What makes YOUR heart sing more in the long run? Your Classic black or colorful special bags?

What makes YOUR heart sing more in the long run?

• Absolute classic black/navy/beige

Votes: 95 40.3%
  • Unique leathers/colors are the way to go

Votes: 52 22.0%
  • Both are equally beautiful and worth it

Votes: 89 37.7%

• Total voters
I always regret colors unless they are neutral. You're keeping your speedy because it's an LV classic, so pick an item from Chanel that is the same, classic and able to last through the years. Safest choices are their classic colors in their classic models. If you like the brand, then explore colors and seasonal options.

I totally agree, neutrals are everything to me (classic and beige). Red is the only color for me :smile:

Reactions: DamierEbene
I really think you should get something that makes your heart sing. Stop thinking about extreme practicality, it's a luxury bag! You should enjoy it and want to wear it, if you choose something you absolutely love, you will find ways to wear it! I always like my colored classics (classic in shape but fun seasonal colors).
Thank you! I think so, too. I am just afraid I will love a certain color combination only for a limited time :oh:
I am not talking about neon green, but red, blue, pink ....
@Lola24 beautiful bags! :flowers: Thanks for sharing your thoughts
I love colourful flaps! Black and beige are pretty, but I love it when I see seasonal colors. Whenever you're ready to buy, I'd just buy straight from the boutique and see what colors are being offered. Just because you want a seasonal fun color doesn't mean you have to purchase pre loved!!
Oh yes I would love to do that. I think there is a bag that will find me... I am just afraid I will end up with an impulse purchase ! :sad:

@Venessa84
Oooh that Trendy CC :love: how stunning!!!
I think I will have to go and just dive into the experience and see if a bag in store speaks to me... I just don't want to end up with an impulse buy. Thats why I do all this research.
I say go to the boutique and see what you are most drawn to.

I thought I would get a medium classic flap as my first but I didn’t like it when I tried it on. I fell in love with the reissue and it’s still my favorite bag a decade later. I have 8 Chanels now and I still don’t have a medium cc flap!
I love to read this :hbeat: I researched SO MUCH now and I love almost every (somewhat classic) style of bag they make. But I am more drawn to Boys, Gabrielles, Coco Handles etc.... than to the classic flaps (but that may also be because of the price!- I would only go preloved with a classic flap!)
When you get to a store you will know what to do, you will get that feeling...heart beating, gasping, almost a state of dizziness. And whatever has given you that feeling you can decide to wait and look for it pre loved or purchase it right then and there.
I feel like I should do that... a lot of you are recommending this but isn’t that exactly when Impulse purchases happen? When you go to the store, intending to buy a bag (and I live 2 1/2 hours away) and then see what is there? :confused1:

Reactions: Venessa84
I totally agree, neutrals are everything to me (classic and beige). Red is the only color for me :smile:
Actually red and blue and light pink are the colors I am looking at. Deep Red and a
gold hardware makes my heart jump :angel: But Black and gold is just as beautiful.
Gold hardware is set! Aged or shiny but it has to be gold! Every piece of metal on my clothes (zippers and buckles and stuff) and all my jewelry is yellow gold

Reactions: XCCX
I bought my first Chanel bag 6 years ago. I planned to buy a black classic flap medium, but I ended up buying one of their seasonal colors. The moment I saw it in store, I knew I had to have it! Plus the SA said they only got one of them in store -_- It was metallic grey, goatskin. There were times where I regretted purchasing a non-black classic flap, especially since it keeps going up in price, and I always wanted to purchase another classic flap in black caviar that would go with any outfit.
I don’t regret as much anymore, because I feel like the black classic flap is everywhere. It’s nowhere near the levels of LV and speedy/neverfull, but in the Chanel world, that bag is what everyone almost always has, in one size or another, and I feel like it doesn’t have enough characteristics for me. I have never seen anyone else with my grey classic flap, and it looks so pretty during the Fall time.
I think you should purchase a neutral colored bag, (their greys and beige colors were so pretty this season) because neutrals almost always work.

