what happened to older design of jimmy choo bags?

Cathryn

O.G.
May 12, 2007
I love the older JC bags. It seems like you get more quality for the price.
and the older bags don’t have the obnoxious JC in the front, I just don’t like it much like MK. Doesn’t need it, the leather and style speaks for itself.. the small name plate is all the bag needs imo

Reactions: aanjheni

aanjheni

Feb 26, 2018
IKR? I get that some people like the logos (heck, I even have an LV mono here and there) but I really like the IYKYK type of bag. I found an older convertible bag (shoulder, hand, and backpack) and there is nothing on it to shout Jimmy Choo except for the discreet name on the handle hardware. It is wonderful! I need to get the interior zipper repaired but that is minor.

aanjheni

Feb 26, 2018
Actually half the price is a lot on the resale market
I guess it is perspective. LVs and Hermes fetch a lot more in resale. I am not sure about the other premier designer bags. It must be perceived value.

No matter... I get to scoop up my favorite bags at lower prices. And again, the quality of those older bags is just stunning.

Gabs007

Feb 5, 2018
I guess it is perspective. LVs and Hermes fetch a lot more in resale. I am not sure about the other premier designer bags. It must be perceived value.

No matter... I get to scoop up my favorite bags at lower prices. And again, the quality of those older bags is just stunning.
Some of the popular designs, with luck you break even, but that requires a lot of luck, Hermes and Kelly, because they are listed for a certain price doesn't mean people pay it, when it is pristine, about half the price but that often requires a long wait. If there are signs of wear, usually you get around 1/3rd, unfortunately, I am getting rid of quite a few of my bags

cecchetti

Dec 6, 2020
I have a dark navy genuine alligator /crocodile Jimmy Choo bag, but I don’t know the model name.
It’s medium sized, but it’s very heavy, so when it’s full it’s like carrying a brick!
I love it though..

Reactions: Cathryn