UK Chanel HEATHROW Info - Prices and Stock

Unfortunately it is true. This is from the UK gov website;

Thank-you for this - how disappointing. I'm now wondering if it would be crazy to take a cheap flight this year to a non-EU country just to buy some chanel (whilst it's still vat free)!! That would be nuts, but I'm sorely tempted!

Are both chanel locations in heathrow open?

also, personal shopping is not available right now due to covid. How can we check availability of a chanel item? Anyone know the price and availability for the small trendy in black?

Tax-free shopping in the UK is ending on 31st December, 2020! No more tax-free CHANEL shopping at Heathrow, regardless of final destination. In addition, the rules are changing for VAT refunds for items purchased in store. A refund will be given at the point of purchase if the goods are shipped (by the retailer) internationally only. No VAT refunds at the airport for items travelling with you or in your luggage. These rules are for all retailers not just CHANEL.
I still can't quite believe this! Having this shipped from the store would then mean import duties in my residential country - that's 10%, so does it make sense?
its all inline with Chanel global price harmonisation too. The October price increase will mean tax free doesn't make any difference ????

I still can't quite believe this! Having this shipped from the store would then mean import duties in my residential country - that's 10%, so does it make sense?
its all inline with Chanel global price harmonisation too. The October price increase will mean tax free doesn't make any difference ????

The import duties at destination is usually the case. Even if you buy it tax free from abroad most countries require you to declare on arrival and pay the appropriate duties.
This isn’t a Chanel thing, the UK tax laws are changing.

Reactions: CrazyCool01
The import duties at destination is usually the case. Even if you buy it tax free from abroad most countries require you to declare on arrival and pay the appropriate duties.
This isn’t a Chanel thing, the UK tax laws are changing.

This is absolutely true. You always need to declare your purchases on arrival. In the U.S. though, you could combine tax-free allowances with everyone in your travelling party and sometimes customs officers will wave you through without stopping, even after declaring purchases. That will be ancient history if everything is shipped directly from boutiques. So, not a lot of incentive for me to shop in the UK. My DH will be happy, I guess lol.

Reactions: CrazyCool01
Hi all! I’m new to this forum. I purchased my first ever Chanel bag last week. It’s a Chanel mini rectangle in black Lambskin with SHW at Harrods. I noticed some people mentioned that Heathrow has some. I‘m not sure what to do? Should I return it and hope Heathrow will have it when I travel (Outside EU) next month or should I keep it? I paid at the current price of £3,070 and if I could save at least 17% would be amazing but, I don’t want to return it and then Heathrow doesn’t have it.

Hi all! I’m new to this forum. I purchased my first ever Chanel bag last week. It’s a Chanel mini rectangle in black Lambskin with SHW at Harrods. I noticed some people mentioned that Heathrow has some. I‘m not sure what to do? Should I return it and hope Heathrow will have it when I travel (Outside EU) next month or should I keep it? I paid at the current price of £3,070 and if I could save at least 17% would be amazing but, I don’t want to return it and then Heathrow doesn’t have it.

I don’t think Harrods or even the boutiques in UK accept returns. I’m pretty sure Harrods only does an exchange within 14 days of purchase. Do you live in UK? Because if you do, even if you buy it at the airport you have to declare and pay tax and duties when you arrive back so there’s no saving, you have to carry the bag back and forth and then faff at the airport when you arrive. So I would keep the bag you have and enjoy it!

I don’t think Harrods or even the boutiques in UK accept returns. I’m pretty sure Harrods only does an exchange within 14 days of purchase. Do you live in UK? Because if you do, even if you buy it at the airport you have to declare and pay tax and duties when you arrive back so there’s no saving, you have to carry the bag back and forth and then faff at the airport when you arrive. So I would keep the bag you have and enjoy it!
Harrods and Selfridges have different returns policy to stand alone boutiques. You can return and refund at both of these department stores as it’s under their T&C of purchase rather than Chanel’s.

Contact the boutique at T5 as ask if they stock this bag before you do anything. I would hang on to the one you have before deciding to return it.

Harrods and Selfridges have different returns policy to stand alone boutiques. You can return and refund at both of these department stores as it’s under their T&C of purchase rather than Chanel’s.

Have you done a return at Chanel Harrods? Because I thought I could return too based on the info on the receipt and speaking to Harrods customer services. But when I got to Chanel they said exchange only and must be within 14 days. I didn’t argue since I was 50:50 about the bag and decided it wasn’t worth the hassle but I wonder if I did argue whether Harrods would have made them accept the exchange.

Reactions: LVoexChanel
Thanks for your input! I read the receipt and it said 14 days. Now, I’m not sure if my first ever Chanel purchase should be a small classic flap or a mini rectangle. I have 4 days left to decide. Hmm..

Contact the boutique at T5 as ask if they stock this bag before you do anything. I would hang on to the one you have before deciding to return it.
I called Chanel T5 and she told me there was 1 black rectangle mini in stock at the time but she doesn’t know if they’ll have it in stock for when I travel. She said I’d have to call 24 hours in advance and they can tell me for sure.

Have you done a return at Chanel Harrods? Because I thought I could return too based on the info on the receipt and speaking to Harrods customer services. But when I got to Chanel they said exchange only and must be within 14 days. I didn’t argue since I was 50:50 about the bag and decided it wasn’t worth the hassle but I wonder if I did argue whether Harrods would have made them accept the exchange.
When did you make a purchase? The receipt says “unwanted goods may be returned for a refund or exchange if returned unused and in their original condition within 14 days with proof of purchase...”