What kind of surgery do you even get to fix this?

Here is my answer, as blunt and honest as it gets. You ask “what kind of surgery can fix this” But what is it you want to “fix”? You obviously have something in mind, some kind of goal or look that you want to achieve. So what is it? You want more of this? Less of that? Be specific. Because even if you do choose to walk into a surgeon’s office, that is the first thing they will ask.

When you say « fix » that implies that there is something wrong/broken, and there is nothing wrong or broken about your face/features.

Even if you do choose to have surgery, no ethical surgeon would agree to doing anything on your face at your age. Despite being 18, and considered an adult, your facial structures are still developing to a certain degree. If you wait until you are in your early 20s, you’ll see that you will loose a little padding on your face, and you’ll get a more sunken in look which will make your cheekbones stand out more. This will happen naturally as you get a little older among other changes that occurre to facial structures as we exit adolescence and enter adulthood.

Whatever you want to achieve or change about your face, WAIT. For now, you need to focus on what you do like about your features. As many others have said and pointed out what they like about your features, you need to do the same. Focus on what you like, find ways to draw more attention to those features. This takes time, and that’s ok, because your face is still changing and developing.

I agree with the others that you have nothing to worry about! I love your side profile especially :smile:

For anyone wondering there is a surgery called "setback" (at least in Japanese) for protruding mouths but I really don't think you need it.
setback_ue_case10_keika_face_yoko.jpg

images

Thank you guys. :’) I think I suffer from some amount of body dysmorphia. TMI, but when I was younger I was ridiculed a bit for my appearance so I don’t really know what to think of it now. I’m working on that.
I just came across your post from last year and when I read the title I honestly expected to see something “wrong” that needed fixing.
Imagine my surprise when I saw a beautiful young lady with very pretty features, perfect skin, lips, eyes, etc...
It’s so hard when other kids tease each other. It hurts since all you want to do is fit in. I got teased when I was young and was a “late bloomer”.
I know it’s hard to believe but I’ve heard that some of the most beautiful women in the world were teased and bullied over their looks.
I think it’s a good idea to maybe try some counseling to help you see what the rest of see-believe me you are quite beautiful.

Thank you guys. :’) I think I suffer from some amount of body dysmorphia. TMI, but when I was younger I was ridiculed a bit for my appearance so I don’t really know what to think of it now. I’m working on that.
Healing is a process, can be long so be patient:smile: I’m nearly 40 and all my life thought I was chubby and unattractive. Looking back at the photos of my young self I can clearly see I had a seriously distorted image in my mind. With help from others and lots of self-kindness/compassion you’ll learn how to be fine :flowers:

I am so glad you have started to think like this. I know it can feel like people saying you are pretty just to apease you. But truly, when I saw your pics the first thing that came to my mind was: wow, what a beautiful girl... You really are stunning. So now it is all abut you realizing that and owning it.

Many models report being laughed at as children because of their appearance. Maybe there is this kind of beauty that needs time to come together. But you certainly are there now. About your chin... Oh my God, your chin is the standard of beauty. People go through complex operations to get closer to something like that. Not only does it look beautiful now, it will keep you looking beautiful forever. With those chin bones, your face will shag less than average.

Give yourself time to play. Change your hair, learn how to do make up, try jewelry. Myself I think fashion can be a great confidence buster. When you get a out of your confort zone, be just that little bit daring, a bit frivolous or edgy, use colors that flatter your complexion, climb on a pair of killer boots... that can give you so much self esteem. To me, you look very French and I would totally try that cool non chalante French girl look. Check out Celine’s last runways. Totally see you in this vibe.

6B12249D-6BB8-482B-804D-E6E0AA1B77AE.jpeg

I think you look beautiful too.... honestly, a natural beautiful young lady. As for dark circles, try very little concealer maybe and see if that helps you. Your skin is gorgeous.