Two lovely surprise gifts yet I can only choose one.

So a bit of a concerning update. I have been happily wearing the bangle for a few days now and twice yesterday it unhinged on me! The second time it clattered to the floor. Luckily I was in the dressing room so I snatched it up but that was pretty scary. It is a very tight clasp but it has a button that if pressed releases the clasp. I most likely inadvertently pressed it while out and about.
Now I am considering the watch for now. Lol maybe it's a sign I should take the watch now!

So a bit of a concerning update. I have been happily wearing the bangle for a few days now and twice yesterday it unhinged on me! The second time it clattered to the floor. Luckily I was in the dressing room so I snatched it up but that was pretty scary. It is a very tight clasp but it has a button that if pressed releases the clasp. I most likely inadvertently pressed it while out and about.
Now I am considering the watch for now. Lol maybe it's a sign I should take the watch now!

Can you have a safety chain attached to it? Or an extra clasp that doesn't use a button? I would think something could be soldered onto it.

I'd get the watch. It is classic and would make a great impression at your new job. You might not be able to wear the bangle that much if it clangs while you type? As for the clasp, not sure what brand it is, but you can always get it fixed by the company or at a local jeweler. The watch on the other hand is a statement that you can mix and match jewelry you own. If someday you want a new watch, Cartier or another brand, you can always consign!

I would choose the watch for sure. First of all it will match your silver jewelry, it's much more practical and as much as I like the bracelet, I'm sure you'll get to wear the watch more than the bracelet.

I'm still voting for the bracelet. It's beautiful, and he sentiment behind it makes it more special. Can you get a safety clasp put on?

Everyone I am SO sorry I have not replied!!! I have this app on my iPhone for purse forum and I am also on vacation so I have been VERY neglectful in responding to all of your thoughtful responses.
I need to charge my phone but I will get back to you once it's charged!!!

They both seem like different styles items to me. Do both of these items fit into your style? Do they match well with your other jewelry? Do you mind mixing and matching jewelry tones? I think for me that would be the main deciding factor. You could always get another watch or bangle, so deciding if it meshs well with my other pieces/style would be my priority.

FYI I'm more partial to the bangle because I tend to favor gold, but both are beautiful pieces in and of themselves. :smile:

They are very different styles, you are right! I used to hate mixing and matching jewelry tones, but now I love doing it. :smile:
I am more partial to the bangle as well :smile:

The bangle for sure but I'm very sentimental and just knowing my sister would be wearing hers made my choice very easy, I would feel a closer connection to her than I already do.

Honestly I agree with you the sentimental factor is big here, I honestly was surprised that she offered me the bangle because I never thought she would break the two matching ones up and give one to each of us!
That's why I initially asked for the Cartier watch.

Can you have a safety chain attached to it? Or an extra clasp that doesn't use a button? I would think something could be soldered onto it.

OK so I figure out the issue. Boy was I scared when it unhinged one time and then later on that day it completeley fell off!
But I figured out why. If I wear it witht he clasp on the inside of my wrist, it was more likely that I would have hit the clasp rather than if I wore it with the clasp on the outside. If I wear it with the clasp on the outside of my wrist, then I have no problems!