What is a blurring powder? Is it real?

LemonDrop

a Fendi bag and a bad attitude
O.G.
Jul 5, 2007
So on a whim I purchased an item described as follows:

Solar Glow Bare Skin Beautifier Universal Blurring Powder​

It’s odd because I look like I have nothing on but somehow I look better. I wonder if I am imagining it.

Anyone have thoughts? Like blurring powders or can explain? Thanks.

It's real. Most powders are blurring if you use it right. The small particles fills the bumps and unevenness of skin, some absorb oil thus creating a soft focus look. Some powders use material that give it translucent color so can be used on all skin colours/tones ('universal'), some actually have color to fit skin tone, some have moisturizing content to help smooth over flakey dry skin, etc.
They're all powders in different formulation - this one seems to fit your skin well. I wouldn't pay too much attention to the name - brands make them up to sell.

Reactions: LemonDrop
@Jktgal @papertiger thanks. It does give me both a soft and slight iridescent look. I am just surprised it looks like absolutely nothing is on my face but I look better :biggrin: What a fun no makeup makeup look.
If you haven't tried them already, you might then like the Guerlain meteorites powders. They are small balls of different colours that is transluscent on face but give a blurring effect and on some skin tones give that iridescent look. There is also a compact version. Most people use them as finishing powder (on top of foundation etc) but I also like them on bare face after sunblock.

Reactions: Mariapia
Oh, I would like to try this.
I thought my Shiseido Synchro Skin Invisible Powder is the thing of things...but it is not available for a longer now :sad:
It was super blurring and in deed - invisible.
The D&G is not obviously metallic on the face?

Reactions: Jktgal
Using a blurring powder does tend to help blur the pores and deep scarring on my face( I have deep acne scars), but based on my own experience, the first 3 hours look okay. But after that, my makeup tends to look cakey. So, it might be better to apply only a small amount of powder to avoid the cakey appearance. Other than that, yes it does help :smile: