What's Your Very First RM Bag??

My first RM- The Mini Luscious Hobo
aeecf6e297778315f1a9f6e8635b4054.jpg

My mom got it for me for Christmas from Nordstrom. It's been true love since then!
I was debating selling it but I don't think I can bring myself to do it.

My first RM bag was an eggplant matinee I found in Nordstrom when they first started carrying RM. I could not find them anywhere. I love that bag. I have over 20 old school RM's.
In fact, I think I need to break out my Matinee collection and start wearing them!
Oh I used to love this forum back in the day when everything was being made in that warehouse in nyc. And when we could do special orders! I still want a Michael Jackson basketweave MAB. : ) Anyone still around from then?

MAM black with blue zipper track.....dont have pics. I sold her to a lovely PF member and she loved it so much I thought maybe I'd made a mistake selling it.

My first RM bag was an eggplant matinee I found in Nordstrom when they first started carrying RM. I could not find them anywhere. I love that bag. I have over 20 old school RM's.
In fact, I think I need to break out my Matinee collection and start wearing them!
Oh I used to love this forum back in the day when everything was being made in that warehouse in nyc. And when we could do special orders! I still want a Michael Jackson basketweave MAB. : ) Anyone still around from then?

I'm around here and there. :smile: My first RM was a Night Blue Nikki WITHOUT resort hardware.

Today I'm wearing my dark gray wonderfully smooshy matinee from the NYC warehouse time. I participated in the black w/silver MAC SO and sold it, and cannot find it again! It was perfect -- what was I thinking? For years I've been trying to find the original sea green MAC with sig hw that I sold. Rebecca Minkoff herself responded to an email from me helping me find it :smile: That was a LONG time ago.

Mine was a 5 Zip Mini in black with gold hardware, purchased in 2014, I think? I bought it because I had a friend who was lusting after the mini mac and she dragged me into the store with her, where i promptly fell in love with how edgy the 5 Zip Mini looked.

I've since sold it because i realised the weight of the hardware, coupled with the little studs on the shoulder strap made it rather uncomfortable to carry.

I have, however, JUST ordered the Isobel Hobo on sale from Shopbop and am eagerly awaiting its arrival!

My first RM bag was this Mac Daddy I purchased through poshmark. I first fell for the brand in 2011 when I saw a Cupid on display. I researched the other bags she had to offer and was in the market for a crossbody bag. I was nervous that the normal sized mac wouldn't allow my to carry all of my things (later on purchased a regalur mac when I saw how large the mac daddy was [emoji4] ). I still have this bag in my collection but rarely wear it anymore. I never want to sell it though becausw it is so large. I will say the only down side to the mac daddy is that there is a tablet pocket which ends up taking a lot of space and no zipper pocket to store misc. Smaller objects. Other than that pocket I love it!!!

Since then I've continued on to purchase a few more bags from her and I still love the brand to this day.

Attachments

• 2014-01-06+21.09.png
    2014-01-06+21.09.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 130
Mine was a Morning After Luxe in Fawn, circa 2009, and it's still probably the hardest-working bag in my closet:

MAB luxe fawn.jpg

I loved the sleek front and the long, skinny handles. The gigantic signature hardware took some getting used to, but I managed. I can't remember if it was from Luna Boston or somewhere else - I also bought a Devote in Pepper within the next six months and have no idea which came from where - but I do remember that I had it shipped to me in Australia. I was studying abroad and didn't think the shipping through but holy waffles I'm glad I've blocked that credit card bill from memory!

This was definitely not a starter bag. I don't know what I was thinking. I'm so glad I got it.

Just for fun, here's the Devote (that I did NOT ship to Australia):

Devote pepper.jpg

Bonus: there's a Kate Spade bag hidden in there for structure.

• Love
Reactions: Antonia and sdkitty