Which gold bag do you like best?

With the dress and shoes, I think the structured fan bag goes best.
(But is the least versatile)

I love the Loewe for its ease and practicality

i love the BV sardine as the most versatile bc it’s not all gold
(and I don’t think I would wear it with this outfit; I think of it as sporty)

PS I love how you did a photo collage in this thread!

I like 4, 7, 9.

4 because of the textural elements that you've also got with your jewelry and shoes

7 because it has movement to it and your dress also has a nice fluid quality

9 because it adds some additional "color" to the look while maintaining the textural interest of your other accessories.

Good choices!

Wow, thank you all so much for sharing your opinions..... such great feedback!!! I have not made a decision yet, but since some of you have referenced the shoes being a "light" gold, I wanted to share a photo of the actual shoe (sometimes, I find it hard to determine the accuracy of color from stock photos). Here it is next to another gold shoe I have that is much lighter and more of a silvery or champagne gold. By comparison the D&G sandal is a more yellow gold.

20230712_163725.jpg

Last edited:
I was in the Jimmy Choo store today and they happened to have the Callie bag in the gold on display. It appeared the color would be a good match for the D&G shoes (will have to go back with shoe to be sure). They had the Bonny mini in other colors but not gold, although SA said it would be the same gold. I really did not want another Jimmy Choo bag bc I have several and wanted something different but now I am tempted. The Callie is cute and versatile in how it can be carried and while I wouldn't use it often, I also won't wear these shoes often and woud really only need it to match them. I absolutely LOVE the look of the Loewe bag and know it's high quality but not sure I can justify spending more than double on it, especially for as infrequently as I will probably use this color.

ETA: Ugh obsessing over the Loewe but when i went to Google photo of the Callie to compare, I couldn't help but notice that ******* has both the Callie and Bonny mini in the gold for a really good price, which would make the Flamenco literally 3.5 times the cost. Really hard to justify that now. Would love the flamenco in another color but while they're all pretty none seem as cool as the gold since that's what I've been eyeing.

Last edited:
I'm a fan of 1, 3, and 7 for this outfit although scale is another consideration. The Loewe is probably my favorite, because I like their quality and I think it can be worn in daytime.
Love the Sardine and it's certainly more versatile but of course not quite so perfectly coordinated.

I would consider which bag you would be likely to carry outside of this one outfit. With metallic bags it's usually a choice between an inexpensive one-off to match an outfit, or something more expensive which you might have to work into your wardrobe.

Which bag could you see yourself taking to a glamorous lunch in summer whites? Or maybe winter whites? Or tucking into a work bag for after-work drinks? Metallics can work for all sorts of daytime things if you don't have much other shine or "hard" textures in your outfit (this is why metallics work with white linen or anything floaty).

Reactions: A bottle of Red
So I went back to Jimmy Choo store with one of the D&G sandals and the color was literally a perfect match. In fact both SA commented my shoe actually matched the bag better than their owns shoes that had on display with it LOL. I realize this bag didn't receive many votes but it's cute, can be worn 3 different ways (more versatile than a traditional clutch), and is small but fits a phone. Since I know the color is a perfect match and I can get it for $700 despite it being new season and $1000 in store, I'm just going to make my life easy and go with the Callie. I know I won't use it much but paired with these shoes could also look nice with black, white/cream or teal (I love teal with gold) plus a few other wardrobe items it will look good with. I realized I could have just used this colorful Gucci WOC which matches the blue for a different look as well but now I'm excited to receive the Choo bag as it's different from anything else I own. Thanks again to all who played along! For the record, you ladies have impeccable taste.... the clear "winners" were the 2 most luxurious/expensive bags: tie between the Loewes flamenco and the BV mini sardine. I love both and will keep them on my wish list.

20230714_185443.jpg

20230714_090952.jpg

Last edited:
What brand is bag #6? I vote for it, with the Mansur Gavriel (1) bag as second choice.
That is the Jimmy Choo Bonny. I ended up getting the other Jimmy Choo bag in the same color (#7) since I was able to see it in my local shop compared to the shoe. I will share photo when I wear but I have nowhere dressy to go.

Looks like a great pairing and I would love to see your teal outfit with the gold ( I love teal and turquoise)
I love teal too! I will post photo with the teal dress I was thinking of soon. I ordered online and think bag is due to arrive on Monday.

That is the Jimmy Choo Bonny. I ended up getting the other Jimmy Choo bag in the same color (#7) since I was able to see it in my local shop compared to the shoe. I will share photo when I wear but I have nowhere dressy to go.

I love teal too! I will post photo with the teal dress I was thinking of soon. I ordered online and think bag is due to arrive on Monday.
Thanks! Now I'm wanting it in that pretty purple color! :facepalm:

Thanks! Now I'm wanting it in that pretty purple color! :facepalm:
I think you are referring to the Wisteria color in satin? Don't see that color on the Jimmy Choo website but I do see it 50% off online! For what it's worth, I saw in person at my local store and it's a mini but does fit a phone (I have a Samsung S22). It's a cute bag and that color is beautiful!

ETA: I found 2 other purples online too. One just referred to as Purple and one called Cassis which is darker than the Wisteria and might be even prettier!

Last edited:
Reactions: JenJBS