Vintage Bags anyone?

This is a small display that I have in my handbag store for vintage bags! for the most part, these were bought secondhand!

First pic-small vintage croc bag-$9 consignment
Enid Collins bag-$3.99 thrift
Telephone bag-Timmy Woods $18 Buffalo Exchange (not vintage...does anyone remember seeing this in SATC?)
Small studded bag-$11 Buffalo Exchange
Red Kelly looking bag-$180 consignment about 18 years ago.
Small Asian bag-bought in Thailand
Tooled leather clutch-$15 Buffalo Exchange (LOVE THIS ONE!)
Vintage leather top handle bag-$15 Buffalo Exchange (lined in leather with original mirror)
Small croco clutch-$1 garage sale
Magazine clutch-purchased about 10 years ago on Ebay
Small jeweled evening bag-$11 antique store (people get really ****ed when I won't sell this one)!
Cream top handle bag-belonged to my grandmother!

That telephone bag is so cool!

If I remember to I should come back and post all my vintage bags :smile: I have recently started only buying vintage. So everything except for a couple of Betsey Johnson bags I have are vintage.

Most of what I carry is vintage Kelly bags I get from flea markets -- I've been burned a couple of times on Etsy by photos that hide flaws so now I prefer to buy in person. I don't think the brands are well-known but they are crocodile or leather-embossed croc, one is a floral fabric in accordion pleats. It's pretty easy to find kelly bags in good condition, I think, harder to find shoulder bags in good condition for reasonable prices -- I think the kelly bags were used less often.

Most of what I carry is vintage Kelly bags I get from flea markets -- I've been burned a couple of times on Etsy by photos that hide flaws so now I prefer to buy in person. I don't think the brands are well-known but they are crocodile or leather-embossed croc, one is a floral fabric in accordion pleats. It's pretty easy to find kelly bags in good condition, I think, harder to find shoulder bags in good condition for reasonable prices -- I think the kelly bags were used less often.
Now when you say Kelly bags, I know that is a particular style. Can you share some pictures? I just want to really know what I have and what I am searching for. Thanks

I haven't taken good pictures of mine but here's one that is similar:
img1.etsystatic.com/il_570xN.303388729.jpg

Oh I am falling in love with this style lately! I just found 2 on etsy and got both because they were super inexpensive, but excellent quality. Both leather, and one looks like it was rarely ever used.

I'm so excited about both of them! :yahoo:
I blame the new Pan Am series for my new obsession! ;)

I haven't taken good pictures of mine but here's one that is similar:
img1.etsystatic.com/il_570xN.303388729.jpg
So this Koret is considered Kelly?
IMG_20120116_204543.jpg

or is this a Kelly?
IMG_20120121_193809.jpg

I found pretty Paloma Picasso

Miu Miu straw tote with turquoise

metal (silver alloy) mesh evening bag (I LOVE it)

Attachments

• paloma.JPG
    paloma.JPG
    56.7 KB · Views: 430
  • miustraw.JPG
    miustraw.JPG
    57.2 KB · Views: 428
  • silver.jpg
    silver.jpg
    30.8 KB · Views: 426
Vintage has been making a comeback and for good account. You can never go wrong with the classic styles of the 40's and 50's. Chic and classy. Would you be willing to trade a vintage that you have for another vintage that you have been wanting? Or would you rather keep what you have and buy another if you could find it?
Just curious:cool:

kimbend said:
Vintage has been making a comeback and for good account. You can never go wrong with the classic styles of the 40's and 50's. Chic and classy. Would you be willing to trade a vintage that you have for another vintage that you have been wanting? Or would you rather keep what you have and buy another if you could find it?
Just curious:cool:

Finding a vintage bag is like giving an orphan a home. No, I would never trade one vintage piece for another. Would you trade one of your children?

Reactions: Mirai
Hello Ladies

I also love vintage bags. It's fun to carry a bag that is different. Coach and Dooney remind me too much of HS so I gave most of those away to my nieces. But I kept the vintage Gucci and Doir bags. These are pics of a Whiting & Davis 40ish and an Alligator bag I found a resale store in San Francisco. Anyone remember Eel skin from the first time?

Attachments

• 015 (800x600).jpg
    015 (800x600).jpg
    376.1 KB · Views: 421
  • 019 (800x600).jpg
    019 (800x600).jpg
    250.5 KB · Views: 413
  • 017 (800x600).jpg
    017 (800x600).jpg
    340 KB · Views: 419
  • 018 (800x600).jpg
    018 (800x600).jpg
    239.4 KB · Views: 417
  • 014 (800x600).jpg
    014 (800x600).jpg
    267.1 KB · Views: 411
Reactions: Susmita Gupta
Hi ladies, I'd love to see pics of vintage bags too! I don't know much about most vintage styles, but I do love the Bonnie Cashin Coach bags! 'm posting pics of my one vintage bag that I've been too ashamed to post so far for fear of getting labeled a Purseforumer with no taste :shame: But it's one of my favorites, a tooled leather bag from the 50s or 60s I'd guess that I use frequently now that the weather is getting warmer. The best part - "Betty" :lol: !

What a awesome bag!Love it!