Which looks better on me: Carnelian, blue agate, or onyx?

Onyx.
The Onyx & the BA looks great.
I just think the Onxy is more versatile (day or evening) for a 20 motif and adds a wow factor like no other.
Get BA in 10 motif for daytime casual wear. (crisp white shirt w/denim) :biggrin:

Last edited:
Reactions: DS2006 and hhw
Hi, I don’t know if you made up your mind and what did you get?
I also hesitate between onyx and blue agate but in 5 motif bracelet as my first VCA piece and would like to know if BA is suitable for everyday wear?

I also hesitate between onyx and blue agate but in 5 motif bracelet as my first VCA piece and would like to know if BA is suitable for everyday wear?

Onyx, agate, carnelian, and chalcedony are all similar and have approximately the same hardness of 7 or 6.5-7. They are fine for daily wear but with care. They shouldn't be exposed to things like cleaning substances, and they can possibly scratch or crack, so take off before doing things that could cause damage just like you would any fine jewelry.

• Love
Reactions: 880 and fdc

Hi! In the end I chose the carnelian 10 motifs. The blue agate is a nice contrast and pop of color against clothing but when worn close to my face, it just didn't work with my skin tone; I needed something warmer. I wanted to exchange for the bracelet because I still loved that pop of color but the boutique didn't have it in the darker, translucent stones at the time.

Since you are deciding on a bracelet:
- color: i think both will match with most wardrobe palettes. Will you have a chance to go try on the blue agate? The stones can vary a lot in terms of translucency, darkness, and undertones. Also, sometimes the stones within a piece may not match perfectly. Don't know if this will bother you. This wasn't a huge deal breaker for me unless it was very obvious. Best way to check is to bunch all the motifs together in a little cluster and compare them side by side.
- durability: as stated above, both are equally durable
- will you be using the bracelet as an extender to a future 10 motif? This might impact the color you choose?

• Love
Reactions: DS2006, 880 and fdc
Onyx, agate, carnelian, and chalcedony are all similar and have approximately the same hardness of 7 or 6.5-7. They are fine for daily wear but with care. They shouldn't be exposed to things like cleaning substances, and they can possibly scratch or crack, so take off before doing things that could cause damage just like you would any fine jewelry.
Hi! In the end I chose the carnelian 10 motifs. The blue agate is a nice contrast and pop of color against clothing but when worn close to my face, it just didn't work with my skin tone; I needed something warmer. I wanted to exchange for the bracelet because I still loved that pop of color but the boutique didn't have it in the darker, translucent stones at the time.

Since you are deciding on a bracelet:
- color: i think both will match with most wardrobe palettes. Will you have a chance to go try on the blue agate? The stones can vary a lot in terms of translucency, darkness, and undertones. Also, sometimes the stones within a piece may not match perfectly. Don't know if this will bother you. This wasn't a huge deal breaker for me unless it was very obvious. Best way to check is to bunch all the motifs together in a little cluster and compare them side by side.
- durability: as stated above, both are equally durable
- will you be using the bracelet as an extender to a future 10 motif? This might impact the color you choose?
Thanks for the info.
I wear mostly neutral colours in cool tones (black, grey and navy) and mostly black so at first I wanted Onyx but then am afraid that it will not pop on my black clothes. I don’t think I’ll get a 10 motif necklace, I prefer the 1 motif and maybe later the 6 motif necklace.