What's in your perfume collection?

I wear my Chanel Chance almost every day. I also have Ralph by Ralph Lauren, all of the Celine Dion fragrances ( :shame: one broke in the bathroom today ... of course the most expensive one!), Chanel Gardenia and So In Love from VS.

I better use mine or esle they will all go off. I haven't used any of them!

Perry Ellis 360
Elizabeth Arden Red Door
Elizabeth Arden Green Tea
Elizabeth Arden Sunflowers
Clinique Happy
VS Pink
VS Halo
VS Divine
VS Breathless
Revlon White Charlie
Gap Heaven
Gap Dreams
B&BW Country Apple
B&BW Lavender Flowers

There's more but I can't remember. I stash them in BF's closet at his home in MD.

CK One
Ralph by Ralph Lauren
Curious by Brittany Spears (as much as I dislike her, I love the smell of this perfume)
Clinque's Happy Heart
Lucky You by Lucky
and various body sprays from Victoria's Secret and Bath & Body Works

Intelligent Nutrients: Oneness (a fabulous essential oil blend)
Intelligent Nutrients: Aphrodite (another fabulous essential oil blend)
Creed: Spring Flowers
Stella
Stella Sheer
SJP Lovely (totally different- unlike anything else I've ever smelled. took a few tries before I was sold on it...)
Estee Lauder: Pleasures Exotic
Estee Lauder: Youth Dew Amber Nude (an incredible update of an old classic)

My absolute favorite: Estee Lauder's Beautiful Sheer-- It's very light and soft. I wear it almost every day and always get compliments.

I only have:
Oscar by Oscar de la Renta,
Channel Chance,
Lucky Brand.
My mom has like 20 bottles, my dad, like 30, pretty much all the colognesout there, and my bro has started to use cologne, so all them have a lot I only have 3!

I LOVE perfume and wear it every day. I like to change it depending on my mood, so as you can guess I have quite a collection!

Gucci- Envy
Gucci- Envy me
Clinique-Happy
Lacoste-Lacoste
Dior-Dior addict 2
Dior-Pure poison
Dior-J'adore
Versace- Crystal noir
Dolce and Gabanna- Light blue
Philosophy-Pure grace
Philosophy-Amazing grace
Philosophy- Baby grace
Philosophy- Falling in love
Ghost-Summer flirt
Oscar de la renta- So de la renta
Calvin Klein- CK summer
Tommy Hilfiger-
Britney Spears- Fantasy
Chanel- Coco madamseille
Kenzo-Flower
Diptyque-Philosykos
Aqualina-Pink sugar
DKNY-Be delicious

I actually have more but I can't remember them all! I will try and take a photo later to show you all! I keep mine in their boxes and stored away because I dont want them going off.

Just out of curiousity, how does one purchase a new fragrance? Browse fragrance counters, word of mouth, smell it on someone, magazine samples, etc?

I once purchased cologne for my bf from a magazine sample. It was the estee lauder Intuition when it was first introduced. Never did that for myself and I can't browse the mall cause if I start smelling a lot of diff frangraces I get a headache. So usually I'll smell it on a friend and if I like it I'll sample it for myself. That's how I bought my Dolce and Gabbana Light Blue. I'm in love with it =)

My main one:
A divine floral concoction by an old lady in Chateauneuf-Le-Rouge near Aix-en-Provence. I wish the computer have smell 'speakers' so I can share becuase I don't think you can get this in an over-the-counter perfume: if it's cold it smells like lavender but when it's hot it smells Jasmine!

If it runs out:
Eau de Sept Fleurs by L'Occitane en Provence

The lady who originally started the thread says she likes light scent, has she tried Jo Malone? They are colognes so it's light and there are so many smells that you can mix together to make infinite combinations. And if you don't spray it you can use it as a scent on the pillows, sheets or put over a candle as a vapouriser.

