What did everyone think of Modern Disco?

Modern Disco: Cute or Gimmicky?

• Cute

Votes: 4 18.2%
  • Gimmicky

Votes: 6 27.3%
  • Tacky

Votes: 12 54.5%

• Total voters

Elizabeth247

Jan 30, 2015
Hi everyone! The Modern Disco collection is the light up group that is in stores right now. There's a Mercer and a few other styles. I can't decide if it's cute or gimmicky...

Attachments

• Light up Kors.jpg
    Light up Kors.jpg
    135 KB · Views: 293
  • Light up bags Macy's.jpg
    Light up bags Macy's.jpg
    173.8 KB · Views: 310
I think it's both cute and gimmicky, but a little bit more of the latter, unfortunately.
I would not use these besides when I go to a party or event. I suppose Kate Spade has their light up constellation bag now, so Michael Kors needed something. Interestingly, the Kate Spade is a lot more refined than the MK options.

Reactions: Elizabeth247
I think it's both cute and gimmicky, but a little bit more of the latter, unfortunately.
I would not use these besides when I go to a party or event. I suppose Kate Spade has their light up constellation bag now, so Michael Kors needed something. Interestingly, the Kate Spade is a lot more refined than the MK options.
Oh I have to look at the Kate Spade one! Thanks for the info! I'm not buying either but I just find this sort of thing interesting!

I just went and looked at the Kate Spade Constellation. Way classier. Way more expensive too.

Reactions: donutsprinkles
I knew this bag existed as i had seen it while scanning online stores and maybe spotted it for a second in a store while shopping on black friday. I was in a hurry to travel to a friend's for a holiday dinner or I would have investigated further. I always spend way too much time browsing and was doing my best to stay on task. Lol!

I incorrectly thought the design was just perforated with multicolored leather behind it. I was struck by it being a cute firework design and well coordinated for the upcoming New Years celebrations. I have a couple Mercers already and Im not much into perforation these days, so i didnt look into it more.

Now, knowing it lights up and having seen a video of the light display, i am totally into this bag. I really appreciate it can be turned on and off. I wish the online description included more on its featues. This design is really cool and I have lots of ideas especially for evening events where this would absolutely make me smile and entertain me. If I spotted someone with this bag, I would definitely compliment you on your awesomeness.