What are the "IN" jeans now.

I have been wearing NYDJ Marilyns for years… I just this past year got my first pair of page straightleg (love!) and last month a pair of Fidelty Denim Katie’s. I agree with the other posters who say - try a pair of jeans on, you love how they look and feel - that is what is in style for you!

edited to add: Also, when Costco has my size, love 8 tall Vanderbilt relaxed jeans! Great bargain jeans!

Reactions: limom
I have been wearing NYDJ Marilyns for years… I just this past year got my first pair of page straightleg (love!) and last month a pair of Fidelty Denim Katie’s. I agree with the other posters who say - try a pair of jeans on, you love how they look and feel - that is what is in style for you!

edited to add: Also, when Costco has my size, love 8 tall Vanderbilt relaxed jeans! Great bargain jeans!
agree about trying jeans on. I don't think I'd buy a pair w/o trying on even in a style I'd worn before (unless maybe it was from a retailer with a return policy)

Reactions: chloe_chanel
Thank goodness....I was never a fan! I prefer wide leg and looser fitting jeans so much more and of course they all have to be high rise!! I may consider mid rise but never again will I ever wear low rise even if everyone is wearing them. :yucky:
I'm with you on the low rise. I prefer high. I have some straight leg, some that I roll up as boyfriend jeans esp in summer with sandals. I don't like super skinny jeans that hug the calves but I do still wear some that are pretty skinny. I haven't seen many people wearing wide legs around here.
Pretty much I wear what I like.

for thr last few years, the style has been full cut and high waisted.
DH likes Japanese selvedge and denim from blueingreen or some denim styles from Brunello.
Before 3x1 closed, he eould buy some MtM there.
i havent bought jeans recently, but I still wear a pair of dolce & gabbana that I purchased in the 1990s. Not low, and cut generously but in a flattering way. I also have a pair of brunello denim joggers, kind of updated mom jeans (I’m unclear as to the difference between mom jeans and boyfriend jeans these days

@Antonia, making a note of your chimala suggestion below, thank you!

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Love
Reactions: Antonia and sdkitty
for thr last few years, the style has been full cut and high waisted.
DH likes Japanese selvedge and denim from blueingreen or some denim styles from Brunello.
Before 3x1 closed, he eould buy some MtM there.
i havent bought jeans recently, but I still wear a pair of dolce & gabbana from the 1990s. Not low, and cut generously but in a flattering way. I also have a pair of brunello denim joggers, kind of updated mom jeans (I’m unclear as to the difference between mom jeans and boyfriend jeans these days
I think the mom jeans have a high waist/tapered leg and boyfriend are loose all over. Japanese selvedge are amazing. Have you or hubby tried Chimala jeans? Speaking of selvedge jeans, Zara came out with a few styles not long ago and I have 2 pairs that I absolutely love that actually look and feel way more expensive than they are-and they happen to be among my favorite jeans in my closet! :nuts:

• Insightful
Reactions: 880
For years and years, I loved Paige. I had at least 30 pair at one time. Filled in with Joe's Muse and a few pair from 7FAM or COH. Now I mostly wear Democracy. I need that forgiving waistband and I like the lower price.

I LOVED my Paige Sweetzer jeans. I gave them to my sister and told her to give them back if she didn't wear them. I would frame them as a work of art.

Reactions: Winiebean
I don't really care much for what is 'in' or not, most of the time I wear classic pieces with a modern touch, so my outfits are elegant yet they aren't boring. Due to my body shape and size (I am naturally very slim and do not have large hips, just some soft curves, but I am not what you would say 'curvy'), the jean brands that fit me well are J Brand and Frame; and I wear size 25 in Sass & Bide 25 fits me well too. I just know what fits me well. When it comes to clothes, I am usually a size 0 body, but size 2 is better when I am wearing tops and very tight dresses because I have some medium-size breasts so sometimes everything fits well but that section may be a bit tight. Here I am talking about American sizes, in Australia, I am 4 and 6. Or XXS or SX pants/skirts (it depends on the cut).

For years and years, I loved Paige. I had at least 30 pair at one time. Filled in with Joe's Muse and a few pair from 7FAM or COH. Now I mostly wear Democracy. I need that forgiving waistband and I like the lower price.

I LOVED my Paige Sweetzer jeans. I gave them to my sister and told her to give them back if she didn't wear them. I would frame them as a work of art.
I used to wear Paige flares but in recent years the paige jeans I've tried on don't fit right. I still have one pair of Paige jeans - the Rosie Huntington-Whitely line - boyfriend jeans. My favorite pair of jeans are probably my AG ripped (but not very) skinny jeans. I have a pair of J Brand jeans that are my go-to ones if I want to look more put together. They are a bit darker wash, not too skinny and no rips. I had tried Frame a couple of times and failed - finally now have a pair that fits me right. They're high waist, which I much prefer.

Reactions: jeans&heels