What has surprised you about Hermes?

What surprises me about Hermes is how they can have a yoga line of clothing and not a ski line.
You can buy skis though?

Honestly I wouldn't be surprised if H released a video of horse yoga, because this brand definitely has an eccentric sense of humor 😂 and didn't they have an event where you do yoga/pilates with the scarves?

The way the COLORS just take to the leather. (I probably should have done my homework...like on tpf :yes:)
I had only really been exposed to neutrals from a few family members but once I started my own search - I mean wow, even if I didn't particularly care for a certain bag, I could really appreciate the color.

The atmosphere/set up. :smile: It's probably one of my most favorite interior designs for a boutique.

I have always enjoyed being in my location. While it is a very popular location, the store is quiet most of the time.
It's very relaxing and I can take my time.
If my SA is busy with another client I'm free to roam around and no one follows me or asks me any questions.

Granted, there's always a security guard within a 10 ft radius so maybe that's why but I never get the feeling of eyes being pinned upon me by them.

1. I was surprised by H craftsmanship. I knew they'd have top-notch products, but to see things that are just well-constructed (i.e. the Kelly belt) and unfussy but still so great is really amazing.
2. I was also surprised by the lack of pretense around the whole bag conversation. No need to pretend that a bag is not at least part of the goal.
3. I grew up going to stores with my grandparents, and I remember the SAs being particularly...let's just say "uptight." I'm sure there are unfriendly SAs, and I'm sure some of them could get unfriendly in certain circumstances, but my former SA and I would swap TV recommendations and talk about our love of Disneyland while shopping. There isn't some level of snobbery once you've developed a relationship!
4. The big one? The scope of H. This was really driven home for me last year when I went to the Horizons event at SCP. They had planes! A jukebox! Every kind of sports equipment imaginable! Yes, H is a leather brand and yes, H is a clothing brand but yes, H is also a beauty brand, a jewelry brand, and a lifestyle brand. I don't think I realized that going in.

How much people are willing to spend to be “offered” a bag. I mean.. I have no problem buying pre-loved for a brand I enjoy. I don’t need a champagne unboxing to make me excited about a bag.
*shrug*
I have bought both in-boutique and pre-loved and have loved all purchases equally
How much ‘I’ was willing to spend to be offered a bag
 just being real
 l have turned over a new leaf this year, so far 😂

I shouldn't be surprised by this anymore, but the longevity of their products (durability) is wonderful. A bag I purchased (B35, Fjord) in 2009 is still going strong, is actually at the spa right now for some minor fixing, and I never babied it. This is my go-to travel/winter/workhorse bag. The cost may have been exorbitant but the cost/wear and functionality is worth it to me.

Ditto! Fjord is very durable. Too bad they don't make them any more.

How great the after sales service can be!

I'm sure there are probably bad experiences, but I bought a 2005 Birkin in lockdown, the tirette was broken, not the clochette that was fine. I emailed the after sales lady in my closest boutique and she asked for a photo. Once sent she organised Paris to make me a replacement (with a replacement clochette as well even though it wasn't needed) then around two months later posted it to me.. all free of charge! Admittedly the boutique was closed due to lockdown at the time, but that was great service!

When I took the Birkin in for repairs to be sent to Paris a year or so later, they did some of the repairs, but not others. Thankfully by then had an artisan back in the local boutique, so it was organised for me to bring the bag back and have the repairs completed extremely quickly.. I think around two to three weeks from what I recall.

They were very lovely and this bag wasn't a bag I had purchased from the boutique. In fact I've only ever bought around three or four very small items from my local boutique (as the majority have been when I've been in France or on H.com) so it wasn't because I'm a great customer!

How great the after sales service can be!

I'm sure there are probably bad experiences, but I bought a 2005 Birkin in lockdown, the tirette was broken, not the clochette that was fine. I emailed the after sales lady in my closest boutique and she asked for a photo. Once sent she organised Paris to make me a replacement (with a replacement clochette as well even though it wasn't needed) then around two months later posted it to me.. all free of charge! Admittedly the boutique was closed due to lockdown at the time, but that was great service!

When I took the Birkin in for repairs to be sent to Paris a year or so later, they did some of the repairs, but not others. Thankfully by then had an artisan back in the local boutique, so it was organised for me to bring the bag back and have the repairs completed extremely quickly.. I think around two to three weeks from what I recall.

They were very lovely and this bag wasn't a bag I had purchased from the boutique. In fact I've only ever bought around three or four very small items from my local boutique (as the majority have been when I've been in France or on H.com) so it wasn't because I'm a great customer!
depends how you define 'great customer'
someone who is nice, interested, understanding and not entitled is a greater customer than the demandind, difficult, high spender.