Which Graff piece should I choose?

PRT0607

Dec 9, 2020
Hi Graff lovers,

I’m making a shopping list for the next year, and I would like to get your opinions on the rings.

I love these rings but can get only one. Which one would you choose?

IMG_0250.jpeg
IMG_0251.jpeg
IMG_0248.jpeg
I have Threads necklace, so it may be nice to get a matching ring. But I saw @A bottle of Red ’s Twombly ring and it is so pretty and made me want it. Then, Peony ring looks beautiful, too. Price wise, Peony and Twombly are similar; Threads price depends on the size and quality of the center stone.

Another one I am interested in is by Chaumet.

IMG_0255.jpeg
I know it’s a personal preference, but I love them all and can’t make up my mind… And no Graff store in my state and can’t try them at this time (I have to go to NYC to try). Any thoughts/suggestions are appreciated!

Attachments

• IMG_0248.jpeg
    IMG_0248.jpeg
    69.5 KB · Views: 20
Hi Graff lovers,

I’m making a shopping list for the next year, and I would like to get your opinions on the rings.

View attachment 5908851
View attachment 5908852
View attachment 5908860
I have Threads necklace, so it may be nice to get a matching ring. But I saw @A bottle of Red ’s Twombly ring and it is so pretty and made me want it. Then, Peony ring looks beautiful, too. Price wise, Peony and Twombly are similar; Threads price depends on the size and quality of the center stone.

View attachment 5908856
I know it’s a personal preference, but I love them all and can’t make up my mind… And no Graff store in my state and can’t try them at this time (I have to go to NYC to try). Any thoughts/suggestions are appreciated!
Without question, my favorite of these is the first one, the Threads Diamond Ring.

Reactions: PRT0607
Hi Graff lovers,

View attachment 5908851
View attachment 5908852
View attachment 5908860

View attachment 5908856
I love the ring selected by @ A bottle of Red, it’s gorgeous, but the Threads ring is very cool and would go with your necklace. Fun decision to make, good luck.

Reactions: PRT0607
Hi Graff lovers,

View attachment 5908851
View attachment 5908852
View attachment 5908860

View attachment 5908856

Out of all these, I would not get the Chaumet ring. It’s an illusion setting, so the stones are just round pave diamonds crammed into the semblance of a pear. If I wanted that design, I would go with the peony ring over the Josephine, because the shapes are true.

I think I prefer the twombly the most though. The dangling drop and the 3D curved ribbon setting make the design stand out from a distance. I also like the use of negative space.

My second pick would be the threads ring. I love step cuts. The only thing I’m eh about is that I think it looks a bit like a “blob” from a distance. Maybe if the center stone were a yellow diamond, or something with a bit more contrast. Also, for me, if I already had a piece from the threads collection, I would prefer to branch out to a more different design — but that’s just me.

Without question, my favorite of these is the first one, the Threads Diamond Ring.

I love the ring selected by @ A bottle of Red, it’s gorgeous, but the Threads ring is very cool and would go with your necklace. Fun decision to make, good luck.

Josephine Duo - timeless design

I do love my ring and matching bracelet, but since you have a threads piece the ring will make a nice set.

Out of all these, I would not get the Chaumet ring. It’s an illusion setting, so the stones are just round pave diamonds crammed into the semblance of a pear. If I wanted that design, I would go with the peony ring over the Josephine, because the shapes are true.

I think I prefer the twombly the most though. The dangling drop and the 3D curved ribbon setting make the design stand out from a distance. I also like the use of negative space.

My second pick would be the threads ring. I love step cuts. The only thing I’m eh about is that I think it looks a bit like a “blob” from a distance. Maybe if the center stone were a yellow diamond, or something with a bit more contrast. Also, for me, if I already had a piece from the threads collection, I would prefer to branch out to a more different design — but that’s just me.

I love the peony best. So beautiful.

Thank you, everyone, for your opinions! I was leaning towards Threads, but as @sosauce said, it may look like a "blob" (I have a same feeling for the necklace I have). This is a difficult decision for me - I was thinking to do a remote purchase as I know my size, but now decide to visit the store and try them all. I'll repot back when I get one of them (or could be a totally different one??) next year! Thank you again.

Thank you, everyone, for your opinions! I was leaning towards Threads, but as @sosauce said, it may look like a "blob" (I have a same feeling for the necklace I have). This is a difficult decision for me - I was thinking to do a remote purchase as I know my size, but now decide to visit the store and try them all. I'll repot back when I get one of them (or could be a totally different one??) next year! Thank you again.
If you can try them on that's definitely the best , you might be surprised by what you love! Let us know how it goes and what you choose

I like the Twombly. It's looks comfortable and is unique.

Tbh, the Threads fits more with my aesthetic but knowing myself, I'd be terrible at cleaning and maintenance and it would get very dirty with all those gaps.

Peony and Josephine are a bit...not necessarily generic, but I guess, not unique enough for me to buy from a luxury jewelry house.

Have you gone in to try them on? Any photos for comparison? They usually help a lot!
The shape/design and size of a ring relative to the finger of your choice can help make a decision. :tup:

I like the Twombly. It's looks comfortable and is unique.

Tbh, the Threads fits more with my aesthetic but knowing myself, I'd be terrible at cleaning and maintenance and it would get very dirty with all those gaps.

Peony and Josephine are a bit...not necessarily generic, but I guess, not unique enough for me to buy from a luxury jewelry house.

Have you gone in to try them on? Any photos for comparison? They usually help a lot!
The shape/design and size of a ring relative to the finger of your choice can help make a decision. :tup:
Twombly is very comfortable