UK Chanel HEATHROW Info - Prices and Stock

Or I should just plan a trip with my best friend to go to London and Paris and shop there since we have been talking about this for 6 months now. Lol. So 10% shopping and 90% sight seeing. Perfect combination I think.

Or I should just plan a trip with my best friend to go to London and Paris and shop there since we have been talking about this for 6 months now. Lol. So 10% shopping and 90% sight seeing. Perfect combination I think.

This is what you should do for sure, though there are such fabulous shops in both London and Paris that it might end up being 40% shopping and 60% sight seeing! Also, just fyi, the VAT refunds will end up being closer to 12 -13% depending on how you take the refund (credit to your credit card or in cash). The full VAT is like 20%, but you don't get all of that back and there are also processing fees and exchange fees and the actual foreign currency exchange rate difference between when you purchased and when the credit comes through on your card. I've found it ends up being closer to 12% or so, depending on the country. Still, it's very much worth doing it. My mini squares I purchased in Europe ended up being about $2,275 instead of $2,900 + sales tax in the U.S. All the high end, luxury brands are a good deal. LV, for example, is roughly 30% cheaper than in the U.S. ETA: Though since I last went, Chanel, LV, etc have raised their prices at least in British pounds a couple of times.

This is what you should do for sure, though there are such fabulous shops in both London and Paris that it might end up being 40% shopping and 60% sight seeing! Also, just fyi, the VAT refunds will end up being closer to 12 -13% depending on how you take the refund (credit to your credit card or in cash). The full VAT is like 20%, but you don't get all of that back and there are also processing fees and exchange fees and the actual foreign currency exchange rate difference between when you purchased and when the credit comes through on your card. I've found it ends up being closer to 12% or so, depending on the country. Still, it's very much worth doing it. My mini squares I purchased in Europe ended up being about $2,275 instead of $2,900 + sales tax in the U.S. All the high end, luxury brands are a good deal. LV, for example, is roughly 30% cheaper than in the U.S. ETA: Though since I last went, Chanel, LV, etc have raised their prices at least in British pounds a couple of times.
That sounds great. I hope my best friend and I can do that this year. If not then 2018 for sure :smile:

Do you mind sharing what is/ are you favorite Chanel bags? Booths of my aunts. Who are 39 and 42, only a few whereas older than I am have the jumbo Chanel falls in black not sure if they are caviar or lamp skin.

I would like to have my mini(s) in caviar black and maybe white or medium boy burgundy as my first 2 Chanel. I love the GST but I heard that this strap does not stay on your shoulder. Not sure if that information is correct or not. But there are no longer sale GST in the States so perhaps GST is a good buy in the Europe when I go there :smile:

That sounds great. I hope my best friend and I can do that this year. If not then 2018 for sure :smile:

Do you mind sharing what is/ are you favorite Chanel bags? Booths of my aunts. Who are 39 and 42, only a few whereas older than I am have the jumbo Chanel falls in black not sure if they are caviar or lamp skin.

I would like to have my mini(s) in caviar black and maybe white or medium boy burgundy as my first 2 Chanel. I love the GST but I heard that this strap does not stay on your shoulder. Not sure if that information is correct or not. But there are no longer sale GST in the States so perhaps GST is a good buy in the Europe when I go there :smile:
And definitely get an LV too since you have said it's 30% off for my Mom since she said Chanel was such a waste of money lol.

Well, I'm over 50 so my perspective is different but my personal favorite Chanels are the small and m/l classic flap in caviar. Just care free and easy to wear with everything. I don't need the size or weight of the jumbo and I don't like carrying around a ton of stuff. I also really love the WOCs as you can use them as a small bag or as a wallet in a larger bag or tote, then just grab the WOC and go to lunch or dinner. The minis are great for when you want the look of a bag but don't need to carry much more than what is in a WOC.

Well, I'm over 50 so my perspective is different but my personal favorite Chanels are the small and m/l classic flap in caviar. Just care free and easy to wear with everything. I don't need the size or weight of the jumbo and I don't like carrying around a ton of stuff. I also really love the WOCs as you can use them as a small bag or as a wallet in a larger bag or tote, then just grab the WOC and go to lunch or dinner. The minis are great for when you want the look of a bag but don't need to carry much more than what is in a WOC.
I guess we like the same things then :smile:. Don't get me wrong, the jumbo looks great but I feel like it might look too big on me. It looks kinda big on my aunts. I would rather have 2 mins or 1 mini and 1Woc. I love GST and medium boy too. And who knows perhaps because my aunts have the jumbo bags so I don't want to have the same thing as they do lol.

