What is the last handbag you bought? Share a photo with us!

Cross post from @Tasha1 ‘s thread on Duret bags https://forum.purseblog.com/threads/duret-bag.1040839/ (my apologies to everyone who is tired of seeing my new bag; I just love it so much)

Custom, hand stitched Buffalo dalmation leather bag from Duret in Paris (remote order). far and away my most finely crafted bag. Made of H quality Buffalo leather hides that I was able to choose. Received video updates of the bag being made and a handstitched leather dustbag that is, in and of itself, a work of art.

A3E1A7EF-C209-4995-B7FA-82D6CAC402A5.jpeg87368528-24EB-43F0-B384-3DC25FC3BA74.jpeg59DA5726-6433-4912-8047-E0F344163ADA.jpeg6182832B-56C0-4FC5-8389-AFBB46EA042A.jpeg3BA5F68D-5352-4DC8-8E63-3FF88BC1E067.jpeg

So.... I guess this is the newest bag I bought. I was expecting black. The images in the listing in bad lighting made it look black. The title didn't mention the color and I assumed it was black, but in the very teeny print at the end of the description which my brain must have somehow blanked out, it did say brown and no returns. Sooooo I now have a new BROWN Versace Barocco Vanitas Calliope Medea. It's in NWT condition (which is hard to come by now in any color).

I was going to try and redye it until someone let me know (thanks so much) that the threads Versace uses won't take dye and thus bag has a TON of stitching. And too lazy to try to resell and wait until someone else loves it. May as well use it since I don't currently have a brown bag anyway.

So I used the opportunity to shop for some nice brown boots for Autumn and embrace the browns and neutrals of the season. It still a beautiful bag! Expensive mistake to make though..... Oopps ! It's the 12" width version.

View attachment 5232698
Not my first choice of color but it is beautiful! I'm glad you decided to embrace the color.

Not my first choice of color but it is beautiful! I'm glad you decided to embrace the color.

Remember I posted the images from the auction? There was no hint that it was brown It was the poor lighting made it look black. I could probably argue with the seller and return it but I already have the WOC in the same Vanitas quilting in black and a La Medusa in black, plus my Chanel Boy and Givenchy GV3 are also black. So that's 4 bags if I want to wear a black one. I didn't have any brown (closest was a reddish pecan Brahmin bag) but no true brown to wear with fall neutrals. My gold python Gabby works but I figured I'll find use for this bag since it really is beautiful anyway and it's NWT. Maybe it's forcing me out of my black comfort zone LOL. Definitely was not my first choice in color either.

So.... I guess this is the newest bag I bought. I was expecting black. The images in the listing in bad lighting made it look black. The title didn't mention the color and I assumed it was black, but in the very teeny print at the end of the description which my brain must have somehow blanked out, it did say brown and no returns. Sooooo I now have a new BROWN Versace Barocco Vanitas Calliope Medea. It's in NWT condition (which is hard to come by now in any color).

I was going to try and redye it until someone let me know (thanks so much) that the threads Versace uses won't take dye and thus bag has a TON of stitching. And too lazy to try to resell and wait until someone else loves it. May as well use it since I don't currently have a brown bag anyway.

So I used the opportunity to shop for some nice brown boots for Autumn and embrace the browns and neutrals of the season. It still a beautiful bag! Expensive mistake to make though..... Oopps ! It's the 12" width version.

View attachment 5232698
It is GORGEOUS:love:!
The first ever "quilted" bag I have liked :wtf:
SO much more beautiful and elegant and special than black,- there are far too many black quilted bags around.
Wish I could afford to buy it off you :girlsigh:

Reactions: B4GBuff

View attachment 5232698
I'm a huge brown lover, so I absolutely adore this bag! Brown is huge this season, so it might be the perfect time to invest in a few more neutrals.

And yeah, I am looking for a navy bag, and cannot tell you how many black bags LOOK navy in bad lighting.

Purchased two lately, a fairly rare 2002 nappa drawstring hobo and a chevre messenger, both Balenciaga oldies. The drawstring is a little too small for a big bag gal like me so I’ll be rehoming her but I had to show her off. The messenger is a better fit for me personally.

View attachment 5234051View attachment 5234052
I love the drawstring! The leather looks so soft. How tiny is it?

Reactions: JenJBS
It's not tiny at all, just an average size (13" H x 12" W x .5" D). But I've gotten used to carrying totes and hobos where I can chuck in whatever I buy, or a book, etc., and let's face it, I've always loved big bags. :lol: It's killer soft leather, I have another oldie Bal from the same time period made out of nappa and it's very pettable! I'd love to find a flat brass hobo in nappa, I have a couple of them but in the moto tough third season leather. I also tend to prefer bags that are wider than tall. If I was a collector I'd hang onto it for sure but I'm trying very hard to only have bags I know I'll use in my closet.

Last edited:
I'm a huge brown lover, so I absolutely adore this bag! Brown is huge this season, so it might be the perfect time to invest in a few more neutrals.

And yeah, I am looking for a navy bag, and cannot tell you how many black bags LOOK navy in bad lighting.

Haha thanks. Yeah I decided to embrace the brown.

By the way I know there is a navy blue of the larger version of this bag for sale on Poshmark...I known what you mean it looks black in the pic. But it's Navy blue. It's also never used NWT. I do like the larger version too.

Screenshot_20211028-015209_Poshmark.jpg

Last edited: