Unlucky jewelry?

I had never heard of any superstitions regarding jewelry except that opals are bad luck. I have certainly never had bad luck with jewelry, although I am not sure I ever would have thought to attribute anything bad to the jewelry I was wearing anyway.

Haha! This thread is funny. I have a pair of platinum diamond earrings from my DH from many years ago. Every time I wore them he seemed moody so I do not wear them anymore. I should probably sell them so I can buy something I will wear.

I had a bracelet my cousin made me that disappeared months before she passed away... I tore my things inside out and upside down to find it and never did... not really an unlucky piece but definitely unfortunate! I still feel heartache when I think about that missing bracelet.

Haha! This thread is funny. I have a pair of platinum diamond earrings from my DH from many years ago. Every time I wore them he seemed moody so I do not wear them anymore. I should probably sell them so I can buy something I will wear.

Maybe he was moody because they reminded him of all the $$$ he spent on them. LOL!

LOL! I thought EXACTLY the same thing.

So glad to hear your son fully recovered. It's heartbreaking when a child is sick. I imagine I'd be in two minds about that bracelet as well. On one hand, he made a full recovery, on the other hand, it was started when he was ill.

I have a golden locket with a picture in it of my grandparents, which is very dear to me, but I would never ever wear it to an exam again. Last year I wore it during an oral exam and I came out crying because the questions were so difficult (I'm sensitive :P) so logically I put the blame on the pendant lol! Still wear it in general, but if I have to do something important I leave it at home haha.

Not unlucky exactly but I have a ring I can't wear. It belonged to my grandmother and she wore it as a replacement wedding ring from my earliest memories. As a child it fascinated me because I'd never seen an asymmetrical cut before. I have no trouble wearing any other piece of jewelry I've inherited but I just get a haunted feeling from that ring.

The blue diamond thing is personal. She got a promotion soon after she got the studs and never really took them off after as she thinks they bring her money. In truth she's a very positive person and doesn't really "see" the bad things that happen in her life or hold grudges. She also has an insane amount of jewelry so maybe she's lost track of any good/bad luck!

She never wears rubies though. She thinks they are bad luck.

I see-- if I had blue diamond studs I probably would never take them off either!

I wonder if even synthetic sapphires are bad luck in my case. Ironically I had rubies and hated them back then! Always want what you cannot have lol

I am not superstitious, per se, however, I ***do*** believe that bad energy can come from wearing certain things (maybe that is considered superstitious...lol) For awhile some bad things would happen when I would wear certain crosses. I only wear real (10k or 14k) gold jewelry, so I would sleep and shower in my gold necklaces with cross pendants. I would lose them, the necklace would break, my energy would be drained, I had some unnatural rare things happen during college, etc... I decided to get my chain blessed by two different priests (I am not Catholic, nor did I practice any religion, per se) and also an integrated energy therapist. It sounds extreme but I swear after I did all that things started to change for the better. The necklace didn't seem to have a negative affect on my life anymore.

Reactions: Thingofbeauty