VCA ~ Van Cleef Arpels Discussion thread!

Thank you! I hope not as well! I noticed it multiple times with my YG earrings (various pairs) - just where the gold touches my skin. I have not tried with WG, but platinum seems ok. All of my rings are platinum (no VCA rings). I read about this issue, and it seems like the nickel in the gold alloy (higher in WG than YG) is what typically causes the reaction. I thought it was just ear-sensitivity the first time and actually did not wear any earrings at all for a couple of weeks, but the next time I wore them it happened again. I also noticed a reaction on the skin on my chest where the YG pendant touched me. After putting hydrocortisone cream on my chest, the reaction went away the next day. However, oddly YG bracelets seem ok (so I am still hopeful) - though my bracelets are extremely loose so never stay in one spot.
I was reading that it might be a temporary allergic response related to hormones, so I am hoping that is the case. I have never had any metal allergies before recently, so I am a bit concerned!

I hope it’s only temporary! Earrings usually cause the most issues but you say it happened with a necklace too. I wonder if a jeweler could coat the metal with something to block whatever you are sensitive to? I like the suggestion to see an allergist to get tested for metal but a positive test would just confirm what you already know.
I hope you find a solution quickly as this must be so frustrating for you.

Reactions: nicole0612
Oh Chit! That YG necklace has my name on it!!!
I do love the Frivole line.

Etoupebirkin, leave room for my name too on that necklace. I love it. Wish they had a modeling photo of that on the neck because I thought I liked the bracelet but it doesn’t look very nice on the wrist. The chain appears too fragile for the flowers; seems like they would catch on any and everything and that fragile chain would just break.

What do you mean it’s the NYC combo?

It’s the New York exclusive I believe ... the white gold and onyx :smile: but if I recall there was a store exclusive previously with the white gold onyx. It’s slipping my mind the name of the store. They had the 20 and the bracelet :smile: some of our members got them I believe. Love to see modeling shots to enable me please [emoji173]️

Are you kidding me? I think this is outrageous. They have your money for over a year and you're afraid of them! They should be afraid of you.

You have every right to be annoyed if not upset. You have every right to request a refund. They have an obligation to timely fulfill and order, after which you have a right to a full refund if they cannot deliver. There's no reason to be afraid--frankly they should be apologizing to you.

I'd ask to see the store manager and cancel. Be firm and ask for a refund. Any manager worth her salt should be concerned about losing your business.

Finally, if you still want the bracelet, ask your SA to give you a call should it ever arrive.

They don't have the right to take you money and then abandon you.
This!! I feel everything you’re saying @Happyish! Perhaps I feel this way because I’m not a VIP anywhere and would feel differently if I made it to that status with my SA but as it stands, I definitely echo your sentiments!

I'm looking at buying my first VCA piece. I'm looking at the onyx 5 motif bracelet, but I was wondering if it's durable enough for daily wear? Does anyone have any insight into this?
I’m a VCA newbie so maybe the experts can chime in but from my obsessive reading/research on the stones here, all stones are delicate and should be cared for (avoid water, wipe down, etc) but having said that the most durable of the stones available would be onyx. I tried on the onyx 10 motif and was shocked at how much I loved it! The onyx bracelet is perfect!

So I did it... I went to Birks to look at the guilloche bracelet and fell in love with the shine! Guilloche is breath taking! I ended up ordering a ten motif necklace but unfortunately it won’t be in until 6-8 months later. I didn’t have to put a deposit down for it which was awesome. My SA is from Birks and she is just lovely. She doesn’t mind me browsing, asking a ton of questions or coming in to try things on without buying. I don’t think I’ll ever buy VCA without her!

I also tried on the large frivole earrings and fell in love. They were surprisingly not that large on my tiny ears (maybe because I have a big face to balance it out or lots of dark hair) and that warm glow from the reflective petals was more beautiful that I imagined! I’ve decided these large YG frivoles will be my second VCA purchase. I can see why everyone loves the frivole line! My SA aaid she’ll be calling me to try the new frivole items as well as the two butterfly items (way out of my budget there but hey I won’t say no to eye candy!).

Lastly she brought a 10 motif onyx necklace for me because she thought it would go nice with my coloring. When I put it on it was just “wow”. I had never considered onyx as I assumed MOP would be what I would get if it came down between the two but wow. Onyx was amazing. It brought attention to my neck and contrasted nicely against my tanned skin with dark hair. I loved it and can see why so many ladies love this.

Mod shots/photos below:

Attachments

• 673DA3F1-7C7C-4CDF-B6C0-8B67C51D23F0.jpeg
    673DA3F1-7C7C-4CDF-B6C0-8B67C51D23F0.jpeg
    120.7 KB · Views: 545
  • 0880D2E9-F7F6-4452-B35F-CDE654E2F8E6.jpeg
    0880D2E9-F7F6-4452-B35F-CDE654E2F8E6.jpeg
    54.6 KB · Views: 539
  • 6BB804D4-072E-4B94-B09A-F87F1F0A3781.jpeg
    6BB804D4-072E-4B94-B09A-F87F1F0A3781.jpeg
    50.9 KB · Views: 539
  • 40F702D0-B5BB-470B-8243-4D0B87D587D1.jpeg
    40F702D0-B5BB-470B-8243-4D0B87D587D1.jpeg
    191.8 KB · Views: 535
I’m a VCA newbie so maybe the experts can chime in but from my obsessive reading/research on the stones here, all stones are delicate and should be cared for (avoid water, wipe down, etc) but having said that the most durable of the stones available would be onyx. I tried on the onyx 10 motif and was shocked at how much I loved it! The onyx bracelet is perfect!
Thanks so much for your input!!

So I did it... I went to Birks to look at the guilloche bracelet and fell in love with the shine! Guilloche is breath taking! I ended up ordering a ten motif necklace but unfortunately it won’t be in until 6-8 months later. I didn’t have to put a deposit down for it which was awesome. My SA is from Birks and she is just lovely. She doesn’t mind me browsing, asking a ton of questions or coming in to try things on without buying. I don’t think I’ll ever buy VCA without her!

I also tried on the large frivole earrings and fell in love. They were surprisingly not that large on my tiny ears (maybe because I have a big face to balance it out or lots of dark hair) and that warm glow from the reflective petals was more beautiful that I imagined! I’ve decided these large YG frivoles will be my second VCA purchase. I can see why everyone loves the frivole line! My SA aaid she’ll be calling me to try the new frivole items as well as the two butterfly items (way out of my budget there but hey I won’t say no to eye candy!).

Lastly she brought a 10 motif onyx necklace for me because she thought it would go nice with my coloring. When I put it on it was just “wow”. I had never considered onyx as I assumed MOP would be what I would get if it came down between the two but wow. Onyx was amazing. It brought attention to my neck and contrasted nicely against my tanned skin with dark hair. I loved it and can see why so many ladies love this.

Mod shots/photos below:
Those Frivole earrings are gorgeous. And they suit you so well!!

Reactions: Bee-licious

Mod shots/photos below:
Frivole looks so stunning on you.

Reactions: Bee-licious
It’s the New York exclusive I believe ... the white gold and onyx :smile: but if I recall there was a store exclusive previously with the white gold onyx. It’s slipping my mind the name of the store. They had the 20 and the bracelet :smile: some of our members got them I believe. Love to see modeling shots to enable me please [emoji173]️

Without the pave can be ordered but it’s a SO, must be approved and there is a premium