Vivienne Westwood

Gucci girl GG - love those earrings, i'm a bag fan of her accessories even though they are a touch rude at times... ( have you seen the penis shaped necklace!! Not sure I could wear that out!)

I love Westwood clothes - huge fan and I have bought many of her pieces over the last couple of years. England being the home of Queen Viv I have seen quite a few of her bags - they sell at both Liberty and Selfridges here - and they have never quite hit the spot so to speak. They make me feel lukewarm all over - whereas I am willing to spend designer prices and other ranges of bags I just can't with hers. They are distinctively Westwood certainly but just not special enough, I don't like the patterns and materials. I wonder how much she is involved with designing them.

Love the orb logo though.

I like that portable ashtray...I don't smoke though. It actually looks more like a pocket watch to me.

katy 1368, I agree with you regarding the material...I think that I couldn't justify spending so much on a bag made from cloth. Although I still think about it all the time. :lol:

Hi,
Can anybody please tell me which season this vivienne weswood bag is from: It is blue canvas with black leather handles and on the front in white letters says 'open 24 hours' and on the revers it says 'back in 5 minutes'? Your help would be appreciated!! Thanks a million! :tender:

Recently I've just discovered her designs. I know she's huge in Japan and Asia, and she's got some really cute/funky bags that I just love. I've never seen any in real life, and I was just wondering if anyone owns any?
How's the quality, how's the fit?
How do they compare in terms of function and quality with similarly priced domestic brands?

I'm thinking of making a purchase, because most of my bags are really simple and clean (so I can use them for everything), and I'd like to have a really unique purse/wallet for once.
In particular, I'm liking these two:
Picture029-2.jpg

b67f_1.JPG

Of course, those are both eBay sales and I have no idea what to look for in terms of authenticity, but her website has lots of neat looks too.

Any thoughts?

Yes, her bags are very very popular in Hong Kong, Taiwan and Japan. There are Japan-licensed and Italian made ones. The first pic is the Italian made one by a company called Braccialini. You can google the name Braccialini and there's some bags they made for VW. I own one such VW bag made by Braccialini. I'll try to upload some pics.

Both of these were on eBay, the top one was only in the mid $300 range, and the bottom one was less. if you search for them, I think they're ending today or tomorrow. I really like them, too. :smile: