Van Cleef in action!

Since you like bold (I love bold too!) and you also wear short pendants, I vote the Lotus large clip worn short as a pendant. I don't wear short pendants, but if I did, that Lotus large clip is gorgeous. I wear long chains as pendants, and surprisingly when I tried on the Frivole Very Large clip worn long, it did not pop, so I skipped it. But worn short... those clips would pop! Plus, the Lotus large clip would make a statement but not look so logo-y and scream "look at all my VCA Alhambra" as that was one of your concerns. You can get a single shorter chain vs. having to double up, which I'm not a fan of the double up look personally. The Lotus and Frivole designs are pure art to me, very very beautiful designs.

I vote the Lotus Large clip (worn as a pendant) to match your Lotus ring! :biggrin:
I also vote the huge Flowerlace Ring to match your earrings! :nuts:
Thanks for the suggestions! Do you mean the large large lotus pendant or the medium one? I bought the medium before and ended up exchanging it for another piece, and I'm frequently thinking about getting it again. My feeling at the time was that the medium is large for a short necklace, when it sits on single chain, just under my collarbone, it looks like a bursting star from the front, which is striking, and seeing from the side, the craftsmanship really shows. but i was 6 months into lock down and did not get to play dress up at all, so i let it go. Maybe it's time to get it back! I'll DM you a picture of my favorite way to wear it. If you were talking about the Largest one, I've seen it in VCA catalogue multiple times, they look amazing as a clip, I will go try it!

I'm working on the ring!!

Last edited:
Thanks for the suggestions! Do you mean the large large lotus pendant or the medium one? I bought the medium before and ended up exchanging it for another piece, and I'm frequently thinking about getting it again. My feeling at the time was that the medium is large for a short necklace, when it sits on single chain, just under my collarbone, it looks like a bursting star from the front, which is striking, and seeing from the side, the craftsmanship really shows. but i was 6 months into lock down and did not get to play dress up at all, so i let it go. Maybe it's time to get it back! I'll DM you a picture of my favorite way to wear it. If you were talking about the Largest one, I've seen it in VCA catalogue multiple times, they look amazing as a clip, I will go try it!

I'm working on the ring!!
If you tried on the medium and liked it back then, I am sure you will love it now since you want more bling! The Lotus flower design is so 3D, it's a work of art, pure craftsmanship as you said. I would also try on the large. I do not think it's too big at all, but it all depends on what necklines you wear, so yes... try out both the medium and large again.

I tried on the large clip hoping it would work as a long pendant to make a 3 piece Lotus set But no, it didn't pop worn as a long necklace on me and did not look great (I give up on large/Very Large clips worn as a long pendant...I tried the Frivole Very Large clip and it didn't work either). However, I think the clip looks great as a short pendant, especially if you wear V-necks or low scoops. It looks beautiful sitting against bare skin, haning right below the hollow of your neck. Like one big beautiful whimsical flower. It lights up a face.

Yes on the ring! I thought you already had the Lotus ring, but if not, I think you will love it. I love mine and wear it all the time with casual clothes (e.g. striped top and skinny Bermuda shorts). I ordered the matching earrings about three weeks ago, so still waiting on them. It's bold, yet super fun.

I agree with you on the artwork and craftsmanship of Lotus, it's exquisite. Next time you go, ask to try on the ring as well. Sizing is tricky, so have your SA bring in your size, plus one size up and one size down. As FYI, I ended up with my real size (53). For my Frivole pave BTF, I had to go down on size (52), so in case you have the Frivole pave BTF, you can use that as a reference point.

So many choices... good luck!

Reactions: Anabunny and Lien
If you tried on the medium and liked it back then, I am sure you will love it now since you want more bling! The Lotus flower design is so 3D, it's a work of art, pure craftsmanship as you said. I would also try on the large. I do not think it's too big at all, but it all depends on what necklines you wear, so yes... try out both the medium and large again.

I tried on the large clip hoping it would work as a long pendant to make a 3 piece Lotus set But no, it didn't pop worn as a long necklace on me and did not look great (I give up on large/Very Large clips worn as a long pendant...I tried the Frivole Very Large clip and it didn't work either). However, I think the clip looks great as a short pendant, especially if you wear V-necks or low scoops. It looks beautiful sitting against bare skin, haning right below the hollow of your neck. Like one big beautiful whimsical flower. It lights up a face.

Yes on the ring! I thought you already had the Lotus ring, but if not, I think you will love it. I love mine and wear it all the time with casual clothes (e.g. striped top and skinny Bermuda shorts). I ordered the matching earrings about three weeks ago, so still waiting on them. It's bold, yet super fun.

I agree with you on the artwork and craftsmanship of Lotus, it's exquisite. Next time you go, ask to try on the ring as well. Sizing is tricky, so have your SA bring in your size, plus one size up and one size down. As FYI, I ended up with my real size (53). For my Frivole pave BTF, I had to go down on size (52), so in case you have the Frivole pave BTF, you can use that as a reference point.

So many choices... good luck!
Yes I do have the lotus ring, I sent you a picture remember? I meant I’m working on the flowerlace ring which you encouraged last time. I was hoping to make a 3 piece set too, maybe the large is a good idea to try. I saw some past VCA shows where the model always wore the largest size, as clip or short necklace, and never the medium! And it doesn’t look too much at all. I get what you are saying about the long necklace, it’s not good for a heavy pave piece that swings and faces down, and the visual focus would be too low. I like to wear it one loop around neck and one around pendant. The triangular shape is perfect for me.

Yes I do have the lotus ring, I sent you a picture remember? I meant I’m working on the flowerlace ring which you encouraged last time. I was hoping to make a 3 piece set too, maybe the large is a good idea to try. I saw some past VCA shows where the model always wore the largest size, as clip or short necklace, and never the medium! And it doesn’t look too much at all. I get what you are saying about the long necklace, it’s not good for a heavy pave piece that swings and faces down, and the visual focus would be too low. I like to wear it one loop around neck and one around pendant. The triangular shape is perfect for me.
I like the medium, but the large really pops and it is not too big at all, not to me. It's pure fashion chic if you ask me. The way you describe the long pendant is exactly how I felt. It looked too heavy and it was "down there", it draws the eye too low and the eye now is all over the place. Hence, I only have a 2 piece set for Lotus and Frivole. My wish, and I told my SA this, is if they would make a long station necklace in Frivole or Lotus. Wow... that would be an amazing piece to make a set.

Since you already have the Lotus Ring and earrings, the pendant is made for you! I can't wait until you try it on agai at the boutique. I think you will absolutely fall in love with it. And yes... that triangle highlighting your neckline (e.g. hollow of the neck/collarbone) is lovely.

Now you make me want to try to wear short pendants again... ugh. But I can't, I know myself. It will just annoy me as I wear round/ballet necklines, and that neckline totally competes with a short pendant.

I am so excited for you. I hope you fall in love with the large clip... it's gorgeous!