Which scarf/pointu/pochette are you wearing today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
A couple of animal silks for the scarfies from this week...one for sparkle's goat. L'Arbe de Vie and TR pointu. in response to Maedi's query - yes, I do love the white Equateur. It is worth having to deal with white border when you can have a silk this special :amuse:;)

Attachments

• Lavied'arbe.jpg
    Lavied'arbe.jpg
    45.4 KB · Views: 711
  • Laviedarbe2.JPG
    Laviedarbe2.JPG
    54.2 KB · Views: 711
  • TRPointu.jpg
    TRPointu.jpg
    56.3 KB · Views: 700
  • Equateur4.JPG
    Equateur4.JPG
    50.3 KB · Views: 713
A couple of animal silks for the scarfies from this week...one for sparkle's goat. L'Arbe de Vie and TR pointu. in response to Maedi's query - yes, I do love the white Equateur. It is worth having to deal with white border when you can have a silk this special :amuse:;)

Love your white Equateur! I love the colouring on this scarf. It's unique & u wear it very well!

Micheldietlin, Nestgirl(you make me feel better now,hehe), Maedi (the cat is well loved in the house, he is the boss), lanit, pjlatte
thank you so much for your sweet words!:flowers::flowers::flowers:

Lanit, beautiful in both scarves. I am a ''goat'' lover swell, happy to be your twins on this L'Arbe, one of my favorite design as well, have 3 in silk one in a Cashmere shawl.

I always adore your beautiful well ''structured '' lips. they are price less best accessories to go with all your beautiful silks

Have a wonderful Saturday
Happy easter!

LQYB, I am still reeling from the beauty of your scarf collection...

lanit, just got "Equateur" myself in white; I am so glad you modeled it for me.

Don't forget the next year's scarf weeks (a collaboration of TangoTosca, Chestnutty and me).

Tomorrow starts with:

APRIL
(March 31/April 1) Those Were the Days, Part IV: 1950/60’s or older scarves Or...(in honor of Apil Fool”s day- Scarves that fool the eye)
7 April Double your Pleasure, Double your Fun: Two Scarves
14 April The Universe on my scarves: Sun, Moon, Stars, Planets, and Mythology
21 April How does your Garden Grow? - Botanical Scarves to celebrate Spring (include a detail and name a flower, tree etc. - pictures if you have them!)
28 April Pierre Marie (or other risiing stars)

MAY
5 May In honor of Mother’s Day: I remember Mom’s scarves back in those days...(Scarves that remind you of your mother and/or grandmothers, or scarves that you’d love to pass on to your dear children someday)
12 May Scarves from Spain or Latin America in honor of Mexico’s Cinco de Mayo celebration
19 May Bye-bye Birdie: Scarves featuring birds (name at least one bird-chirp!)
26 May - The Children’s Hour: Scarves featuring toys, games, and pastimes

JUNE
2 June Your first scarf (any size and any fabric)
9 June Objectify Me: Scarves that feature collections of objects, e.g. Flacons, Les Cles
16 June Color me Happy: Show us the brightest scarves in your collection or favorite CW
23 June The Art of YOUR FAVORITE designer (and why?)
30 June The New World: Scarves about North America to celebrate US Independence Day

JULY
7 July Your Cheatin’ Heart: Our non-H silky loves (Shhh! We won’t tell.)
14 July Cloud 9: Mousselines
21 July Nontraditional is the new traditional! Show off your plisses, jersey, pointus, twillies, and pochettes
28 July Maps in any form or as a part of a scarf.

AUGUST
4 Aug The Life Aquatic: Scarves featuring water, sea life, or Nautical scarves
11 Aug Ungrails: Ah, those scarves you love to hate
18 Aug The new scarves: 2010 or later.
25 Aug Show us your tricks with scarf rings or ties (I need help!)

SEPTEMBER
1 Sept Still Have the Blues for You: Blue scarves to honor Rosh Hashanah
8 Sept Doubled Happiness: Scarf designs that you own in at least two colorways or in multiple formats
15 Sept The Royal Color: Purple scarves
22 Sept The Art of Zoe Pauwels
29 Sept Pink scarves in honor of Breast Cancer Awareness Month

OCTOBER
6 Oct Graffiti, or any radically new look for H
13 Oct Architecture: Scarves that feature buildings, bridges, drafting details..
20 Oct Autumn in my heart: Scarves featuring autumn or in earthy colors
27 Oct Scary scarves/colors in honor of Halloween

NOVEMBER
3 Nov Scarves that contain time or date references (...or Anything to do with Daylight Savings Time?)
10 Nov The Art of Dimitri Rybaltchenko
17 NovOh, the Weather Outside... - Scarves about the weather, e.g. snowflakes, wind
24 Nov Wearable art: Scarves you think belong in an art gallery or have a strong artistic bent

DECEMBER
1 Dec The Art of Annie Faivre (show the monkey!)
8 Dec Scarves with Contrast Hem or Ornate Borders
15 Dec Holiday Scarves!
22 Dec Nostalgia or what makes you happy/grateful for this important time.
29 Dec Roses are Red: Red scarves to start 2014 with energy!

