VCA Alhambra vintage or Cartier DLDC

Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. I think MOP is fragile, but it's not typically a corncern for necklaces.

I've had mine for over 10 years w/ no issues.

2. +1!! Plz do reveal when you decide as I love to see everyone's photos! So exciting!

3. Totally agree with this! The VCA Vintage Alhambra is a beautiful versatile design.

4. Thanks everyone for your great input! I looked at so many pictures, thought about my current jewelry and how to pick a piece that will blend with my daily jewelry. They didn't have it online and I don't have a store in my area so I had to chase this piece. I won't say what I chose but will do a reveal on Friday :smile:

5. Can't wait to see what you chose! You can't go wrong with either one of these. I have a diamond solitaire (not Cartier) and I wear it a lot, but I would certainly not say no to a VCA Vintage Alhambra pendant!

I will check back in on Friday for your reveal!

6. I don't want to be a bad influence but get both :biggrin: They would be great layered together. The MOP you would need to take off everyday as it is not as durable as a diamond. Good luck!

7. I would always choose which one has the diamond lol

8. I was tempted to do that [emoji23]

9. +1

10. A quick picture! I will post more layer :smile:

11. ImageUploadedByPurseForum1427495187.737136.jpg

A quick one! I'll post more later :smile:

12. This Cartier design is too common, nothing distinctive abt it.
    However, I wouldn't choose vintage alhambra mop necklace either. Mop is porous and it's too cumbersome to hv to unbuckle the crawl every day to remove it. For the short VCA pendant necklace, I would choose a pendant in all gold instead.

13. #28 Mar 27, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 27, 2015
    More pics:
    ImageUploadedByPurseForum1427509942.222870.jpg ImageUploadedByPurseForum1427509955.945096.jpg
    ImageUploadedByPurseForum1427510297.999625.jpg

So I really loved the VCA and the DLCD but kind of went with the DLCD but 6 smaller diamonds instead.

I wanted something that will look different but delicate. I have lots of necklaces with and without pendants so right there both styles were disqualified but the chain in the Cartier kept singing to my ears. Then in another thread someone was modeling this necklace and I was intrigued. I think the price is a bit steep but took a risk because it blended so well with everything I wear on a daily basis. It doesn't take away the uniqueness of each piece. Forgot to say I wear everyday my love bracelet too. So this diamond necklace balances out everything. Another thing that I love is that it doesn't get caught up in my hair. This is BIG for me. I hate when necklaces pulled my hair. That's why I didn't picked Tiffany. Honesty, there are "similar" styles like this one but when you look at it in person it looks different. The quality of the diamonds are very good and the vessels is what makes this necklace different.

Thanks for your help and letting me share!

14. Beautiful! I agree that the Cartier chain is special and the bezel around the diamond is different from Tiffany's

15. What a great choice!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice