Veau Foulonne ----> Le Foulonne

Hello!

I have looked at the Foulonne Backpack many times over the last couple of years, and I found the color I want at a good price but am still not sure yet. Does anyone have this bag and, if so, what are your thoughts? Longchamp Foulonne Backpack
It's very roomy and very beautiful. It's meant to be a work bag for me and I've been working from home, so I've yet to use it, but I did a stuffing test and it holds a ton. I think I put my laptop, 500ml steel water bottle, a large but thin book and a small but thick one, and a lunchbox in it. I'm not concerned that I'll be able to carry my laptop, any papers, lunch, water, a book, and perhaps even a newborn in there if need be. If size is a concern for you, it shouldn't be.

Here's a rant, however, about service at the Printemps in Rouen.
I stopped by last week (I've run away to Normandy so I'm not in Paris at the moment) and purchased a Foulonné backpack. I noticed the hardware was silver (I believe it's a previous version of the Foulonné backpack), and when I had previously gone window shopping and it caught my eye, the hardware was gold. That was the difference that stood out to me. When I asked whether it was available with gold hardware, the SA (who had shown me the bag with gold hardware less than a week prior, and remembered me coming in with my partner's dad) told me that unfortunately, they didn't make a version of the bag with each silver and gold hardware. It was beautiful nonetheless, so my partner purchased it. She gave us the model off the shelf, and as I hate germs, I asked for a fresh one. She said this was her last one but wiped it down and treated it for me.

I figured I'd misremembered the details of the bag and it was roomy enough and the leather was gorgeous, so I continued shopping in the rest of the department store, and eventually circled back to Longchamp to look for a Christmas present less than an hour later. Behold: a caramel backpack on the shelf. Guess she had more after all. The second I saw that, I decided I wouldn't be purchasing a single thing more from there. I went about with my late afternoon and eventually went to see family. I then remembered that I'm actually not crazy and went on the site to check and what do you know? The bag she had sold me was not the bag she had shown me a week prior, they did indeed have a version with gold hardware, and when I thought back to the bag she'd replaced on the shelf, I was pretty sure it had the hardware I'd wanted. She straight-up sold me a different bag and lied about availability.

I went back (couldn't make it until a couple of minutes before closing) and said I was returning it. When I explained to her and her colleague that it was the wrong bag and that I'd simply be ordering the one I actually want online, she magically remembered seeing one of the new caramel Foulonné backpacks in the back and switched it out for me. I tried to give her the benefit of the doubt as she was maybe just overwhelmed by the holidays, but in between her originally selling me the wrong bag and her replacing it with the correct one, she both replaced the bag on the shelf with the correct bag and helped me pick look for a present. I doubt she remembered my face from a whole week prior but forgot that she had seen me less an hour earlier. All this to say, I'm never purchasing Longchamp from any Printemps ever again. I wouldn't have made a trip back to Paris for it, but there's a Longchamp in Deauville and hour from Rouen, and I'll remember that in the future.