JANUARY
5 Jan The Art of Aline Honore
12 Jan Get in shape!: Action scarves
19 Jan Now that you are tired of getting in shape, FOOD scarves (or at least, delicious ones...)
26 Jan Asia: (your interpretation) Chestnutty reminds us that the Lunar New Year 2014 is on January 31st...

FEBRUARY
2 Feb Brrrrrr! - Time for Cashmere
9 Feb My Dearest in Silk: Scarves that your significant other(s) loves to see you in
16 Feb Scarves and Shoes
23 Feb The RAREST scarf you have (or wish you had)

MARCH
2 March Jacquard Scarves
9 March Kermit Oliver (the new scarf may be out by now)
16 March Celebrate Yellow! Hoping for Summer.
23 March Critter Corner: Show us your favorite animal scarves or your favorite animal(s) featured on H scarves
30 March The Staples: Scarves that you wear the most often/workhorse scarves

HAPPY EASTER EVERYONE!! XOXO TO ALL, Jahna

Hello my scarf friends! :wave:

First sending a belated thank you to Tango for all your past efforts, so appreciated! And sending many thanks to Jahna for offering to be our new Scarf Mistress!

So many lovely posts over the past few days by, jp_536, ms piggy, LQYB, sparklelisab, Carrelover, lanit, and Chestnutty. I haven't been able to keep up properly with comments, but have loved seeing them all!

For the animal theme week, here is my Alphabet 3 90cm, designed by Annie Faivre. This is a Finesse from 1999, in a creamy white, with light grey. I love this whimsical design, especially in this very quiet palette. The various animals are hard at work, depicting various letters. The spring 1990 scarf booklet explains that the letters 'Y', 'J', 'A', and 'S' surrounding 'Hermes' have a special meaning, as they are the initials of members of the Hermes family.

Attachments

• Hermes - Alphabet 3 - 2.jpg
    Hermes - Alphabet 3 - 2.jpg
    54.2 KB · Views: 602
  • Hermes - Alphabet 3 - 4.jpg
    Hermes - Alphabet 3 - 4.jpg
    52.4 KB · Views: 641
  • Hermes - Alphabet 3 - 8.jpg
    Hermes - Alphabet 3 - 8.jpg
    73.4 KB · Views: 656
Last edited:
Etoile, the scarf, ring and Farandole are crisp, elegant and gorgeous.

Lanit, what a beautiful assortment. I love them all. Will need to decide on a color for Equateur. I don't have anything in this blanc/Gris range, just a blanc La Femme aux Semelles du vent. Your picture is beautiful.

lanit, thanks dear. love your new nacklace as a scarfy you will have a lot fun to play with.
ladybaga, thanks , i always love your pics with that huge eye of your, the beautiful smile.
Maedi, Thank you! when ever i feel having a bad hair day, hats and scarves come to save me.
chestnutty, thank you! love the tiger have the '' wing''. I have one in purple CW as well.

And catching up animal week, I took some of my animal related shawls ( no time for silk this time), I love anything related to animals.

Frist, my very favorite tiger, beaded.

Oh my LQYB, the shawl is as exquisite as you are my dear.

And I would love to disclose to the scarfies that I have broken my "newbie" rule of one cw per design. I know own three pieces of the same design--one of my top 5 loves. Voyage en Etoffe in two shawls and one silk twill. Yikes.

And of course you are all sick of my passion for Illumieres de Paris except for Chestnut, who shares my love! I have three silk twills and two are in the same cw. Nuts, but I am so afraid I might soil one and you just don't see them very often.

Gorrrr-geous my dear friend. And I too love your lips. So kisssss-able....:amuse::hugs:

First sending a belated thank you to Tango for all your past efforts, so appreciated! And sending many thanks to Jahna for offering to be our new Scarf Mistress!

So many lovely posts over the past few days by, jp_536, ms piggy, LQYB, sparklelisab, Carrelover, lanit, and Chestnutty. I haven't been able to keep up properly with comments, but have loved seeing them all!

For the animal theme week, here is my Alphabet 3 90cm, designed by Annie Faivre. This is a Finesse from 1999, in a creamy white, with light grey. I love this whimsical design, especially in this very quiet palette. The various animals are hard at work, depicting various letters. The spring 1990 scarf booklet explains that the letters 'Y', 'J', 'A', and 'S' surrounding 'Hermes' have a special meaning, as they are the initials of members of the Hermes family.

Oh etoile, you are the QUEEN of this cloudy, floating, glorious look!

Wow amazing !!!!!!!!!! :biggrin:

What I wear is Les Trophees 90cm Rouge/Violet/Jaune + Perfore scarf ring.
image_zps3077c59f.jpg

image_zpsa485e113.jpg

Thank you DLee, Jahna, Maedi, LQ, Deb and sparkle! Happy Easter everyone!

Maedi - please try the gorgeous blue and rusty orange Equateur. I think it might look fabulous on you- there is one on H.com. I remember seeing you in the deep russet colors and I have a sense this one might be a great colorway for you. I might have opted for this colorway or the black, but the greens in the black might have been more problematic for me.

Jahna- congrats twin, and thank you for the theme calendar! Getting ready for this week's theme already.

etoile - ITA with Maedi - you look great in pale colors - such a divine Alphabet! Perfect with the fandarole too!

Status
Not open for further replies.