Which one should I pick for Valentine’s Day?

Which one should I choose?

• Elsa Peretti open heart pendant

Votes: 4 14.8%
  • Elsa Peretti bean bracelet

Votes: 1 3.7%
  • Sabel diamonds open heart

Votes: 3 11.1%
  • Alhambra butterfly bracelet

Votes: 19 70.4%
  • Chopard happy heart

Votes: 3 11.1%

• Total voters

Ash2019

Nov 9, 2023
It’s a gift for a special friend. Trying to keep it under $1500.

IMG_1516.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_1517.jpeg
    IMG_1517.jpeg
    57 KB · Views: 19
  • IMG_1520.jpeg
    IMG_1520.jpeg
    57.7 KB · Views: 27
  • IMG_1518.jpeg
    IMG_1518.jpeg
    64.6 KB · Views: 32
  • IMG_1519.png
    IMG_1519.png
    316.7 KB · Views: 31
Lots of good options here, actually! Do you think your friend would wear a bracelet or necklace more often? Any sense of if they prefer white-colored metals or YG?
Necklace for sure. She doesn't wear bracelets to work, she's a physician. I didn't include the Alhambra necklaces, the ones in my price range were too dainty.
She has more YG pieces than white gold but she wears both.

Not a crazy fn of Yurman's but these could be an option too for the price point.

Last edited:
What’s this person like? Is this person cutesy? Or more grown up classic? What kind of bags or jewelry have you noticed on this person? Butterflies and hearts are super cute.

VCA would be my top pick followed by the David yurman pieces.

The butterfly I expect would actually be similar in size to the sweet alhambras so if that’s too small for you then the butterfly might seem small too?

Reactions: Ash2019
Necklace for sure. She doesn't wear bracelets to work, she's a physician. I didn't include the Alhambra necklaces, the ones in my price range were too dainty.
I voted for the Tiffany's open heart since you said she doesn't wear bracelets as often. Have you considered one of the ones that are in full gold/rose gold? Though I realize it may be pushing your budget a bit.

Otherwise I would also vote for the VCA bracelet, butterfly or any of the sweet sizes are super cute and easy to wear (mother of pearl clover would be more classic though, and I would opt for that over the butterfly unless you know she likes butterflies).

Also, unless you know she specifically doesn't like dainty pieces, don't cast aside the sweet Alhambra necklaces from VCA. I have a sweet Alhambra mother of pearl one and it's very easy to wear casually and to stack with other necklaces. The full size Alhambra one I feel it's too eye catching sometimes.

What’s this person like? Is this person cutesy? Or more grown up classic? What kind of bags or jewelry have you noticed on this person? Butterflies and hearts are super cute.

VCA would be my top pick followed by the David yurman pieces.

The butterfly I expect would actually be similar in size to the sweet alhambras so if that’s too small for you then the butterfly might seem small

I’d say she dresses minimalist but classy. I haven’t seen her wearing designer jewelry except the Tiffany Picasso olive pendant and an infinity pendant which I guess is Tiffany too. Same with her purses Loewe, bottega veneta nothing flashy.
For a bracelet I think sweet Alhambra is fine but it’s too small for a necklace at least for her style I think. i haven’t seen her wearing dainty necklaces.

I voted for the Tiffany's open heart since you said she doesn't wear bracelets as often. Have you considered one of the ones that are in full gold/rose gold? Though I realize it may be pushing your budget a bit.

Otherwise I would also vote for the VCA bracelet, butterfly or any of the sweet sizes are super cute and easy to wear (mother of pearl clover would be more classic though, and I would opt for that over the butterfly unless you know she likes butterflies).

Also, unless you know she specifically doesn't like dainty pieces, don't cast aside the sweet Alhambra necklaces from VCA. I have a sweet Alhambra mother of pearl one and it's very easy to wear casually and to stack with other necklaces. The full size Alhambra one I feel it's too eye catching sometimes.
The 11mm open heart may be too small but the 16mm one should work and it is close to my budget. I missed that. I think the one I was looking at had diamonds and it was over $2k.
Do you prefer the open heart to yurman piece?

The 11mm open heart may be too small but the 16mm one should work and it is close to my budget. I missed that. I think the one I was looking at had diamonds and it was over $2k.
Do you prefer the open heart to yurman piece?
Personally the yurman pieces are not really my style based on the photos so I'd still prefer the open heart. The cable style makes it a little "busy" for my tastes as I'd prefer something more simplistic. Though my mind might change if I were to see them in person. If I were to pick between the yurman pieces, I'd go for the pave heart one though.

Personally, I’m not a fan of any bracelets with just one station. They tend to rotate and just stay at the bottom of the wrist. Very boring in my experience.

That being said, I like the chopard heart, since it’s quite cute and thematic. Not everyone loves hearts, though, I’m aware. I also voted for the sweet butterfly bracelet, though I think that could also be reserved for a different holiday. And not everyone loves butterflies, either.

If the bean pendant were an option, I think I’d choose that one though. As a bracelet, not a fan. But as a pendant, I think the 3D curves are very interesting visually. And solid gold, with a distinct silhouette. And I like its symbolism as cultivating something together. The bean also comes across as a bit more mature or elegant, I would say.