I won't be shopping for anything else especially no more clothes, neither work clothes or whatever clothes related and just try to save money for Chanel bags from now on. Each time I order some of my work clothes it's easily costs around $200 so for 10 orders in 6 months I can save money for a mini bag. Yay!! I was trying
To build

Perhaps I can get a Chanel brooch and a LV bag for my Mom when I go to Europe.

Reactions: youngster
Sorry, I am using IPad to type so its kinda difficult. I was trying to say I was building up my work clothes and boots last year and I have more than enough now. So from now on, I want to build up my bag collection :smile:. I think 1 $3000 bag is better than 10 $300 bag especially for me since I am kinda lazy switching between bags :smile:. Chanel is more expensive than that and is so worth it so perhaps when I have 3 and more, I can switch them more often.

Reactions: youngster
Sorry, I am using IPad to type so its kinda difficult. I was trying to say I was building up my work clothes and boots last year and I have more than enough now. So from now on, I want to build up my bag collection :smile:. I think 1 $3000 bag is better than 10 $300 bag especially for me since I am kinda lazy switching between bags :smile:. Chanel is more expensive than that and is so worth it so perhaps when I have 3 and more, I can switch them more often.
I too hate switching bags and weight in a bag is very important to me. I purchased a medium Boy and a seasonal flap last year with pearls on the strap. I hated the boy... A pain to get into the the chain twists. My daughter was dying to have it so I gave it to her. She returned it to me stating the same thing... A pain to get into AND the strap twists. The Seasonal flap is lightweight and a perfect size for me... Good luck and enjoy your choices ☺

I too hate switching bags and weight in a bag is very important to me. I purchased a medium Boy and a seasonal flap last year with pearls on the strap. I hated the boy... A pain to get into the the chain twists. My daughter was dying to have it so I gave it to her. She returned it to me stating the same thing... A pain to get into AND the strap twists. The Seasonal flap is lightweight and a perfect size for me... Good luck and enjoy your choices ☺
haha this is so off topic but very interesting read ! Thanks for honestly sharing re weight of boy bag. I find the classic flap a tad heavy lol so i don't think I will consider the boy now. I didn't like the look then decided maybe I should reconsider it. Kk I'm back to saving reissue or mini then

haha this is so off topic but very interesting read ! Thanks for honestly sharing re weight of boy bag. I find the classic flap a tad heavy lol so i don't think I will consider the boy now. I didn't like the look then decided maybe I should reconsider it. Kk I'm back to saving reissue or mini then
Of course it is on topic she was asking about the weight of Chanel bags and style :biggrin: My daughter and I both loved the look of the Boy and it a great looking bag however comma! I do intend to take it into Saks and ask if perhaps there is something wrong with the chain. With respect to weight...my first classic in the 80's was and still is perfection! It isn't heavy like the newly produced ones today and is a single flap. The double flap adds weight but I wonder if the quality of what the metal forms inside the bags are made of is a lesser quality than years ago:smile:

Hey all, I'm not sure if this has already been answered or not yet but, I have some family flying out the US next month from Heathrow, and was wondering whether you're able to shop at Chanel at Heathrow on ARRIVAL? Just as departure is a bit tricky for them in terms of timing! Any help would be graciously appreciated!
Is it at all possible for staff to hold/reserve items for longer than a day also? x

Hey all, I'm not sure if this has already been answered or not yet but, I have some family flying out the US next month from Heathrow, and was wondering whether you're able to shop at Chanel at Heathrow on ARRIVAL? Just as departure is a bit tricky for them in terms of timing! Any help would be graciously appreciated!
Is it at all possible for staff to hold/reserve items for longer than a day also? x
You can't shop at Chanel on arrival unless u are a transit passenger. If your are in transit leaving the U.K. U can shop duty free. If u are in transit and not leaving the U.K. it will not be duty free but u can claim the VAT when u leave the U.K.