Whats the reacton like when you guys show and tell your bags

Everyone's reaction is pretty much the same: They stare at the bag and say, "Cassie, you don't need any more purses." My response is always the same, "What's need got to do with it?"

A few of my friends always love to see my newest purchase and one of my friends likes to "kidnap" my newest purse when we hang out. She carries is around for me, even when we're at someone's house watching a movie. :smile:

Boyfriend: Wow, that's nice (he really means it too). How much was it (in the really innocent, I-know-it-must-have-cost-a-fortune voice :angel:)?

Mom: That's nice. How much was it (in the tell-me-so-I-can-compare-the-price-with-the-price-in-Malaysia voice)?

Dad: (it's pointless telling him because he can't be bothered)

Friend(s): Holy :censor:! How much did that set you back?! :wtf:

Its funny to see the priority for different people… but I’m glad to see that everyone here at the PF got their priority dam straight! GO the BAG ladies! !!!:rochard:

None of my friends are into designer bags so the reaction from them is usually "And how much did THAT one cost?" The funny thing is that since they're not really into designer bags or even bags in general, they can't tell the difference between my H&M bag or my Chloe bag...they know the LV because I only have the monogram stuff.

My parents could care less, I'm 34 years old, married with a family. They're done worrying about my finances :yes:

DH
I'll say "Isn't it NICE????!" and he'll say "It's A BAG."
I'll give a look :angel:
And he'll shake his head and say "I don't want to know"
;)

SO: I don't tell him, when he sees something that's even remotely designer (i.e. Dooney & Bourke), he starts going into a rant about how it's so superficial and materialistically L.A.

Mom: She'll go ballistic, disown me, and abuse my dog, so I don't tell her

Dad: He'll go ballistic and disown but will leave my dog alone, I don't tell him either

Sister: She'll get really annoyed at me and call me wasteful, saying that I should not try to get myself into debts

Co-Worker: They have no clue what it is

SVP: The one time I brought my Kelly to work, he recognized it and gave me a disapproving look; I did NOT get a raise that year

Friends: They have no comments, they feel that it's none of their business

Thanks for sharing, the reactions are soo funny....and familar!:roflmfao: Your lucky you have some positive reactions, I get this reaction from everyone in my life! :wtf: then this, :lecture:then this, :sos: PSYCHIATRIST NEEDED FOR A FEMALE ADDICTED TO HANDBAGS!!

Fiancé –
‘Classic’ stuff (Bottega Veneta, Hermès): that’s nice. IS THAT IT!?!?
‘Fashion’ stuff (including any LV except Epi and Nomade, B-Bag): that’s such a waste of money.

Mum and Dad –
Nothing because they think it’s OK but they insist I save 30% a month.

Work colleagues –
Can I see? But if Hermès; … (no reaction) unless you come up with a never-seen-in-this-colour-before croc, there’s just too many around each day (actually why do we say LV Monogram is common when a Birkin is just as common?) and everyone has one. Actually my croc Kelly-carrying director on my colleague’s new BJ JPG: can we be more inventive? LOL! No need to ask price if one wants to know there are other ways to find out.

Friends –
Either: that’s so chic or it’s diabolical [we agreed to give honest opinions] and only if they like it, how much was it?

Hilarious, and yet so disappointingly familiar. Luckily my BF seems to think it is atleast ok to spend $500 on a bag. That's a start anyway.

I am so lucky to have you ladies!! You understand!

my bf: okay, now i also need to get me an expensive item... you look too happy so ima go shopping for a new celphone... i swear, i have to hide my shopping sprees so that he doesn'[t copy!!!! hahahaha

My husband either looks like this: :Push: or, if he manages to surprise me with one, like this: :greengrin:

The rest of my family and friends don't care about bags at all.

Bee...Bee said:
Work colleagues –
Can I see? But if Hermès; … (no reaction) unless you come up with a never-seen-in-this-colour-before croc, there’s just too many around each day (actually why do we say LV Monogram is common when a Birkin is just as common?) and everyone has one. Actually my croc Kelly-carrying director on my colleague’s new BJ JPG: can we be more inventive? LOL! No need to ask price if one wants to know there are other ways to find out.

I need to work where you work then. Over here at my work place Hermes is unheard of. Most people don't even know what it is (except for my SVP who decided not to give me a raise after seeing me carry the ostrich Kelly) and carrying an LV is typically done by ladies of the VP level. I wish I can carry my Hermes without reservations.

Sister: Did you really need another bag, geez :huh: (this is from the same person who buys 2 chanel bags after I got mine):shrugs:
Niece: Lucky, I'm so jealous:sad:
Sister-in-law: What color did you get? That's nice:yes:
Ex sister-in-law: I don't get it. Why would you spend that much on a bag
Daughter: Mom, that's hot :party: Where's mine?
Mom: Why do buy so many purses? You should be saving your money:lecture:
DH: That's nice sweetheart:love: Did you show it to your sister, mom, and sister-in-law yet? He typically gets more excited about my bag purchases. He's such a sweetheart:heart:

Boyfriend : Another one? Well ok, I guess it's nice. Then he'll usually just support on it anyway.

Mom : HOW MUCH??? Oh that's nice though, I want one too!

Dad: Don't tell him, he'd probably pop a vein at the prices.

Friends: I don't spend that much on bags yack yack yack that's such a waste of money. You know, it's the people you usually lie about the price and lower it a little when they hound you with "How much?!"

bf calls all my bags "K-mart bags" I swear it is his way of downplaying the true costs of the bags.. lol lol lol i think to keep him sane.. hahah