Van Cleef in action!

does anyone have mod shots of their pave vintage alhambra pendant in rg or wg? which metal do you think suits the piece more?
I think they are two different looks, and it's what you're after.
To me, any white metal (white gold or platinum), makes the piece a "diamond piece". That's why white metal/platinum is often the choice in high jewelery diamond pieces. The focus is solely on the diamonds.

When you use RG with diamonds, the piece becomes a blend of metal and diamonds, a jewelry piece. Your eye now has two colors to process, the RG around the diamonds and the diamonds itself. You will definitely see the RG if that is what you want. It's very pretty as well, but you definitely see metal. It's your preference.

Often times these days with pure diamond pieces, people don't want to see metal and only highlight the diamond.
Most people like to match their metal when wearing jewelry and that's what drives the choice. However, if you are open to any choice of metal and do not care about matching, hands down... I think WG with diamond pave is stunning. Super sparkly as the eye focuses solely on the diamonds.

The Serpenti and Clover look really nice together. The softness and rounded edges of the Clover look great as a contrast to the sharp lines and bevel of the Serpenti. Both in WG tie it together and make a really nice artistic statement! It keeps my eye moving to want to look at it more, not just glance at your stack and move on. My eye stays on that stack! Great combo! Love it!

Last edited:
Frivole and Alhambra.
Your set looks beautiful! Love those big Frivole earrings on you. They fit perfect on your ear!
I'm all about visual aesthetic and placement, and earrings are really tough as all ears are so different. A person often has to go with the flow when it comes to earrings and make it work (like me... small earlobes, low pierced hole, always a slight droop, blah blah blah).

However, these earrings were truly meant to fit you, like custom made for your earlobe...
Horizontally, your earrings are centered on your ear lobe and they don't touch the side of your cheeks, vertically, the flower covers your earlobe and extends slightly low below the earlobe as it should, but not too low below the earlobe. Then the angle where they sit on your ear makes them face out, like it is blooming looking at the sun. The 3D makes the petals come to life. All perfect on your ear!

So gorgeous! I love seeing these on you!

ETA: In case I sounded like a crazy woman and the words did not make sense, here is a visual. Her ear lobe/ear piercing seems exactly like mine as my small frivoles lay like her in the photo. These are the small, so can you imagine how a large would look. Your ears are perfect. :biggrin:
Frivole earrings, small model - VCARB65700 - Van Cleef & Arpels (vancleefarpels.com)

Your set looks beautiful! Love those big Frivole earrings on you. They fit perfect on your ear!
I'm all about visual aesthetic and placement, and earrings are really tough as all ears are so different. A person often has to go with the flow when it comes to earrings and make it work (like me... small earlobes, low pierced hole, always a slight droop, blah blah blah).

However, these earrings were truly meant to fit you, like custom made for your earlobe...
Horizontally, your earrings are centered on your ear lobe and they don't touch the side of your cheeks, vertically, the flower covers your earlobe and extends slightly low below the earlobe as it should, but not too low below the earlobe. Then the angle where they sit on your ear makes them face out, like it is blooming looking at the sun. The 3D makes the petals come to life. All perfect on your ear!

So gorgeous! I love seeing these on you!

ETA: In case I sounded like a crazy woman and the words did not make sense, here is a visual. Her ear lobe/ear piercing seems exactly like mine as my small frivoles lay like her in the photo. These are the small, so can you imagine how a large would look. Your ears are perfect. :biggrin:
Frivole earrings, small model - VCARB65700 - Van Cleef & Arpels (vancleefarpels.com)
You have a talent for talking about jewelry :love:. Thank you so much. I am wearing the large size so you can see how big my earlobes are lol. I’m thinking in the future I may get a pair of magic Alhambra earrings (I have only two pairs of the vintage size currently). It’s also another reason I can’t really wear hoops as all you can see usually are my gigantic earlobes :lol:.

Reactions: 880 and BigAkoya
I appreciate your enthusiasm:drinks:!! I really need to take a deep breath before seriously looking into the large. It is more than three times the cost of the medium! Could it be worn often? Maybe, but its proportion really has to look good. Will check if they even have it, best chance is probably in New York now. I found some photos. Do we like them?

View attachment 5130689

View attachment 5130690

View attachment 5130691

View attachment 5130692
What's not to like (except the price) . . .

Reactions: 880 and TankerToad
I just love this post !!
The pave magic pendant is fantastic - I debated between that and the Flowerlace pendant a few years ago - I chose the Flowerlace (which I adore)but seriously is it crazy to have both?
Looking forward to what you decide !
It is not crazy to have both. Life is short . . . If you can afford it, if you love it, if it makes your heart sing--buy it . . . you can fritter the same money away on so many other things, better to put it towards something really special.

I just love this post !!
The pave magic pendant is fantastic - I debated between that and the Flowerlace pendant a few years ago - I chose the Flowerlace (which I adore)but seriously is it crazy to have both?
Looking forward to what you decide !
It’s not crazy to have both if you love them both! I used to try to hold myself back from getting more earrings because I got too many pairs that even the SA doesn’t want to sell more to me. But I do enjoy using them for different looks and even some get less used, when I reach out for them I still feel happy. Bottom line is that you really love them!