Vintage LV pieces that you have seen during the pandemic

This is what I wear often times during the pandemic with a guitar strap from Amazon. Since it's an 80s speedy from my grandmother, I go hippie with it. :heart:
View attachment 5674592
OMG it was from your grandmother :heart: That makes it even more beautiful. As a mother of 2 sons, I pray for a granddaughter one day.
I have to leave all my purses to someone lol.

I always wi
OMG it was from your grandmother :heart: That makes it even more beautiful. As a mother of 2 sons, I pray for a granddaughter one day.
I have to leave all my purses to someone lol.
I’ve always wondered about having only boys, what happens to someone’s large handbag or jewelry collection.

But the way I see it, it’s more about your enjoyment than their inheritance. Plus, if you teach them enough about your collection, they can sell or keep the items in house. Either way you’ve paved the way m, so it’s a win-win.

I always wi

I’ve always wondered about having only boys, what happens to someone’s large handbag or jewelry collection.

But the way I see it, it’s more about your enjoyment than their inheritance. Plus, if you teach them enough about your collection, they can sell or keep the items in house. Either way you’ve paved the way m, so it’s a win-win.
Yes absolutely :heart: I enjoy my purses so much. I call them my girls:lol:. I have one niece and have already gifted her a few of my luxury items, and will most likely leave her at least one of my LV's. But I would really love to leave the rest of my earthly things to a daughter in law or granddaughter. My 2 Keepalls and 2 trunks are going to my boys.

Today I saw the most beat up Noe. I mean the most beat up, cracks, very, very dark patina, it's in disarray, but somehow I really liked it on the girl. She wore it completely carefree, at this point, it's just another bag. And why not? Not every LV piece have to be pristine.

Sorry I didn't take a pic. My hands were busy holding my dog and my Starbucks! :lol:
I love a good beat up Noe, I actually keep looking for the perfect one, lol! I had one years ago that was a hand me down and I spruced it up very nice, I wish I kept it but where it came from had bad memories/karma so I gave it away to another family member... I still want another though, that bag almost looks better beat up, but there's a specific look I'm after, lol.

I love a good beat up Noe, I actually keep looking for the perfect one, lol! I had one years ago that was a hand me down and I spruced it up very nice, I wish I kept it but where it came from had bad memories/karma so I gave it away to another family member... I still want another though, that bag almost looks better beat up, but there's a specific look I'm after, lol.
Did you try looking on Fashionphile? You may find one there:smile:

Reactions: GucciLouisFendiOhMy
This is what I wear often times during the pandemic with a guitar strap from Amazon. Since it's an 80s speedy from my grandmother, I go hippie with it. :heart:
View attachment 5674592

I love this :smile:. You are inspiring me to try out my Mom’s vintage Speedy 25 the next time I see her. She doesn’t use it anymore and I never thought to borrow/take it because I don’t do handheld only. If I like it enough, maybe I should get all the vachetta replaced depending on the cost. I regret helping her sell her barely used Ellipse PM like 5 years ago because she was no longer using hand held, I only liked DE/DA print at that time and we thought the Ellipse style was outdated (big mistake :lol:). Especially since we sold it for like $400 and it was like-new.

You know I understand when you say certain items can be associated with bad memories/ karma. I have a few pieces of clothing or handbags, and every time I wear them, something bad happens around me. So they remain in my closet. It's strange. I can't explain it.....

I should sell those items. Perhaps that will be my new year resolution.

I love this :smile:. You are inspiring me to try out my Mom’s vintage Speedy 25 the next time I see her. She doesn’t use it anymore and I never thought to borrow/take it because I don’t do handheld only. If I like it enough, maybe I should get all the vachetta replaced depending on the cost. I regret helping her sell her barely used Ellipse PM like 5 years ago because she was no longer using hand held, I only liked DE/DA print at that time and we thought the Ellipse style was outdated (big mistake :lol:). Especially since we sold it for like $400 and it was like-new.
Yikes. I've sold a few items I really regret too. Just wasn't using them much. So over time I don't sell anything and my closet is too full now....

Yes. You should definitely try out your mom's Speedy25. I purchased one in 2005 when I was on a business trip in Singapore, then I sold it the next year at a loss because I just wanted to free up the money for something else.

Arghhh...all the mistakes we make along the way.
So 2023 will really be the year to de-clutter my closet and repair a few LV items that I want to cherish longer.

I have noticed that since the pandemic hit, there are lots of vintage LV bags being carried by lots of ppl on the streets. These bags which have not seen the light of day are being brought out as casual/ low key handbags with no fuss.

It's like a resurrection of old vintage goodies. So I thought I would start a thread. What have you seen around YOUR neighborhood?

Yesterday at COSTO, I saw a vintage Odeon. And a Saint Cloud! I loved them both. Quite amazing. :heart: :heart: :heart:
View attachment 5671199View attachment 5671200
I carry all vintage LV minus my cardholder and DE Pouch which are the newest (though both bought secondhand). And a few vintage epi SLGs.

I’ve got vintage monos: St. Cloud mm, Chantilly pm, Tivoli pm, Speedy 35, Speedy 25

In vintage epi: red speedy 25, black speedy 25, fuschia alma pm

In my area I’ve seen vintage and equally a lot of new as well being carried. Personally, the character in the vintage and many of the retired styles suit me better, but it’s fun to see people out enjoying their bags as a whole. Carry on ladies, carry on. And Happy New Year!

• Love
Reactions: PrayersandPurses
You know I understand when you say certain items can be associated with bad memories/ karma. I have a few pieces of clothing or handbags, and every time I wear them, something bad happens around me. So they remain in my closet. It's strange. I can't explain it.....

I should sell those items. Perhaps that will be my new year resolution.
Regarding certain items carrying karmic energy, I’ve had this same experience with a few items. Bad things happening (like cancer diagnoses, job loss, etc.,) when they’re worn. I’ve sold those because of it. I completely understand this and had never heard someone say what I’d secretly thought and observed before.