My collection is only the 1st two because I'm scared that they may turn bad if I collect too many but really it's 3 years after it's made before it turns bad.

i just purged a BUNCH of perfumes last year...i had 27 at one point! i went a little nuts in the perfume department for a while :shame: now i'm down to the ones i actually wear regularly.

guelerain shalimar (sig scent)
guelerain l'instant (summer scent)
rice flower and shea body spray (for when i don't feel like wearing heavy perfume but still want to smell nice)

i think i'm honestly incapable of leaving the house without fragrance of some kind. :smile:

Just out of curiousity, how does one purchase a new fragrance? Browse fragrance counters, word of mouth, smell it on someone, magazine samples, etc?

i've never bought out of a magazine and i've quit relying on other people's suggestions/personal fragrances because my body chemistry is so wonky (florals get sour/loud, citrus goes sharp, ocean notes get cloying, musk turns my stomach). however, i do know know what notes work well (vanilla, spices) so it's easy for me to start talking to the SA at the fragrance counter and find something i like.

as far as smelling too many and getting a headache...most places offer coffee beans to smell. it "cleanses" your nose and makes trying perfume easier. also, only try on two or three scents in each shopping trip (one on each wrist, and maybe one more in the crook of your arm) and let them settle. i always look at the fragrance counter first, then wear what i try on for the rest of my shopping day (usually about four to six hours) then i go back and get the ones i like. :smile:

Hmm..lemme think:
Burberry Brit
Dior Addict 2
Cynthia Rowley
Nanette Lepore (original scent - not a fan of the newest)
Burberry (the newest one, can't remember the name)
Chopard Casmir

Need to find Dolce Vita by Dior again (love it) and want my Chanel Gardenia back! :sad:

Other loves:
Hanae Mori Butterfly
Britney Spears Fantasy and Curious
Aqualina Pink Sugar
Ralph Lauren Hot

Perfumes can darken, but they can still be last a long time. I keep mine in a dark cabinet where they get no light (and in a box if they had one) and mine haven't turned at all. There are certain scents that will turn earlier but I avoid those. I turned into a bit of a fragrance freak so I have quite a few. I'm only listing full sizes since my samples & decants are endless. I usually try something first since certain scents can give me a headache (if it does, it's usually an EDT) and don't buy it if it does. There are a couple I will tolerate for a few seconds if I love the scent too much to give up. One of the best sweet scents that is light and non offensive is People of the labyrinths. So if you like something like SL Rahat, but more a milky note, it's a great alternative. I **'d my favorites. I have a tendency to go for fragrances with sweeter notes unless it's a very pure floral.

Philosophy Sweet Layer
Luctor Et Emergo People of the Labyrinths **
Loccitane Vanille (old ** and new versions)
Loccitane Fig
Greenladysoap Theia (etailer)
Greenladysoap Vanilla Sugar (etailer)
Bissy's several sweet scents (etailer)
Keiko Mecheri Loukoum
Aquolina Pink Sugar
Serge Lutens Rahat Loukoum
Serge Lutens Un Bois Vanille **
Eadward Chocolat De Blanc
Serendipty Serendipitous
Trish McEvoy Blackberry Vanilla **
Chantecaille Frangipane **
BabyPhat Goddess (Don't recommend..wanted the GWP traincase ;) )
Stila Creme Bouquet
Molinard Vanille Fruitee
Molinard Vanille
Prada Prada
Fragonard Vanille ** (if you like a spicy vanilla)
Fragonard Cologne
Burberry Brit
Dior Hypnotic Poison
Pilar & Lucy Exact Friction of Stars
Kai (perfume oil - gorgeous pure gardenia) **
Victoria Secret Dream Angels Heavenly
Escada Collection
DKNY Be Delicious Red
Lolita Lempicka
Giorgio Armani Sensi
YSL Baby Doll
Comptoir Sud Pacifique Amour De Cacao **
Comptoir Sud Pacifique Vanille Abricot
Agent Provocateur
Coco Mademoiselle ** (can give a slight headache but it's a nice and easy-to-access scent)

I am a perfume whore!

I have so many it's ridiculous!

Angel-Thierry Mugler
Anais Anais
Tresor-Lancome
Sirene-Vicky Tiel
Touch
Adrienne Vittadini
Sung
Fendi
Baby Doll-YSL
Paris-YSL