I bought my first Chanel bag 6 years ago. I planned to buy a black classic flap medium, but I ended up buying one of their seasonal colors. The moment I saw it in store, I knew I had to have it! Plus the SA said they only got one of them in store -_- It was metallic grey, goatskin. There were times where I regretted purchasing a non-black classic flap, especially since it keeps going up in price, and I always wanted to purchase another classic flap in black caviar that would go with any outfit.
I don’t regret as much anymore, because I feel like the black classic flap is everywhere. It’s nowhere near the levels of LV and speedy/neverfull, but in the Chanel world, that bag is what everyone almost always has, in one size or another, and I feel like it doesn’t have enough characteristics for me. I have never seen anyone else with my grey classic flap, and it looks so pretty during the Fall time.
I think you should purchase a neutral colored bag, (their greys and beige colors were so pretty this season) because neutrals almost always work.
Thank you! That is really helpful!
I know the CF is „common“ in this parallel-handbag-universe we live in :giggle:
But in the real world and in my area I rarely ever see Chanel bags of any kind. LV on the other hand is something you can sport here and there (real or not ..):amuse:
I like the idea of a neutral color yet a different leather !
If you find the time- could you post a pic of your CF metallic? :flowers:

:smile:Hard question..I have always preferred black..but currently I love this pink.. I even got a cardholder and a clutch with chain in the same colour.
Having said that, I also have other shades of pink and have actually vowed not to buy anymore chanels but ended up still following insta posts of new bags just in case there’s a new pink I like :heart:

View attachment 4742725
View attachment 4742727
View attachment 4742728
I can totally see why you love this!!! :loveeyes:
:girlsigh: Adorable color!!!

My other problem by the way:
Everyone says that colors are more rich and saturated in lambskin and I am looking at a lot of lambskin bags, since especially red comes out so pretty in these ... I just have zero experience except with my 6 months old caviar flap card holder in black.

I wear black almost all the time and therefore only splurge on black bags. I buy colorful bags in a lower price range because they are bags that I play with in the summertime and only reach for perhaps once or twice a year. But that's my preference.

Whenever I look at Chanel bags I get drawn to the colorful ones the most. They are stunning!! Oh those blues, pinks and reds :girlsigh: But knowing myself I know that it wouldn't get much use in my closet. And personally even though I'd be happy every time I'd see the bag it would end up being a burden to have such an expensive bag just sitting in the closet.

So I'd probably be the unpopular opinion and say to reevaluate what you wear and how you would use your bag. Even though the blue or red might make your heart sing, probably take a step back and think to yourself if you would use it or if it would just sit and stare at you at home? And if it's the latter, would that happiness and heart singing solely be worth the money?

:smile:Hard question..I have always preferred black..but currently I love this pink.. I even got a cardholder and a clutch with chain in the same colour.
Having said that, I also have other shades of pink and have actually vowed not to buy anymore chanels but ended up still following insta posts of new bags just in case there’s a new pink I like :heart:

View attachment 4742725
View attachment 4742727
View attachment 4742728
Light pink is considered as neutral to me, always love pink especially in this spring time =)
I'm more prone to safe choice and as I don't have many Chanel bags it's narrowed to black and beige. Want to add a red and a pink but in mini size.

Thank you! That is really helpful!
I know the CF is „common“ in this parallel-handbag-universe we live in :giggle:
But in the real world and in my area I rarely ever see Chanel bags of any kind. LV on the other hand is something you can sport here and there (real or not ..):amuse:
I like the idea of a neutral color yet a different leather !
If you find the time- could you post a pic of your CF metallic? :flowers:

here’s a picture. It still looks good as new! Though I suggest regular leather (not metallic).

Attachments

• 53C14593-537D-41DC-9853-BD836C210A32.jpeg
    53C14593-537D-41DC-9853-BD836C210A32.jpeg
    215.9 KB · Views: 208
@vodense
Oh yes that is what I am really afraid of...3500-4500€ sitting in my closet (depending on preloved or new) ... plus I loved LV Azur ... and I somehow always manage to color-transfer-destroy my Azur bags :facepalm: and then I sell them on and promise to myself to stay away.
So yes the colors are all so pretty but in the long run?! :whut: So hard to decide ...

Reactions: vodense