Van Cleef in action!

Hi. I agree with your DH. Lapis is gorgeous
I got to try on two rings that I have been debating on getting today. Loved them both and DH loved them as well. He said you need both in your life. But alas, there were none available in my size. I’m not looking to bring both home at the same time but which one would you choose first? DH said lapis first then MOP, but I personally feel MOP would get more use, casually and formally.

View attachment 5407865

I got to try on two rings that I have been debating on getting today. Loved them both and DH loved them as well. He said you need both in your life. But alas, there were none available in my size. I’m not looking to bring both home at the same time but which one would you choose first? DH said lapis first then MOP, but I personally feel MOP would get more use, casually and formally.

View attachment 5407865
"but I personally feel MOP would get more use, casually and formally . . . "
Why would you buy the lapis if your preference is for the MOP? Never mind your husband. Never mind TPF. Buy what you prefer! Maybe one will be enough, and then you'll regret not having bought your first choice.

Would having both be too redundant you think? When I’m in the store, I get overly excited and want literally everything. Now that my mind has settled a bit, I’m thinking maybe two is too too much? Yes, no?
If you really really love the butterfly ring, two butterfly rings is not too much. However, two cabochon stones are too much (e.g. lapis and MOP). If you get two butterfly rings, I would get lapis as the first. For the second, I would get yellow sapphire. The sapphire will look very different as it is a sparkly faceted stone, not like the smooth cabochon of lapis and MOP.

That said, if you do not love love the butterfly and don't have to have two, I would get a Frivole pave BTF as a second ring if you do not already have one.

Reactions: Lien

View attachment 5407865
Both look amazing on you @ThisVNchick
It depends on what look you are going for. Lapis pops more but I feel it’s limiting in what you can wear with. White mop (I maybe biased but this is my personal experience too) is mote versatile and goes with everything! I wear mine without worrying about the color of my outfit.
I know you want to get both, but won’t it be redundant in your collection? VCA has so many beautiful BTF rings. Maybe the pave Frivole BTF instead of a second butterfly ring or something completely different?

Both look amazing on you @ThisVNchick
It depends on what look you are going for. Lapis pops more but I feel it’s limiting in what you can wear with. White mop (I maybe biased but this is my personal experience too) is mote versatile and goes with everything! I wear mine without worrying about the color of my outfit.
I know you want to get both, but won’t it be redundant in your collection? VCA has so many beautiful BTF rings. Maybe the pave Frivole BTF instead of a second butterfly ring or something completely different?
This is such good advice @ThisVNchick . I dont own it but looked many times and this is my thought process too.

View attachment 5407865
Would having both be too redundant you think? When I’m in the store, I get overly excited and want literally everything. Now that my mind has settled a bit, I’m thinking maybe two is too too much? Yes, no?
I totally agree with Happyish that you shouldn't buy based on what your husband likes. You're the one who will be wearing it! I personally would only get one ring of a particular style. With this particular decision, do you have other yellow gold and rose gold pieces to wear with each of these rings? If you wear mostly one of those metals and not the other, then I'd go with the one that is of the metal you wear most often. While I love the lapis, I actually sold my lapis bracelet to a friend because I would have rarely worn it! For me, the mop would go with everything, but I don't have rose gold jewelry! So buy what you like best and will wear the most, keeping in mind any other VCA rings you might add so that they each fill a different need.

I totally agree with Happyish that you shouldn't buy based on what your husband likes. You're the one who will be wearing it! I personally would only get one ring of a particular style. With this particular decision, do you have other yellow gold and rose gold pieces to wear with each of these rings? If you wear mostly one of those metals and not the other, then I'd go with the one that is of the metal you wear most often. While I love the lapis, I actually sold my lapis bracelet to a friend because I would have rarely worn it! For me, the mop would go with everything, but I don't have rose gold jewelry! So buy what you like best and will wear the most, keeping in mind any other VCA rings you might add so that they each fill a different need.
very good advice for many of us. I do love the MOP butterfly too, like you, I don't really have rose gold jewelry (maybe a pair of earrings which disappear on me due to my skin tone); wish they have YG version. :smile:

Reactions: DS2006