Turning Fobs & Charms into Jewlery?

l thought about doing this w/ the rainy day key fob. as for using gnarms or other key fobs, how do you remove the ring w/out harming the leather on the charm?

If you mean the large split key fob rings, use an inexpensive "jaw" type staple remover like the office supply stores sell for a few dollars to pry and hold the key ring open while you slowly slide the leather charm off.

i don't think it is wrong AT ALL...just because it's coach doesnt make it have special rules (*ducks to avoid any punches*)

Think about all the local jewlery crafters, they ALL get their beads, crystals and whatever else from other sources, HARDLY will a small business buy it in bulk! So tell me, what is the difference between Billy Jane Bobby buying sworski (spelling?) crystals and makine cute earrings out of them and then marketing it "MADE WITH SWARORISKI CRYSTALS" and Jane Doe buying a coach fob doing the same excat thing?

Nothing in my mind! I think its a cute idea and a FREE MARKET!!! That's what makes this country so damn great, do a little work...market it well and ull make some money! It's not like she's ripping off the company by using fake stuff....she payed the start up cost (by buying the key fobs) and she should not be indebted to coach just because she had a brillant idea and the smarts to carry it out! :smile:

i don't think it is wrong AT ALL...just because it's coach doesnt make it have special rules (*ducks to avoid any punches*)

Think about all the local jewlery crafters, they ALL get their beads, crystals and whatever else from other sources, HARDLY will a small business buy it in bulk! So tell me, what is the difference between Billy Jane Bobby buying sworski (spelling?) crystals and makine cute earrings out of them and then marketing it "MADE WITH SWARORISKI CRYSTALS" and Jane Doe buying a coach fob doing the same excat thing?

Nothing in my mind! I think its a cute idea and a FREE MARKET!!! That's what makes this country so damn great, do a little work...market it well and ull make some money! It's not like she's ripping off the company by using fake stuff....she payed the start up cost (by buying the key fobs) and she should not be indebted to coach just because she had a brillant idea and the smarts to carry it out! :smile:
I agree - free market, what about people who build custom cars & hot rods out of other cars and brand name parts? It's all the same. I do notice that people usually state in their ads: Made from Coach keychain. It's all authentic pieces. Once, I saw on ebay a woman who made a lamp shade out of Coach fabric. It looked amazing...don't know where she got the materials, maybe she worked for Coach. Wish I still had the pic of it.