Who do you shop with at a Coach store?

I either shop with my mother or my dh. I prefer going with my mom. She shares my love of Coach & doesn't rush me. I don't really care to shop alone, unless I'm in the mood too. I like someone to give me their opinions etc..

I do not like shopping with anyone, especially at my Coach Boutique. I love to take my time and look around, talk to my SA about what is new and perhaps buy something. Sometimes I go in just to window shop and get ideas. When I am ready to shop I usually know what I like and what I am looking for before, so I just go in and buy it. I do not like wasting time with indecisive shoppers.

It is the same for shopping for anything for me. I pretty much know what I want and cannot bear to spend all day in and out of stores. That just drives me nuts. The only exception to this is when I go to the Coach Outlet.
At the Coach Outlet I pretty much take my time since it is such a long way from my home.

Yes, a tPF day in Michigan sounds great to me...since that's where I live :graucho: ..Please keep me posted...

I shop alone when shopping for Coach....and usually with my family when purchasing Burberry (as we are usually on vacation...you can't buy Burberry where I live...)

So far I've only shopped for Coach by myself, but I've recently got my mom hooked on coach!! Next time I will shop with her. It took so long, but I convinced her she needed a Swingpack for vacations. She got one and loves it so much that she cant wait to go to the outlet and get a bag.

For the first 42 years of my life, my mother was my best shopping buddy. She was totally honest with me...even when I didn't want to hear what she had to say. She had great taste. She passed away 3 1/2 years ago and I still miss her every day.

Now, my shopping buddy is my 16 year old daughter. You could not ask for a better teenager (I teach high school, so I know.) She is just about perfect. However, I do find that on our trip I seem to spend more on her than on myself!

I typically shop alone. Not that I necessarily prefer it that way, but I just don't have a lot of "shopping friends" around here. I have many friends but shopping friends are different imho.

I don't even try to bring dh, I've learned not to, lol. He is a total kill joy as well and always rushing me-"are you almost done? I'm tired. Come on. Blahblahblah" But that being said, when we were first dating I could totally take him anywhere and he was happy just to be with me so it's possible that this guy totally means what he says.

I prefer shopping by myself. I am always conscience of others, their time, interest and boredom. So, it's a distraction for me to bring another along. I like to take my time, make my decisions. I never ask another's opinion, and I especially don't want to hear "you spent that much?"

But, twice I've taken my girls (4, 7,8) into a boutique. The atmosphere felt so sacred, hushed and serious. I'm a people watcher . . . I stand back and scope out the place. So, I really appreciated when my four year old started talking to and playing with the Coach dog, feeding it some dog morsels, and trying on coach collars! Broke the atmosphere!

I usually hate going to the mall with someone else because they want to go in every store and look at everything on every rack/shelf/table/etc. I can scan a store in 2 minutes and know if I want to look at or buy something.

You sound like me and my mom. We can go shopping together because we'll both give each other "the look" if we're not feeling anything. However, I go to Coach alone. She doesn't see the point in spending so much on bags and I don't want her asking me how much a bag is every 5 seconds and "not saying anything" but really saying it with her face :rolleyes: .

In general, I prefer shopping on my own. I can go at my pace (fast or slow) and, quite frankly, some of my girlfriends walk WAY too slow for my taste. heheheh

I hate hate hate hate shopping with my husband. Love the man to death, but what they say is true...women marry men just like their dad's. You couldn't pay me to go shopping with my father either! I even hate grocery shopping with my husband!

I will shop with my mom on occasion...that's fun...she's alot like me...walks fast, is in and out, will buy it if she likes it and not hem and haw for hours, and likes to shop in the morning before the afternoon crowds (so we shop in the morning, then have a long lunch with 'adult' beverages! heheh)

Enjoy it and let him carry the shopping bags while he is still willing!

Yeah, he carried my huge shopping bag and then carried me (piggy back ride). It was sort of crazy, I felt like a 16-year-old... We were pretty dressed up that day. He was wearing a dress shirt and slacks and I was wearing a nice sweater, knee-length wool pants and my tall boots. I jumped on his back right in front of Nordstrom on Michigan Ave. We didn't even care if people were staring. He carried me probably a block or so. LOL