Vintage bottega hobo

Lovely bag!

Did you pay too much? I was actually researching large veneta hobos and they have ranged from $600-$1300 on eBay. So perhaps you paid a bit more than what you could have. But—assuming this range—I think you need to ask yourself is $200 worth getting a bag in great condition, a bag that is not readily available anymore, from a reputable reseller with flexible return policies, and without having to scour resale sites for months? I’d probably say yes to that.

Edited to add: I zoomed in and see you have an older hobo with the knotted zipper pull. If so, you have a gem of a bag. I had an Ebano veneta from that era and I foolishly let it go. Er go, I was looking around. And I’d be even pickier than you because I’d want one from that era! So consider me thinking you are quite lucky. Take a photo of the white tag in the interior pocket and we can tell you from what year it is.
Yes it does have the knotted zipper pull was that’s before or after the pull that is a leather oval tab? So this is a gem than I think I scored a great deal and I’m almost mint condition. I’m pretty happy I kept worrying about well maybe I spent to much I should look around but you’re right I could find one on eBay and it might say it’s good condition but then I get it and it’s smelly, rips inside, rubs all over the list goes on.

Reactions: Evergreen602
Hi everyone! So I just purchased a vintage bottega large hobo on fashionphile for $1500. I have searched everywhere for a large size and all I could find was medium. So I was so excited when I seen only 1 on fashionphile I snatched it up!! Got it yesterday and it’s in pretty amazing condition. Do you guys think I over paid or does this seem like a fair price? Also anyone have one and tell me how you like it? I was going to get the Jodi in small size but decided to get this instead

View attachment 5807354

View attachment 5807355
If that is exactly the bag you want in the exact condition you want it IMO you have not overpaid. BUT there are many wonderful Venetas out there some are pristine some are not.

Reactions: jellyv
I am not sure about the pricing of older handbags, but the one you bought is so beautiful. If you are happy with it-i would keep it-unless the price bothers you so much that you can't.

Hi everyone! So I just purchased a vintage bottega large hobo on fashionphile for $1500. I have searched everywhere for a large size and all I could find was medium. So I was so excited when I seen only 1 on fashionphile I snatched it up!! Got it yesterday and it’s in pretty amazing condition. Do you guys think I over paid or does this seem like a fair price? Also anyone have one and tell me how you like it? I was going to get the Jodi in small size but decided to get this instead

View attachment 5807354

View attachment 5807355
It's beautiful