Van Cleef & Arpels: Current Worldwide Prices

I recently had a visit with an SA in Vegas and we spent most of the time playing with the letterwood. The wood will absolutely darken over time and become nearly black - one of the SAs was wearing a full set and it was almost as dark as onyx. I love the way it looks. Other than that she did not mention any other issues - I was looking at durability vs all pink gold.
That is so cool that it changes to black. I bet it had a depth that is different than onyx. Both are beautiful and you should choose the one you think you would wear more often.

Yes, but....I'm a klutz! If it's delicate, I'm going to be afraid to wear it.

Hi B! So did you end up choosing the rose gold? I am in the same dilemma (more or less), still nursing over my decision. I wanted the MOP but knowing myself, I would rather go with something I won't need to take on and off so maybe the rose gold is a better choice....

Hi B! So did you end up choosing the rose gold? I am in the same dilemma (more or less), still nursing over my decision. I wanted the MOP but knowing myself, I would rather go with something I won't need to take on and off so maybe the rose gold is a better choice....

Hey hi xiaoxiao! No, I haven't chosen anything yet...when I was buying the Sutra feather earrings and went to pick them up, I saw a gorgeous necklace which looked totally OTT with them and of course had to have that, so even with gifts from DH it took a while (finally got it for the holidays) and since then I have been having a good run with H.

I have been making a wish list of exactly what I want to have across the board with luxury accessories - and being very specific - which bags, colors, sizes; which designers and pieces of jewelry. VCA is the largest section as there are so many wearable items and a lot of it you can mix and match.

That's how I have a list of prices, because I am including that on my list. Makes it easier to prioritize. But it's just SO hard to decide!!!

I was going to say MOP would look amazing on you, but actually both would. Except for not showering/working out with it on (which I wouldn't do anyway), it isn't particularly delicate. I had a pendant I wore daily a while back and it didn't even show dirt!!! If you're concerned about not damaging MOP, while its not as hardy as Onyx, I think it's fine for daily use. The only one which seems very delicate is Malachite.

I have been making a wish list of exactly what I want to have across the board with luxury accessories - and being very specific - which bags, colors, sizes; which designers and pieces of jewelry. VCA is the largest section as there are so many wearable items and a lot of it you can mix and match.

That's how I have a list of prices, because I am including that on my list. Makes it easier to prioritize. But it's just SO hard to decide!!!

I was going to say MOP would look amazing on you, but actually both would. Except for not showering/working out with it on (which I wouldn't do anyway), it isn't particularly delicate. I had a pendant I wore daily a while back and it didn't even show dirt!!! If you're concerned about not damaging MOP, while its not as hardy as Onyx, I think it's fine for daily use. The only one which seems very delicate is Malachite.

I hear you in all counts! I have been nursing my decisions and now the price drop I think it makes sense to get it now than later (unless the prices continue to drop). I like MOP but more often than not, once I take a piece of jewelry off, I wouldn't necessarily wear it again the next day. I am at the stage of my life right now that I need an every day jewelry that I can wear, without taking them off.... ever... I was literally just thinking about this the other day, and then I saw your post and it seems like we are on the same boat! I have been looking online for pix of the rose gold one and I think it's understated and not as recognizable as the MOP, so I think for a daily necklace it's perfect... and easy to clean when the little sticky fingers get food on it or something lol.

Reactions: BBC
I hear you in all counts! I have been nursing my decisions and now the price drop I think it makes sense to get it now than later (unless the prices continue to drop). I like MOP but more often than not, once I take a piece of jewelry off, I wouldn't necessarily wear it again the next day. I am at the stage of my life right now that I need an every day jewelry that I can wear, without taking them off.... ever... I was literally just thinking about this the other day, and then I saw your post and it seems like we are on the same boat! I have been looking online for pix of the rose gold one and I think it's understated and not as recognizable as the MOP, so I think for a daily necklace it's perfect... and easy to clean when the little sticky fingers get food on it or something lol.

Then go for the rose gold - you really can't go wrong. Odds are that I will wind up with both eventually, but while I adore the contrast-look of the letterwood, the pg will go perfectly with the aforementioned pieces I just bought....[emoji848][emoji848][emoji848]

I can't see prices going down again....this is probably the time to get started on my list!!! Let me know if you are going in the city and want some company. [emoji8]

Reactions: xiaoxiao
Many years ago when pink gold Alhambra first came out, I invested in a PG 20-, 10- and 5-motif Vintage Alhambra set. I have never regretted that purchase, not for a nanosecond. They are some of the most versatile pieces I own.

Hi ladies, I don't know if this is the right thread to post this but does anybody know when is the next price increase in Europe & UK? My SA said May and if it is the case do we know start of May or end of May? Planning my purchase as I am going to France in early May and as of now Euro price is still cheaper than GBP. From reading here it seems that there won't be an increase in North America.
Thanks in advance!

Reactions: nicole0612
I'm heading to Europe for business and I wondered if my eyes deceive me. The French VCA site lists the wg pave frivole earrings for 15,700 €, which is around $16,800, but, on the USA site, they're listed for "only" $15,400.

I realize I'd get a VAT refund if I were to buy them in France, however, if my calculations are correct, the earrings in France would still cost several hundred dollars more. I wonder if U.S. prices are due for a price hike or whether Europe prices will be lowered?

I'm heading to Europe for business and I wondered if my eyes deceive me. The French VCA site lists the wg pave frivole earrings for 15,700 €, which is around $16,800, but, on the USA site, they're listed for "only" $15,400.

I realize I'd get a VAT refund if I were to buy them in France, however, if my calculations are correct, the earrings in France would still cost several hundred dollars more. I wonder if U.S. prices are due for a price hike or whether Europe prices will be lowered?

Better to purchase in the US right now - the tax savings will be little and not worth the hassle.