VCA Sweet Alhambra or Tiffany Double Heart Pendant

I don’t have the YG Tiffany double heart tag but I would choose the VCA sweet hammered gold. I actually bought that for myself last year as a 29th bday present to myself. I love how dainty it is. Definitely looks good on its own as well. It’s a lovely and unique shape imo. But you can also easily stack it with other necklaces.

Tiffany double heart tag necklace is super cute! But I also have a t smile necklace from Tiffany and to be honest, I’m not the biggest fan of Tiffany’s craftsmanship even though they have very cute designs.

A VCA vote for me as well. Would like to recommend checking the Victoria necklace from Tiffany though. It always catches my eyes when I’m in store.

I know VCA is pretty behind on orders for their hammered gold items but maybe I got lucky, I got mine within 2 weeks of placing the order.

Attachments

• IMG_0821.jpeg
    IMG_0821.jpeg
    150 KB · Views: 60
Thank you everyone for your kind responses and picks! I’ve decided to eliminate the Tiffany and now am deciding between the mini Frivole and Sweet Alhambra in carnelian, since, as many of you’ve mentioned here, it’s impossible to get hammered gold Sweet Alhambra (or any hammered pieces at that) at the moment, which is a bummer :sad:

Thank you everyone for your kind responses and picks! I’ve decided to eliminate the Tiffany and now am deciding between the mini Frivole and Sweet Alhambra in carnelian, since, as many of you’ve mentioned here, it’s impossible to get hammered gold Sweet Alhambra (or any hammered pieces at that) at the moment, which is a bummer :sad:
Oo I love the mini frivole! It’s a gorgeous piece and it looks very nice on it’s own. Would be a great every day piece as well since there’s no stone to baby with.

Please post a pic of your choice when you do decide on what to get for your sister 🤩

Oo I love the mini frivole! It’s a gorgeous piece and it looks very nice on it’s own. Would be a great every day piece as well since there’s no stone to baby with.

Please post a pic of your choice when you do decide on what to get for your sister 🤩
I will for sure post it as soon as I get my hands on it :smile: I’m a little nervous, though, I’ve read somewhere here on the forum that VCA has limited stock of Frivoles as well… Hopefully I will be able to snatch one

I will for sure post it as soon as I get my hands on it :smile: I’m a little nervous, though, I’ve read somewhere here on the forum that VCA has limited stock of Frivoles as well… Hopefully I will be able to snatch one
The YG mini Frivole with diamond is actually in stock on the VCA website right now! I love the Frivole collection, so personally I think that is a great plan.

Reactions: Okayjenny
It looks like for now both Carnelian Sweet Alhambra and mini Frivole are in stock! I’ll only be able to buy the necklace next weekend, so hopefully they both will still be available, fingers crossed. Which necklace do you prefer more? I’m honestly torn. On one hand, my sister is very active and casual, not really feminine, she wears sneakers and jeans almost all the time, so I feel Sweet Alhambra will suite her much better. On the other hand, mini Frivole is so unique and shiny, and pretty much carefree, since it’s gold and diamond. Decisions, decisions…

Reactions: hhw
It looks like for now both Carnelian Sweet Alhambra and mini Frivole are in stock! I’ll only be able to buy the necklace next weekend, so hopefully they both will still be available, fingers crossed. Which necklace do you prefer more? I’m honestly torn. On one hand, my sister is very active and casual, not really feminine, she wears sneakers and jeans almost all the time, so I feel Sweet Alhambra will suite her much better. On the other hand, mini Frivole is so unique and shiny, and pretty much carefree, since it’s gold and diamond. Decisions, decisions…
I think personally the frivole is so cute and unique plus the gold is very durable so don't have to worry about sweat vs the carnelian but then the carnelian is like a classic vca item everyone knows on sight ...so I am also torn with your question 😂

Good luck! Whichever you choose she'll love so you can't go wrong either or!

M
I vote for the mini frivole! Its not as common, and totally works with sneakers and a t shirt, its also way more unique and eye catching in comparison to the sweet Alhambra!

I'd vote for carnelian, because VCA's carnelian doesn't look remotely close to carnelian used by other brands. On top of that, although gold & diamonds are supposed to be more carefree and durable (in a way), you can't really clean the diamond or diamonds (if you opt for the pave) all that well in the frivole design because you can't leave it in the ultrasonic cleaner - it'll loosen the prongs/stones. Replacing a carnelian will be cheaper than replacing a loose diamond. For the frivole I much prefer the small model, it has a nicer shape & presence. Carnelian is quite hardwearing and I've certainly shower and workout with it on before, it's been holding up really well and still look as new. But most importantly, it's up to what you sister's preference.

I have the carnelian sweet from vca and don't find it absolutely carefree - the loop around the motif is very small so sometimes it gets stuck sliding around the chain, and needs to be fixed. Carnelian is otherwise quite tough though and I've never worried about wearing it into shower, swimming, etc.

Mini frivole is really cute too! It packs quite a punch with its unique reflective design.

If you were considering Tiffany I'd recommend the DBTY series (you can find a whole thread about it in the Tiffany subforum), I find that the most carefree for daily wear of all my necklaces.