white soleste - most bang for buck!

This double halo looks so different in person than in the pictures - IMO. I never would have thought it would appeal to me by pictures. But when SA took it out of case to show my friend (who also never had any interest) it was breathtaking. I previously thought a double halo would be too busy but it really isn't. A must-see for anyone considering a Tiffany engagement ring.

I adore the Soleste, I agree with you Hoka that the first halo isn't as apparent as the second halo. I actually really like that because it seems its coming from underneath the diamond instead of being so separate & apparent that it would look like a flying saucer! Tiffany's did an amazing job with the setting on this ring all around, I love that there isn't an airline between halos and diamond at all!

I actually tried on a bigger Soleste a few days ago, I'll post a pic my hubby took for me. The center stone is 2.62 I believe but to us it looked A LOT bigger. I wear a size 9 and it covered a lot of my finger. This ring was a size 6 so obviously it did not fit my finger but you can get an idea of how huge it is! It almost looked bigger than my 3ct oval which also has a halo!

wow! that is amazing, looks more like a 5-6 carat!!! Do you know the price/stats of that beauty by any chance?

wow! that is amazing, looks more like a 5-6 carat!!! Do you know the price/stats of that beauty by any chance?

It really is stunning! I believe it is a 2.62 G color VS2 clarity and I think it was $82,000 which isn't too bad in comparison to other big names like Harry Winston. One of the HW rings I looked at that same day actually was the cushion cut with the micro pave halo and it was a 3ct VVS2 G color and might I add was actually not any bigger looking than the Tiffany Soleste I tried on and I'm not talking about the halos I mean the actual cushion. My DH and I could not believe the price on the HW considering how small the diamond was for being a 3ct, the price on it was $209,000!!! I could not believe it lol, I was not impressed with the HW setting either, I have seen rings that other designers make like Leon Mege that look A LOT better. All in all, the Tiffany Soleste is a gorgeous ring that I would love to own one day!

My ring is platinum and my experience is that eventually, the platinum will turn into a greyish color. My suspicion is that eventually, the double halo will really stand out once the metal has oxidized....

That has a lot to do with the alloy more just than the platinum. I have owned many pieces in platinum and none has a "grayish" twinge with the exception of one I know is alloyed with Ruthenium. But all are shiny and nice. I keep them polished.

Everyone knows I love the soleste ;) when I was looking at rings, only the yellow diamond soleste was available but I think the white diamond version is an awesome alternative to hw (though hw has a yd alternative to their classic micropave!). I also agree that the ring looks 10x better in person than online/in pics! So I wonder if those who dislike the soleste because they think the ring is "busy" or the design is bulky has actually seen the ring in person...

Everyone knows I love the soleste ;) when I was looking at rings, only the yellow diamond soleste was available but I think the white diamond version is an awesome alternative to hw (though hw has a yd alternative to their classic micropave!). I also agree that the ring looks 10x better in person than online/in pics! So I wonder if those who dislike the soleste because they think the ring is "busy" or the design is bulky has actually seen the ring in person...

Hehe I did say that the Soleste looked busy and a little "bulky" when I was comparing it to other styles but I was basing that on the website pictures...

I can't imagine anyone seeing them in person and not falling in love with the soleste design! They sparkle like MAD! I'm ALWAYS drawn to the yellow ones (I haven't seen the white in person - will look next time I'm in!) but the embrace is stunning!

chanel-girl said:
Hehe I did say that the Soleste looked busy and a little "bulky" when I was comparing it to other styles but I was basing that on the website pictures...

Lol well I'm glad the pics of the real thing have given you a different (hopefully better!) view of the soleste!

Hopefully the soleste will be not be discontinued. I always worry about that especially because I'd like a little soleste for me! I know Tiffanys often discontinues select pieces. Hopefully the soleste is here to stay!