Which handbag in your collection brings you the most joy?

I love this thread because I have been asked what my favorite handbag is and it's such a difficult question to answer. I can easily explain why I love just about each and every handbag I own. It could be that the color is just the perfect shade like Givenchy lavender Antigona lock, or bc the bag appears more a beautiful piece of art like Ferragamo year of the tiger Studio bag or Balmain sky print BBuzz, or the hardware is just striking like the blue suede Gucci blondie shoulder bag, or bc to many it's considered an iconic holy grail bag like the Prada fairy, or bc it's simply fun and kitschy like Balmain Barbie bag, or strikes up a memory like my daughter finally "approving" a bag purchase like Dior zodiac butterfly or bc the experience we had together when I purchased my first Bvlgari bag. But I think if I had to pick a top 3 "favorite" bags, it would be:

- Prada Spazzolato bag featured in opening scene of the movie the Devil Wears Prada (I personally consider this the "crown jewel" of my collection)

- My most recent purchase - Dior small Lady Dior in coeurs des papillon print - makes heart sing / feel most joyful

- Older black Prada Bauletto bag with debossed logo bc this was the OG bag that started it all for me. Definitely not one of my most interesting bags but was my favorite for years and is still one of my favorites!
Oh! I love the look of the Spazzolato, it looks so chic. I would love to see some photos of your Lady Dior, it sounds just gorgeous, and I’ve not seen it in that print 😍

Last edited:
Reactions: epistolic
I know, this is not the most popular bag, and absolutely not the handy one, but for me it's my Jypsiere in Malchite.
For whatever reason, I never wanted a B, or K, it was always the Jypsiere. I saw it once and fell in love. I have also one in Etoupe and I really love it, but when I look at my green one, my heart beats. For me, it's such a perfect design :heart:

View attachment 5959404

I have never given Hermes a second thought/look until you posted this. So gorgeous !

my Zadig moonrock
My le pliage energy XS
For special dressier occasions my purificación García homenaje in black. It’s the ideal bag to get classic flap out of your system for a fraction of the price. The leather is gorgeous though quite delicate that’s why I only use it for special events.

For daily use my longchamp and my Zadig moonrock. They are stylish workhorses, love both

Now if anyone is planning to get the Zadig Moonrock have in mind it has the problem as the LV small loop bag. That it looks spacious but at the end not so much all your stuff go to the center of the bag, I’ve seen videos of that LV having that problem, now some more down to earth YouTubers who have the LV say the zipper is a pain while the zadig zipper not but it has exactly the Same space issue of the small loop bag.

You didn't mention yours(?)!!!! :graucho: :biggrin:

Mine: Gucci Bamboo Top Handles delirious level happiness, all of my Guccis make me happy actually, even my weekender. All my Hermes, even my Evie and all my BVs. TBH, I don't buy even a utility bag if it doesn't bring joy.
I love that you only buy bags that bring your joy. I really need to follow you in that and stop but bags because they’re functional / classic / appropriate yet leave me with dead fish eyes. Life is short - love the bags!!!
KG Kensigton XXL in Teal Soft Leather.
It sits on top of my bag shelf out of its dust bag together with her sibling in black&white tweed. I love the shape, size, quilted leather and especially the color. I have it out on display because it's so beautiful and I don't really have separate decorative items. My bags work well for decorative purposes.
I don't use the bag very often as I walk to work and for that I prefer a hand carry, crossbody or a backpack. Also it's not my first choice for running errands, for evening or nights out - I use it for the occasional outing but it's still one of my favorite bag purchases ever.
View attachment 5959634
Is this Bvlgari? I’m not sure what KG is.
I love my Gucci bags too! I don’t have many of them, but the ones I have I adore.

The bag that brings me the most joy is my Tom Ford-era Gucci Horsebit with purple racing stripes. I have a decent bag collection and this is by no means my most expensive or most frequently worn bag, but I think I love it the most because I’m a minimalist most of the time - I love sleek, elegant, under-the-radar bags and I dress in a similar way - but this little Horsebit? Is so different. It’s my only “maximalist” style handbag. I sought this one out on the preloved market and it’s still in fabulous condition. It’s a bag that has so much character to me, plus the Tom Ford history, and I just adore it. Every time I see it my chest squeezes a little in happiness!

View attachment 5959836
I love this bag!! Did it come with stripes of differing colors?

Like you, I wouldn’t think it my style but would probably wear it to death. I’m so over “quiet” bags. Quiet=boring and lacking creativity to me now.
For some reason that I cannot even explain, it is always going to be my Prada nappa gaufre crossbody. It must be that buttery soft black leather and gold hardware combo.
This bag screams scrumptious scrunchy but stylish. For similar reasons, I’m drawn to Miu Miu Matelasse bags. I actually have a big in on a vintage Miu Miu that looks super cuddly yet chic right now.

I spent too long boxing myself into buying bags that weren't "too loud". So now the pendulum has swung fully in the opposite direction, and joy is in all the tooled leather, interesting textiles, fringe, etc I can find 😆

Reactions: sjunky13
I love that you only buy bags that bring your joy. I really need to follow you in that and stop but bags because they’re functional / classic / appropriate yet leave me with dead fish eyes. Life is short - love the bags!!!

Is this Bvlgari? I’m not sure what KG is.

I love this bag!! Did it come with stripes of differing colors?

Like you, I wouldn’t think it my style but would probably wear it to death. I’m so over “quiet” bags. Quiet=boring and lacking creativity to me now.

This bag screams scrumptious scrunchy but stylish. For similar reasons, I’m drawn to Miu Miu Matelasse bags. I actually have a big in on a vintage Miu Miu that looks super cuddly yet chic right now.
Thank you!! And, oh well, Miu Miu is my real weakness!