Victor Canera Engagement Ring Advice

Thanks for all the great info, everyone. I apologize for the delay in my response. I took the time to read all your advice and made an appt to check out more jewelers with my gfs this coming weekend! I think I'm going to focus on narrowing down on the stone and then contacting Victor Canera! BF let me know that he'd ideally like to make a trip sommetime soon o to LA cause it seems like we both have a list of jewelers we like in So Cal more. I feel that I have a better game plan now and that's all thanks to you! Thank you so much for suggesting that I check out more stores. I just didn't realize the extent of how much is involved with finding a diamond/ring. I can't wait to update once we find the stone!

View attachment 3822754

Here is a pic of me trying on oval halo and pear halo at ShaneCo. Oval was about 1.2 carat and Pear halo was 1.5 carat. The sales associate said my finger is size 4.5. What do you guys think? My hand and fingers are small and short, would really like to get some input from fellow hand bag / jewelry lovers! :heart:

Also, please excuse my manicure, I was not prepared to go ring shopping at all!
I really like the Oval on you.

Reactions: kuriso
I recently had Victor create a custom double halo setting for an emerald cut yellow sapphire (inner halo is yellow gold w/ canary yellow diamonds, outer in platinum + reg diamonds). He was very patient with my never ending emails and all in all I am very happy with it.

View attachment 3822754

Here is a pic of me trying on oval halo and pear halo at ShaneCo. Oval was about 1.2 carat and Pear halo was 1.5 carat. The sales associate said my finger is size 4.5. What do you guys think? My hand and fingers are small and short, would really like to get some input from fellow hand bag / jewelry lovers! :heart:

Also, please excuse my manicure, I was not prepared to go ring shopping at all!

I love the pear shape on your hand! It elongates your fingers and looks very elegant. It also doesn’t look overwhelming in the larger ct size.

So random...I haven't been on here in ages but saw your thread about Victor Canera.

Have to log off soon but feel free to message me and we can chat more.

I didn't work with Victor per se since my fiance was the one who researched everything and he went online to pricescope forums too I think...he really researched this like he was working on some final thesis project...

We are in LA but my fiance had contacted everyone from HK to Israel to NY and he consistently found that Victor Canera would be rated in the top 2-3 custom jewelers in the States...if not usually mentioned as being THE BEST esp with halos and his custom work in platinum.

Anyhow...good luck on your search and hope I can help ☺

Here are some pics btw of the finished product

(we had both looked at engagement rings together for quite some time...like pretty much in month 2 of dating but we were in no rush at all and just looked at all the high end boutiques for fun like HW, Graff, Leviev, Cartier etc whenever we were out or traveling to other cities with different boutique locations...the one thing we knew was that we both loved the heart shape diamonds...but then my fiance totally out of the blue went on a full time super secret mission mode for like 6 months to research and find the perfect heart shape diamond stone and then find the best jeweler to create what he had in mind for the ❤️)

5F40DE9D-C65B-4757-A250-53740FCFA8E7.jpeg 7D9AB45F-803F-41A4-9757-785236832986.jpeg 08EC8B66-7394-4C4E-9847-3647F415144A.jpeg 2BC5A047-D09B-4F7E-B0CB-65DA461B3791.jpeg 9618C246-56E6-41FE-B846-54DB11681403.jpeg

Thanks everyone for the replies! This past weekend, I went to check out the SF Jewelry Center and while I was mesmerized by all the sparkles, I did not fall in love with any halo typed setting there. I saw some designers such as Tacori, Forevermark, Ritani, Verragio and nothing really spoke to me. I tried on some oval and pear solitaires which I liked but without being able to compare it against a Canera halo pear/oval, I had a hard time figuring out whether I truly liked it or not. I also felt pressured by the sales associate to decide over the shape of the diamond - oval or pear. At this point, we have decided to travel to LA next month and make an appt with Victor just to see the halo in person. I think that's the only way to to find out whether I truly want a halo or not. I don't think at this point any other halo will do. I think my heart has always been set with Victor Canera after learning about it from TPF. I will definitely do some more research on Pricescope...

Here are some pics btw of the finished product

(we had both looked at engagement rings together for quite some time...like pretty much in month 2 of dating but we were in no rush at all and just looked at all the high end boutiques for fun like HW, Graff, Leviev, Cartier etc whenever we were out or traveling to other cities with different boutique locations...the one thing we knew was that we both loved the heart shape diamonds...but then my fiance totally out of the blue went on a full time super secret mission mode for like 6 months to research and find the perfect heart shape diamond stone and then find the best jeweler to create what he had in mind for the ❤️)

View attachment 3835689 View attachment 3835690 View attachment 3835692 View attachment 3835694 View attachment 3835695

That is absolutely gorgeous! What a nice surprise to see your post :smile: It's been so long and I hope you and your fiance are doing well! I'll be sure to PM you if I have any questions. Your ring is beautiful and those sunnies are TDF!

I recently had Victor create a custom double halo setting for an emerald cut yellow sapphire (inner halo is yellow gold w/ canary yellow diamonds, outer in platinum + reg diamonds). He was very patient with my never ending emails and all in all I am very happy with it.

I'm so happy to hear that you had a great experience with Victor! =) It makes me excited to reach out to Victor too!