What jewelry superstitions do you believe?

This is hilarious!

When I made up my quote, I meant knowing everything that I know now I’d still enter the marriage with my partner and enjoy the crazy ride that is our life.

Now if ever it ended as in divorce, I’m not sure I’d want to embark on the same ride with another man!!!
I was with my ex husband for 21 years, after we divorced I found another man with whom I've been together now for almost 25 years. In the begining he wanted to marry me but I said NO WAY: in my neck of the woods there's a saying that translates roughly as " to make mistakes is human to insist is diabolical".

To go back on topic, I'm not particularly supersticious but for me diamonds are the stones which bring most bad luck, to me anyway. I've sold the diamond things I had, and although I inherited my mother's engagement ring, which is beautiful by the way (designed by my mother and father with family diamonds) I have NEVER worn it!

• Love
Reactions: AnnaLou and limom
Not specifically jewelry related, but I avoid all things elephant, jewelry or otherwise. The reason is that I know someone who picked up an elephant figurine and then their life started to go downhill fast. Just one piece of bad luck after another. Major injury, spouse got extremely sick and had to be hospitalized, got fired, got divorced, both parents died, on and on. He blamed the elephant figurine and said the problem was that the trunk was facing downwards, rather than upwards. He got rid of it, but I've been leery of anything elephant ever since.

Now, of course, I know that none of that was the fault of the elephant figurine, it was just coincidence, but whenever I see elephant figures or jewelry, I feel a tinge of anxiety thinking about his horrible experiences. I find it best just to avoid it altogether.

• Insightful
Reactions: limom
What about jewelry from antique stores? I love antique jewelry but sometimes I feel like they do carry energy from the past owners, including their pain and sufferings. Once I was admiring a beautiful ring from the 1930s and somehow felt something terrifying. It was an antique store in Warsaw. Those were very hard years for so many people. And I don’t want to get any items that carry that pain and horror.

Objects do contain energetic imprints of the previous owners. As someone with psychic ability. One of the things they like to teach you early on in your development is Psychometry ( reading energy off objects).I was gifted a ring many years ago that I couldn’t wear due to the energy. I took it to psychometry practice and it was interesting the negativity others picked up on it.

In Feng Shui there is clearing of energy of things also. Some believe that the misfortune of the previous object can rub off onto you. At the time of hearing that, it did make me wonder if I purchased an item belonging to someone famous or successful would their luck rub off also? I need to test that theory!

Look up some cleansing techniques and then continue purchasing antique jewellery. However, in the case of the ring from Warsaw, a cleansed ring wouldn’t be enough to combat your imagination regarding the suffering.

I used to look up jewellery superstitions especially relating to gemstone engagement rings. Now I’m not very superstitious at all as it’s just more limiting beliefs, I don’t need. However, positive superstitions such as wearing red because it’s lucky I could get on board with for the placebo effect.

Reactions: limom and AnnaLou
Objects do contain energetic imprints of the previous owners. As someone with psychic ability. One of the things they like to teach you early on in your development is Psychometry ( reading energy off objects).I was gifted a ring many years ago that I couldn’t wear due to the energy. I took it to psychometry practice and it was interesting the negativity others picked up on it.

In Feng Shui there is clearing of energy of things also. Some believe that the misfortune of the previous object can rub off onto you. At the time of hearing that, it did make me wonder if I purchased an item belonging to someone famous or successful would their luck rub off also? I need to test that theory!

Look up some cleansing techniques and then continue purchasing antique jewellery. However, in the case of the ring from Warsaw, a cleansed ring wouldn’t be enough to combat your imagination regarding the suffering.
My "imagination regarding the suffering" of my friend is exactly the problem with me and elephant stuff. Well said.

I have tons of inherited jewelry.
My forebears did not have an easy life. But I look at it differently. Their energy/spirit is looking out for me and visiting me at time.
Now if someone who wish me ill give me a gift or I don’t like. The gift is immediately thrown out/donated. I don’t need to be reminded of the person.
I will never wear a Cartier trinity ring as everyone I know who wore one, met an early and painful demise.

Reactions: GraffS

Actually as soon as I took the ring I felt like screaming and crying. I felt like it was stripped off of some woman who died soon later.

I love antique jewelry and furniture, and even mirrors, I have a lot of those from my great grandparents. But never felt anything terrifying like that before. We say cleansing is good. But there are some energies of horror that is impossible to clean.

• Wow
Oh also in our culture we say never pick up jewelry on a road, or money, or anything valuable. Especially if it’s a crossroad.
And vice versa. If you want to get rid of something really bad, illness, sickness, bad luck, it’s put it into something valuable and left at a crossroad for someone to find. And if that someone picks it up, he or she also picks up all the bad things you need to get rid off. My friend did it when she couldn’t get pregnant. She left a gorgeous expensive diamond ring at a crossroad and got pregnant later. Maybe it’s just old women talks but I definitely stay away from anything I find on a road.

• Insightful
Oh also in our culture we say never pick up jewelry on a road, or money, or anything valuable. Especially if it’s a crossroad.
And vice versa. If you want to get rid of something really bad, illness, sickness, bad luck, it’s put it into something valuable and left at a crossroad for someone to find. And if that someone picks it up, he or she also picks up all the bad things you need to get rid off. My friend did it when she couldn’t get pregnant. She left a gorgeous expensive diamond ring at a crossroad and got pregnant later. Maybe it’s just old women talks but I definitely stay away from anything I find on a road.
I always heard "find a penny pick it up, all day long you'll have good luck." And then in a parenthetical afterward, "but only if it's heads-up." Mostly, it's little kids who pick up coins anyway, and they get so excited about it, so whenever I see a tails-up coin, I turn it to heads up in case someone else wants the coin but might be nervous about tails-up being bad luck.

I have tons of inherited jewelry.
My forebears did not have an easy life. But I look at it differently. Their energy/spirit is looking out for me and visiting me at time.
Now if someone who wish me ill give me a gift or I don’t like. The gift is immediately thrown out/donated. I don’t need to be reminded of the person.
I will never wear a Cartier trinity ring as everyone I know who wore one, met an early and painful demise.
Oh wow! That's so weird about the Cartier trinity ring experience you've observed!! :shocked: