VCA ~ Van Cleef Arpels Discussion thread!

Ok, first be aware that I don't have any of these.

However, my first VCA piece was a mop single motif pendant and I found it extremely easy to wear and care for - goes with everything and does not seem to show dirt and smudges as other stones may. Official care is that you don't get it wet (and by that I mean don't wear it to swim or shower). Guilloche tends to be delicate with regards to scratching, but unless you're layering necklaces it's not really going to hit anything (just maybe be careful if you're zipping up a jacket). I have no experience at all with Tiger's Eye; on the right person it is just stunning and will go with everything; for most of us, the use is a little more limited compared to your other two options. JMO.
Thank you! I have the sweet MOP butterfly bracelet so I have some experience with it, this is helpful, I was planning on layering so not 100% sure about the guilloche now

Seeing people posting Magic onyx earrings always reminds me that I find it so frustrating that VCA will have partial sets in a certain metal and stone, but not all. For example, I prefer onyx and white MOP in white gold. I can get the bracelets, one long and one short Magic pendant, a 10 and 20 motif in MOP, but no Magic earrings in either one. I really prefer Magic earrings over vintage other than my pave pair. I guess I should post this in the Dear VCA thread, but this is one thing that I find so strange, especially since there are some other Magic pieces in wg.

Seeing people posting Magic onyx earrings always reminds me that I find it so frustrating that VCA will have partial sets in a certain metal and stone, but not all. For example, I prefer onyx and white MOP in white gold. I can get the bracelets, one long and one short Magic pendant, a 10 and 20 motif in MOP, but no Magic earrings in either one. I really prefer Magic earrings over vintage other than my pave pair. I guess I should post this in the Dear VCA thread, but this is one thing that I find so strange, especially since there are some other Magic pieces in wg.
Totally agree as I have the same set but added a SO 3 motif - a single motif Magic would be ideal for day/work wear.

Reactions: DS2006
Hi,

I have the Malachite magic pendant. Do I get the vintage or Magic malachite earrings to go with it? I love the magic size earrings but wondering if it would be too much with magic pendant. Thanks!

View attachment 5004310
I think if you wear it long, the Magic earrings wouldn't be too much. But if you more often wear it doubled, Magic earrings might be a little much. I don't have that combination, but I have tried them on.

Hi,

I have the Malachite magic pendant. Do I get the vintage or Magic malachite earrings to go with it? I love the magic size earrings but wondering if it would be too much with magic pendant. Thanks!

View attachment 5004310

Most people will probably say vintage, but I'm a more-is-more kinda gal so I'm saying either...and as I type this I am wearing my Magic earrings with my Magic pendant. :smile:

Hi,

View attachment 5004310
I once purchased the Vintage Malachite earrings - they got lost with my dark hair and returned them.

I don't like matchy but complementary and I would have said VINTAGE but if you must have a set, this is one time I would say go for the MAGIC. Otherwise, your Pave Frivole Earrings in YG would work just fine :tup: