What perfume are you buying next?

I'm looking for a cruelty free perfume, kind of spicey with lots of ginger notes.
You might want to check out “The 7 Virtues”. They are all cruelty free, hypoallergenic, phthalate free, paraben free, and are really really lovely. I have the one called “Jasmine in India” and it has a gingery spicy note to it. It might fit the bill for you.

Last edited:
Reactions: carolmsbc
I've been on a perfume research binge and my list is getting longer by the minute.

Number 1 is Serge Lutens' Borneo 1834 in the bell jar. This will have to be a blind buy, I'm afraid. Actually, most of the scents on my list will be blind buys as either I can't find samples or decants, or I'm just not fussed to wait and try. Will probably be an expensive lesson, but I'm silly like that. Plus the bell jar is just so pretty.

I'm trying to love the original Shalimar but I just can't seem to get on with it. I like the sound of the flanker notes, so I've got Shalimar Soufflé de Parfum and the new Soufflé de Lumiére on my list, as well as all three of the Les Déserts D'orient line - Rose Nacrée du Désert, Encens Mythique D'orient, and Songe D'un Bois D'été.

I also after Maison Lancome's Jasmins Marzipan and the pre-reformulation Oud Bouquet. I narrowly missed out the Harrod's sale on the Oud Bouquet and now it's gone from the website.

Chanel and Dior's exclusive lines are looking mighty attractive as well and they're far more
accessible for me to try locally so they may very well be the first ones I can knock off my list. I'm loving Chanel's Gardenia and I might also go for Misia (I have yet to try it though). For Dior, Fève Délicieuse sounds really yummy. Also, I adore Diorissimo from their Les Créations des Monsieur Dior line. I can't remember if the scent I sprayed was EDP or EDT but it was amazing. Have to go back and try both.

Lastly, Mugler's Alien Essence Absolue. I need this in my life. It's the right amount of amber that doesn't give me a headache but still envelopes me in a warm and delicious cocoon. I could go the Alien route but the original seems to be very popular and though I like it, something about it puts me off. Bit like the vibe of Chanel's Coco Mademoiselle, where I much prefer the new Intense version. It's a bit more grounded, I feel.

Last edited:
Reactions: jess236
I've been on a perfume research binge and my list is getting longer by the minute.
1204755_none_main.png
Number 1 is Serge Lutens' Borneo 1834 in the bell jar. This will have to be a blind buy, I'm afraid. Actually, most of the scents on my list will be blind buys as either I can't find samples or decants, or I'm just not fussed to wait and try. Will probably be an expensive lesson, but I'm silly like that. Plus the bell jar is just so pretty.
GLD_shal18-950_840x420_Categorie-without-text_1.jpg
guerlaindesertdorientlinepng.png
I'm trying to love the original Shalimar but I just can't seem to get on with it. I like the sound of the flanker notes, so I've got Shalimar Soufflé de Parfum and the new Soufflé de Lumiére on my list, as well as all three of the Les Déserts D'orient line - Rose Nacrée du Désert, Encens Mythique D'orient, and Songe D'un Bois D'été.
375x500.26776.jpg
I'm also after Maison Lancome's Jasmins Marzipan and the pre-reformulation Oud Bouquet. I narrowly missed out the Harrod's sale on the Oud Bouquet and now it's gone from the website.

Chanel and Dior's exclusive lines are looking mighty attractive as well and they're far more
accessible for me to try locally so they may very well be the first ones I can knock off my list.
gardenia_by_chanel_3.jpg
les-exclusifs-de-chanel-packshot-default-122340-8800911622174.jpg
I'm loving Chanel's Gardenia and I might also go for Misia (I have yet to try it though).
MCD_Covers_COV_Y0768550_F076828009.jpg
covers_y0874220_F087422009.jpg
For Dior, Fève Délicieuse sounds really yummy. Also, I adore Diorissimo from their Les Créations des Monsieur Dior line. I can't remember if the scent I sprayed was EDP or EDT but it was amazing. Have to go back and try both.
1282001_original_original_1_V2.png
Lastly, Mugler's Alien Essence Absolue. I need this in my life. It's the right amount of amber that doesn't give me a headache but still envelopes me in a warm and delicious cocoon. I could go the Alien route but the original seems to be very popular and though I like it, something about it puts me off. Bit like the vibe of Chanel's Coco Mademoiselle, where I much prefer the new Intense version. It's a bit more grounded, I feel.
Edited to add some lovely images to accompany the wall of text. :love:

Reactions: jess236