Which leather texture will you pick? Sugar leather OR Croc embossed? Please help!

HappyAngel

O.G.
Apr 23, 2006
Ok, always like a baby pink bag and Givenchy comes out with one this spring. I am debating between the croc leather OR the sugar leather. The croc leather is shinier and it looks like it has a layer of coating on it. (similar to the shiny black antigona) Does this coating make the leather more durable just like the shiny black leather in the antigona? So do I still need to worry about color transfer with this coating?

The sugar leather leather on this other hand seems to be more fragile. But in that bag, which leather will you pick? I just can't decide. I am more causal when it comes to my wardrobes so I am worry about buying the croc.

The baby pink croc has shiny gold hardware while the sugar leather has shiny silver hardware. Does the croc leather looks more mature? Will Croc leather going out of style soon? Thanks for your help!

P00447207.jpg
P00447207_d1.jpg
m_4310556164_01
m_4310556164_02
P00447207_d4.jpg
BB500JB0LK650-02-02.jpg

• Love
Reactions: A bottle of Red
I am the first to say I love me a Givenchy croc. Its elegant and done so well, and gives the structured design a nice organic dimension to it.

However, in the pink, I prefer the sugar leather. I dont know what it is, but looking at the pics, I feel the beauty of an innocent color like pale pink is better suited to a simpler leather. If your personality is more "statement", then the croc is definitely "more". If you like are more "minimalist", I'd say stick with sugar.

I've never tried, but I think you can scotch guard light colored leathers against denim transfers or water stains. Also wrapping silk ties around handles help keep it pristine.

Cant wait to see what you end up with.

Omg I'm also thinking of getting the Givenchy Antigona Mini Mock Croc in Black. Was almost going to post a thread to ask people's opinions. But I think I'm going with the that. Just such a low-key beautiful bag. I hope it works for me!

Ok, always like a baby pink bag and Givenchy comes out with one this spring. I am debating between the croc leather OR the sugar leather. The croc leather is shinier and it looks like it has a layer of coating on it. (similar to the shiny black antigona) Does this coating make the leather more durable just like the shiny black leather in the antigona? So do I still need to worry about color transfer with this coating?

The sugar leather leather on this other hand seems to be more fragile. But in that bag, which leather will you pick? I just can't decide. I am more causal when it comes to my wardrobes so I am worry about buying the croc.

The baby pink croc has shiny gold hardware while the sugar leather has shiny silver hardware. Does the croc leather looks more mature? Will Croc leather going out of style soon? Thanks for your help!

P00447207.jpg
P00447207_d1.jpg
m_4310556164_01
m_4310556164_02
P00447207_d4.jpg
BB500JB0LK650-02-02.jpg

MOST DEFINATELY THE PINK MOCK CROC. The look is just devine .

I was going to post and ask the same question. But in Black. But I guess I know how I feel for the mock croc now. Let us know if you got it. It's so pretty in pink! Just lovely! I recently just saw it in red I believe. ✨

P00441614_b1.jpg

Thanks everyone for your help. I did not end up getting the pink croc or the pink sugar leather. I picked the storm grey mock croc in the mini instead. I find that the grey color works better with my wardrobe compare to the pink color. The hardware for the grey croc is more like a champagne gold....very pretty. I think the grey color looks less tacky than the pink croc, don't you think? :biggrin:
1280773_3_large.jpg

Last edited:
Omg I'm also thinking of getting the Givenchy Antigona Mini Mock Croc in Black. Was almost going to post a thread to ask people's opinions. But I think I'm going with the that. Just such a low-key beautiful bag. I hope it works for me!

MOST DEFINATELY THE PINK MOCK CROC. The look is just devine .

I was going to post and ask the same question. But in Black. But I guess I know how I feel for the mock croc now. Let us know if you got it. It's so pretty in pink! Just lovely! I recently just saw it in red I believe. ✨

View attachment 4777931

You should definitely get it in the black croc. The black with the gold hardware is stunning!! It's a classic piece and it will last you for a long time.

Reactions: Cbrcm7
You should definitely get it in the black croc. The black with the gold hardware is stunning!! It's a classic piece and it will last you for a long time.

Wow I didn't know they had it in that Grey shade! I have to agree with you now about the pink tho, although it's a pretty shade it's not very pairable if your everyday style doesn't match it. How is the wear and tear, wearability? Do you have pictures? Do share!