Vanessa Hudgens

And this is why celebrities should keep their mouths shut about coronavirus. Vanessa displayed her ignorance and now she is getting the backlash. Idiot.

Vanessa Hudgens apologizes for "insensitive" comments about coronavirus during Instagram live video
Vanessa Hudgens came under fire Tuesday when she exhibited a blatant disregard for the severity of the coronavirus outbreak. In an Instagram live video, Hudgens told her followers she thought officials estimating the outbreak might last until July sounds like "a bunch of bulls***."

"It's a virus, I get it. Like, I respect it. But at the same time, like, even if everybody gets it, like, yeah, people are gonna die, which is terrible but, like, inevitable?" Hudgens said in her livestream.

The "High School Musical" actress had many people up in arms with her video. The Centers for Disease Control and other government officials are strongly encouraging people stay home and self-isolate to try and stem the virus' spread. In some areas, like parts of Northern California, isolation is more than a suggestion — it's an order, with a mandated shelter in place.

Hudgens seemed to recognize her mistake, issuing a statement Wednesday on Twitter and posting an Instagram story. "I realized some of my comments are being taken out of context," Hudgens said.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/vaness...m-live-apology-social-distancing-millennials/