Which Saint Laurent LouLou: Black Leather OR Black Patent Leather?

Which Saint Laurent LouLou: Black Leather OR Black Patent Leather? I already decided for myself that I like black with gold hardware better than silver hardware or black hardware, but now trying to decide between the black leather and black patent. Please let me know which one you like better in terms of looks (if only to think about the looks, but not the practical side)? Which of the two looks dressier, fancier, more expensive, and nicer, overall (looks-wise)? Please help me make the decision. Thank you!. :smile:

Attachments

• IMG_7230.jpeg
    IMG_7230.jpeg
    72.2 KB · Views: 23
  • IMG_7234.jpeg
    IMG_7234.jpeg
    76.6 KB · Views: 21
  • IMG_7232.png
    IMG_7232.png
    330.3 KB · Views: 21
Reactions: A bottle of Red
So I didn't expect to like this bag in the patent, wasn't sure if it would work with the quilting, but I think it's really pretty!
Of course there are some downsides to patent leather; they can get color transfer from leaning against another colored object or a newspaper or printed receipt; they can get sticky over time ; and sometimes scratches on black patent show up as white and I'm not sure how to fix those.

So I didn't expect to like this bag in the patent, wasn't sure if it would work with the quilting, but I think it's really pretty!
Of course there are some downsides to patent leather; they can get color transfer from leaning against another colored object or a newspaper or printed receipt; they can get sticky over time ; and sometimes scratches on black patent show up as white and I'm not sure how to fix those.
Thank you!. 😊 Any more votes? :smile: ;)

Reactions: A bottle of Red
Which Saint Laurent LouLou: Black Leather OR Black Patent Leather? I already decided for myself that I like black with gold hardware better than silver hardware or black hardware, but now trying to decide between the black leather and black patent. Please let me know which one you like better in terms of looks (if only to think about the looks, but not the practical side)? Which of the two looks dressier, fancier, more expensive, and nicer, overall (looks-wise)? Please help me make the decision. Thank you!. :smile:

I think it's a question of your own style and wardrobe.

If you are neat and streamlined, don't pile on many accessories, I think the patent will work, otherwise go for the non-patent leather

Tough call bc I have a few YSL bags in black leather that I love and don't have any in patent (though I do have sandals in patent). But in this case, I do think the patent bag looks really sharp. Can't really go wrong with either but I would factor in what shoes you are likely to wear with it, etc.

Reactions: FashionFan0324