Vintage Kelly 32 lock/keys

BaltimoreJenny

BaltimoreJenny
O.G.
Jul 1, 2006
Hi Everyone! I recently bought a vintage (year 1996) Kelly 32 box leather from a reputable seller I’ve used for years. it came with Entrupy verification.

Edited

Last edited by a moderator:
Entrupy is so notoriously unreliable that I’d not trust their verification in any way. I think there’s at least like a 10+ page thread somewhere of people sharing why Entrupy is useless. (Edit: found it - https://forum.purseblog.com/threads/entrupy-is-not-dependable.1006960/)

If I were you, for my peace of mind I will pay for a trusted third party authentication.

Last edited:
I've never used Entrupty, but presumably it's the bag that has been authenticated. Lock and keys are not the bag. It's like when people get nervous because a dust-bag isn't right.

Personally, I'd get everything authenticated by a reliable third party. Locks and keys can be replaced, they just cost so maybe you can ask for a partial refund, even if the bag turns out to be OK.

Thank you! Based on what I read here, I’m going to use Zeko’s.
Can I get a new lock and keys from Hermes? I don’t live near a boutique unfortunately and I don’t want to buy off of eBay.

Thank you! Based on what I read here, I’m going to use Zeko’s.
Can I get a new lock and keys from Hermes? I don’t live near a boutique unfortunately and I don’t want to buy off of eBay.

You can purchase new cloche/keys and lock from H so long as they have availability of the leather for the cloche,but as @880 has stated, you'll need to show/give the bag to H.

• Thanks
Reactions: 880