Vintage or Seasonal Chanel?

I would definitely say go vintage!

The seasonal flap although appealing to have a new boutique fresh bag won’t stay brand new and then I think you’ll get the bug to buy a classic flap…

good luck and either way you can’t go wrong with any Chanel bag IMO:lol:

Reactions: juju2016
Would you choose vintage bags if they are more expensive than the seasonal? So far every vintage bag i found (in great condition) was more than 9k.

I’ve heard people say seasonal bags don’t always hold their value like classic flaps do in the long term? Perhaps that’s the case with price differences but if you found a seasonal bag that sparked as much joy I think it would be worth it… go with what makes your heart sing and you can’t go wrong

Reactions: Gwinneth
I think you are totally right. If I decided to go with the seasonal I'd still be wanting a vintage classic flap! So now I'm on the hunt!
Talking from experience here, Yes go for the classic flap because you will still be obsessing over wanting one after getting a seasonal piece, so in the long run it will work out cheaper for you this way. Good luck

The quality of vintage is unmatched! The classic flap holds its value far more than the rest and still remains the most highly sought after Chanel bag. Also, the vintage Lambskin feels buttery soft and the vintage bags have the 24k gold hardware. Seasonal bags are not longer manufactured with 24k gold and they feel more plastic than buttery soft. I have purchased from X now three different times. X is the only one that I know of who specializes in mint condition vintage chanel in USA. Each purchase from X has been the classic flap vintage in Lambskin and has been superior in quality to the newer bags. I have both. Hope this helps!
I completely agree. There's no match to a vintage Chanel in good condition . Ofcourse expecting mint condition is unfair but you may get lucky. The 24 K gold plating and the buttery leather are TDF. Now, someone like me is very particular about how leather feels and how the hardware looks. Vintage appeals more to my eyes. But to some people new Chanel appeals more. So a the end of the day its really about what makes your heart sing !

Last edited by a moderator:
As lovely as the seasonal flap is, I don’t think it’ll have the same longevity in your wardrobe as the classic flap. It runs the risk of looking dated in 10 years time whereas a vintage classic flap will always be in style, so I think it’s worth the price even though it’s a much older bag. The classic is also very easy to dress down and up.