, yet interesting. It has more impact than the love bracelet and you can easily take it off.
This bracelet looks great worn casually with jeans and a t-shirt...or with a little black dress.

It's gorgeous but it's not exactly cheap! :P Almost two Love bracelets! :graucho:

I actually (no offense to anyone) do not like it. I dont like anything that troublesome to remove. The rivet design has been copied extensively (as has VCA so that is hardly a reason not to get one but neverthrless. Lastly, I just dont find it that interesting...I like delicate bracelets or a bolder heavy cuff........it is a little too narrow for me

In the end, all that matters is that we each love our own jewelry. Not everything is for everyone. If everyone walked around with Love bracelets and VCAs, I'd probably get sick of it. As prevalent as the bracelet is here on tPF, I've only once seen it worn IRL, while on vacation in Thailand, of all places! Different strokes for different folks, right?!!? :smile:

In the end, all that matters is that we each love our own jewelry. Not everything is for everyone. If everyone walked around with Love bracelets and VCAs, I'd probably get sick of it. As prevalent as the bracelet is here on tPF, I've only once seen it worn IRL, while on vacation in Thailand, of all places! Different strokes for different folks, right?!!? :smile:

Well said and of course: I didnt reply to be negative. The poster asked a broad question "Why the Love for the Cartier Love?".... In fact , one of the coolest women I know has three: white gold and pave. It looks amazing.

I actually was drawn to the screw motif since I first saw it in a store that sold high end estate jewelry when I was 12 or 13 maybe. I actually didn't realize it was a "screw" design and didn't know it was Cartier. Although I always liked the classic timeless design I wasn't crazy about wearing it all the time and that is the part that really grew on me and I love that it has become a part of me and always on. I have the 4 diamond bracelet and really do "Love" it.

I have 2 plain rose gold love bracelets and one pave diamond one. I wear them all together and they look amazing.....
I bought them simply because I like them and not because I am in a relationship...a bit of a bother having to take them off as I only wear them for a few weeks at a time before I have to change my bracelets....non the less, they are amazing!!!

Well said and of course: I didnt reply to be negative. The poster asked a broad question "Why the Love for the Cartier Love?".... In fact , one of the coolest women I know has three: white gold and pave. It looks amazing.

I didn't think your answer was negative at all! It was totally honest. :smile:
And it is kind of a pain to take on and off...I don't like the cuff nearly as much as the bracelet, but my line of work isn't very conducive to wearing the bracelet. So I just look at mine a lot! :smile: